Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
As a thought - maybe Vulkan would work better in this case? We already know that DXVK helps with eliminating crashes. It may make things worse for NVIDIA but in this case it should be possible to create a DX12+Vulkan build which dynamically chooses a render based on videocard vendor.
Sadly no, because, based on what I gathered from all the tests that Matto did, Vulkan support for Unreal 4 is abysmal compared to 5 and many plug-ins don't work natively, so we got crashes at pretty much every point while the loading of the game...DXVK is different because the switch to Vulkan happens at a different point in the whole loadin/rendering process...
Also, the issue is limited to a specific single component in Unreal and not with the GPU, but with DirectX: RVT in U4 is incompatible with DX12 and RDNA2/3 apparently forces DX12, so the game crashes because the plug-in is loaded in DX12, not because of AMD itself...if you were to add -dx12 and load the game with those argument with Nvidia, RVT would still crash the game...the issue is equal part Unreal, because they never fixed this known compatibility problem, and AMD, because its compatibility sucks with older Api and they force the rendering on the new ones (apparently, because we are not 100% sure that this it's what's really happening on RDNA2/3)...

Reactions: kekpuker

goblindegenerate

Mar 25, 2022
Have a fairly good card (can run metro exodus and many other modern games well) and game runs ok, low frames. Uses 90~ % of my card. A list of controls in-game would be nice.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Have a fairly good card (can run metro exodus and many other modern games well) and game runs ok, low frames. Uses 90~ % of my card. A list of controls in-game would be nice.
Hello, what are your system specs in detail? CPU - GPU models & RAM amount? by low frames, how low you mean? the fact that the game uses over 90% of the GPU resources it's actually good, since it means that it's not bottle-necked somewhere...

Eventually there will be a fully fledged tutorial in the game that will explain how the controls work, for now follow button prompt and read "how to control" txt for all the details.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Neicais

Oct 6, 2021
hey I am getting a crash every time I make it to Loading Characters on the loading screen.

---------------------------
The UE4-ProjectElimination Game has crashed and will close
LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 198]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0020 - 'INTERNAL_ERROR')
OK

I am able to play other UE4 titles and have no issues with any other games on my system. 7900xtx 7800x3d. 64gx6000 ram.
Has anyone else seen this?
(I feel I should say I have googled and following several pages advice, make sure drivers are updated(also did a clean install), ect..)

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
hey I am getting a crash every time I make it to Loading Characters on the loading screen.

The UE4-ProjectElimination Game has crashed and will close
LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 198]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0020 - 'INTERNAL_ERROR')
OK

I am able to play other UE4 titles and have no issues with any other games on my system. 7900xtx 7800x3d. 64gx6000 ram.
Has anyone else seen this?
(I feel I should say I have googled and following several pages advice, make sure drivers are updated(also did a clean install), ect..)

RDNA2/3 specific issue

more details 5 posts above yours

Runningaway

Apr 7, 2021
Hey Alket I don't know if you've been asked this but...
why are you doing all this here? Don't get me wrong, it's noble to give information here, but don't you think that sometimes it's annoying to repeat yourself and have to deal with "bad" information?

I'm not criticizing you, I'm just curious.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Hey Alket I don't know if you've been asked this but...
why are you doing all this here? Don't get me wrong, it's noble to give information here, but don't you think that sometimes it's annoying to repeat yourself and have to deal with "bad" information?

I'm not criticizing you, I'm just curious.
Why am I doing this? Because I like Matto's work and I want to help him get as much visibility as possible.
Regarding myself constantly having to repeat and correcting bad information: I would be much more bothered if things were left to chance, I prefer having a direct line with those that are not on Discord or are just lurking and waiting for the game here and keep the up to speed with the progress...so no, I'm not much annoyed by it...

HabibHanson

Nov 10, 2019
What's the typical release schedule for updates? Animations in this game are some of the best I've seen in a good while so I'm interested when another update will come around so I can get even more of that good stuff.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
What's the typical release schedule for updates? Animations in this game are some of the best I've seen in a good while so I'm interested when another update will come around so I can get even more of that good stuff.
If you are talking about Patreon updates, twice a month, if you're talking about featured playable releases they are dropped "when are ready"...
Matto does not develop his game with a progressive demo release, he goes big steps, big Phases as he calls them, that may take months to complete...

HabibHanson

Nov 10, 2019
If you are talking about Patreon updates, twice a month, if you're talking about featured playable releases they are dropped "when are ready"...
Matto does not develop his game with a progressive demo release, he goes big steps, big Phases as he calls them, that may take months to complete...
That's all I wanted to know, was just curious if the next release was planned or not. Thanks for the information.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
hmm ok I know I'm being annoying by showing up all the time (sorry about that)
but seeing some old comments from matto he didn't have access to his own thread and seeing that you are the owner of 3 of his games... have you tried to give matto the position of owner?

(if you read it wrong, let me know, as I said, English is not my first language)

View attachment 2662584

(and again don't get this wrong, I'm just curious to know the whole conflict between matto and f95.
Also, I trust you 100%, you are an old member and you know a lot more about what is happening and has happened in the community than anyone else [nothing against anyone])

I hope I'm not annoying you with so many questions and comments
if you read it i want to thank you.
i'm a fucking dumbass sorry... sorry to disturb you
:FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm:

View attachment 2662614
You are grabbing things out of context from posts that are 2 years old...
If you have questions reach out to me on Discord, not here, Discord has little to do with this thread/platform.

Reactions: thugshaker1080p

dusk2340

Oct 7, 2017
the game gives me a very metal gear survive vibe and as 1 of the maybe 4 people that liked what ever little that game did right, i don't think that's a bad thing. i really look forward to this game's progress.

Reactions: Alket

SoloDallaS

Apr 24, 2023
you'll have to work hard to make it even look like a game. I wish you success and perseverance not to give up. There is enough of such abandoned garbage here

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes