Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Also, remember, the outfits can be changed, with the IK being integrated with the character "shapes", if all goes correctly, we'll have different footwear without needing a new setting of animations each time, this will streamline the customization of outfits a lot...also, it's a videogame and the dev likes heels xD
Does that mean there'll be a selection of body types?

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
From the stitch marks of the suit, I'm going to guess that there will be a scene(s) where the crotch part of her suit is being torn off.
If that wasn't obvious enough yes, the outfit is built to be broken

Does that mean there'll be a selection of body types?
If the IK prototype will work as expected, yes, since all animations could be adapted to the different body types without manual intervention, this will, theoretically, also remove any clipping.

Jul 28, 2017
Nope, the issue is driver side on AMD, the only way to make the game work is to disable the RVT entirely, which you can do in the setting page of the game itself and play normally...or gift Matto a RDNA2/3 gpu to debug this stuff on his side xD
So I tried the phase 2 build with the rvt setting turnrd off in the settings and the performance was a lot better than the prior workaround requiring a dll file or something, it also doesn't fully freezey system when a monster cums so that's great as well.

Besides grass (I'm assuming from the options button) what else do I lose out on not having rvt?

As an aside idk if this is a general bug with the phase 2 build but the dudes just hog the MC instead of cycling through like they're supposed to?

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
So I tried the phase 2 build with the rvt setting turnrd off in the settings and the performance was a lot better than the prior workaround requiring a dll file or something, it also doesn't fully freezey system when a monster cums so that's great as well.

Besides grass (I'm assuming from the options button) what else do I lose out on not having rvt?

As an aside idk if this is a general bug with the phase 2 build but the dudes just hog the MC instead of cycling through like they're supposed to?
RVT's function is to hide some environmental elements, like grass or even whole patches of ground, when near other objects to avoid the trademark Bethesda clipping while also saving some performance when rendering stuff close to you...

...can you please be more specific when you mention "hogging the MC"? if you mean that the enemy attack all at once without them "taking turns" like in most games then yes, it's intended, they will leverage their numbers fully.

Jul 28, 2017
RVT's function is to hide some environmental elements, like grass or even whole patches of ground, when near other objects to avoid the trademark Bethesda clipping while also saving some performance when rendering stuff close to you...

...can you please be more specific when you mention "hogging the MC"? if you mean that the enemy attack all at once without them "taking turns" like in most games then yes, it's intended, they will leverage their numbers fully.
During the sex scenes once the guy finishes, I think he's supposed to wander off and let another get a turn? I think I saw that in a tweet way back. In my game in some animations (from back with hands on a table for example) the guy starts thrusting again but she stays still so hes clipping into her, in the missionary one theres this weird sudden 2nd ejaculation after a long pause but the animation restarts normally. Some loop fine like the blowjob scene.

I'm sorry if this was never a thing and my mind just made it up, I'm not really sure now.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
so another possible good game ruined by time?
Good games often take time. Dark Souls wouldn't exist without King's Field that came before it years earlier. Sometimes a project falls short before a greater one appears. For players and developers a game project is a gamble of time, but a panacea is easier for players to find than devs; players find another game, developers try another implementation.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
During the sex scenes once the guy finishes, I think he's supposed to wander off and let another get a turn? I think I saw that in a tweet way back. In my game in some animations (from back with hands on a table for example) the guy starts thrusting again but she stays still so hes clipping into her, in the missionary one theres this weird sudden 2nd ejaculation after a long pause but the animation restarts normally. Some loop fine like the blowjob scene.

I'm sorry if this was never a thing and my mind just made it up, I'm not really sure now.
Ok, it's clear now, thanks for the report, but all that stuff was just a placeholder to showcase the functionality, will be reworked with better animations.

Grvnha654

Nov 8, 2020
Very impressed, even with the small amount of content in curretly it is clear that this game has significantly more potential than most projects of it's kind, the devs previous experiences of developing games are being put to good use. For once there is sound logic behind the decision to move on from old projects, will be watching this games development with great interest.

Feb 19, 2018

Yes, i can attest to this, it happens mostly when she's pushed against the wall, but the enemies stopped taking turns and the scenes are somewhat bugged at least for me and you. So maybe it is a bug, or something to do with our systems

Reactions: NitroSM and JustAl

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Yes, i can attest to this, it happens mostly when she's pushed against the wall, but the enemies stopped taking turns and the scenes are somewhat bugged at least for me and you. So maybe it is a bug, or something to do with our systems
I feel like I noticed this too. It's been a while, but "Game Over" scene jank was something I remember.

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes