Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
maybe would be a good idea to reinstall the latest gpu driver and check directx for updates

Reactions: Ericopa12

Mr.DemonXX

Oct 7, 2019
maybe would be a good idea to reinstall the latest gpu driver and check directx for updates
yeaaah.... Fuck it.

I tried all possible (banal ways) ways to revive the game. Did not help. I have no idea what could be causing the game to crash. The game MUST run on those computer specifications.

But my head is already exploding, I can’t find a solution to the problem.
I don’t even understand what the actual problem is.

Mr.DemonXX

Oct 7, 2019
Alket
In general, forget about this problem, I don’t think that the problem is so common that you would try to help me. Apparently it's time to update the computer parts.

Reactions: JustAl

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022

TL/DR:
  • Updating and refining character design pipeline
View attachment 3010104 View attachment 3010105 View attachment 3010106 View attachment 3010107 View attachment 3010108 View attachment 3010109
  • Different Body Proportion/Deformation IK System
I would've preferred gameplay updates but I sure do like thick women. Her look is pleasing to me. We'll get the option to design a character's appearance, right?

X-ecutor

Oct 22, 2018
Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Speaking of this, is the 6000 series issue still a thing? Has there been any hope on that yet.
Nope, the issue is driver side on AMD, the only way to make the game work is to disable the RVT entirely, which you can do in the setting page of the game itself and play normally...or gift Matto a RDNA2/3 gpu to debug this stuff on his side xD

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I still think that in a realistic survival game heels are stupid and makes the whole realism dumb, but everything else is cool!
Many games have the option to wear heels, and the character's standing height becomes taller or shorter for it. Unreal engine can handle this trick particularly better than Unity for sure.

X-ecutor

Oct 22, 2018
Many games have the option to wear heels, and the character's standing height becomes taller or shorter for it. Unreal engine can handle this trick particularly better than Unity for sure.
I am not talking about technicalities... :D Sure the engine can handle it, you can create a "hitbox" for it which is flat, I am talking about common logic...going out intentionally to fight zombies in a postapocaliptic world and running from zombies on a rocky mudy terrain in heels is just stupid. :D If the game is created like those games which has a humor factor, sure it blends with the concept, but this game is so far a Tarkov-like super realistic game with survival elements, realistic graphic, and wearing heels in that environment is like wearing heels on olympics gymnastics...just stupid. :D It breaks the whole realism concept. However the dev can "easily" handle this with customizable cloths. That way if someone want to run from zombies with a character dressed like a maiden, he can. :)

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
That's true X-ecutor. I like the option to have both. There's an extent to which it should be up to the player for how serious they want their character to look. I don't know the specifics of what character designs are going into the game. A character maker is more effort but maybe worthwhile. At least clothing options and a boob scale slider.

Mar 27, 2022
As far as I remember it is an agent of the corporation, and for them it is quite normal to walk in shoes with heels, yes maybe it is not practical, but in the idea of this character it fits in.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Also, remember, the outfits can be changed, with the IK being integrated with the character "shapes", if all goes correctly, we'll have different footwear without needing a new setting of animations each time, this will streamline the customization of outfits a lot...also, it's a videogame and the dev likes heels xD

Jul 9, 2020

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
I still think that in a realistic survival game heels are stupid and makes the whole realism dumb, but everything else is cool!
That's true X-ecutor. I like the option to have both. There's an extent to which it should be up to the player for how serious they want their character to look. I don't know the specifics of what character designs are going into the game. A character maker is more effort but maybe worthwhile. At least clothing options and a boob scale slider.
As far as I remember it is an agent of the corporation, and for them it is quite normal to walk in shoes with heels, yes maybe it is not practical, but in the idea of this character it fits in.
This is not a sortie outfit. Check earlier videos/screens. There are pretty much normal military-like boots.
For example:
1697552909994.png

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes