Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I don't know why, but, for me, she kinda give out a "bitch aura" which may cause me to not feel regret or pity when she is being railed.
That's subjective, but traits that fit the stereotype are there; unsmiling and pursed lips, thin eyes, angular jawline. Along with this she has straight hair and the stereotype is most often applied to white women with blonde or colorful hair.

Still, that's face discrimination on one degree. She's a mercenary so translate the typical usually-male persona to feminine face traits and the face expression applies there too, minus the gritty face detail of male mercenary stereotypes.

It's all fine, sometimes stories where nobody is a hero or good person are entertaining. Think Spaghetti Westerns.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

TophatLovingDruid

Jun 11, 2017
Still love this game. I like how it's being made as a game first. That being said I am looking forward to an update that improves the sex scenes I would love to see some additions; more seamen effects, and having the monsters swap in between cycles when there is more then one present (rather than the same one just going again).

When can we expect the next update?

Ufoshnik

Sep 23, 2019
Still love this game. I like how it's being made as a game first. That being said I am looking forward to an update that improves the sex scenes I would love to see some additions; more seamen effects, and having the monsters swap in between cycles when there is more then one present (rather than the same one just going again).

When can we expect the next update?
I think when Matto is sure that he has finished the base of the game, and there are also plans for transport in the form of ground and air vehicles and much more.

c2329408

Sep 23, 2019
No and it's not even a demo or a proof of concept yet, it's a showcase of systems and mechanics on which the game is being built on.
In the readme tho I found:
"How to Save
You can only save at Save zone.
The Save option is at 'System' and at 'Gameplay'"

But I don't see any save options in the menu when I am in safe zone... no clue where the "save zone" is... Is this save mechanism implemented yet?

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
In the readme tho I found:
"How to Save
You can only save at Save zone.
The Save option is at 'System' and at 'Gameplay'"

But I don't see any save options in the menu when I am in safe zone... no clue where the "save zone" is... Is thst save mechanism implemented yet?
Because, right now, there is not: the save feature was switched on in a previous build for testing purposes, switched off again to avoid conflicts while the rest of the stuff is being built, nobody bothered to update the readme 'cause no one ever reads it...
Also, there is nothing to save, as I mentioned before, there is no progression yet.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

c2329408

Sep 23, 2019
Because, right now, there is not: the save feature was switched on in a previous build for testing purposes, switched off again to avoid conflicts while the rest of the stuff is being built, nobody bothered to update the readme 'cause no one ever reads it...
Also, there is nothing to save, as I mentioned before, there is no progression yet.
Understood. This PoC is very impresive already. I can't wait when you will be able to release playable version on STEAM for example. Do you guys work on this on regular basis? Or is this a hobby project "after work"?

I was wondering if you need a hand with some small pieces of the project. I work with Blender I could help you with some assets. I am also a programmer, sadly not C++, I guess you guys use this language in UE.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Understood. This PoC is very impresive already. I can't wait when you will be able to release playable version on STEAM for example. Do you guys work on this on regular basis? Or is this a hobby project "after work"?

I was wondering if you need a hand with some small pieces of the project. I work with Blender I could help you with some assets. I am also a programmer, sadly not C++, I guess you guys use this language in UE.
Thank you! there will be a Steam release, yes, and the project is made by a single person, Matto, who is working on it as much as he can, but, as you can imagine, building something of this quality alone is taking and will require a good amount of time; AFAIK he's working on this and surviving off his Patreon, but since he's not making that much he can't afford to hire help, if you want to drop by on Discord and ask him if he wants some help you are free to try, but don't get your hopes up...

Dr_Kek

Oct 15, 2020
hey, is it intended or do i need to change something in the settings to avoid the game being ultra blurry, including enemies when they are away, even if they arent too far, its kinda blurred

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
hey, is it intended or do i need to change something in the settings to avoid the game being ultra blurry, including enemies when they are away, even if they arent too far, its kinda blurred
The issue with "blurry" graphics is an odd one, because we cannot really understand where it's coming from, I personally have never been able to reproduce it, try adjusting FOV, Antialiasing and FSR settings to see if something specific is causing that to you. note that the game will always be blurry if the "screen percentage" slider is below 100 (that's manual res. scaling, btw).

What is your screen resolution? GPU? What are the video, graphics and FidelityFX (FSR) settings you currently have?

EDIT: drop by on Discord if you want to discuss this in more details

Last edited:

Dr_Kek

Oct 15, 2020
The issue with "blurry" graphics is an odd one, because we cannot really understand where it's coming from, I personally have never been able to reproduce it, try adjusting FOV, Antialiasing and FSR settings to see if something specific is causing that to you. note that the game will always be blurry if the "screen percentage" slider is below 100 (that's manual res. scaling, btw).

What is your screen resolution? GPU? What are the video, graphics and FidelityFX (FSR) settings you currently have?

EDIT: drop by on Discord if you want to discuss this in more details
yeah i will tweak all these, i often have this problem with unreal engine games, where its rendered at 50% then upscaled, in this case its more extreme, so i will try to change it all and see, thanks

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
yeah i will tweak all these, i often have this problem with unreal engine games, where its rendered at 50% then upscaled, in this case its more extreme, so i will try to change it all and see, thanks
remember that, if you have FSR active, you MUST activate Temporal AA, it's a requirement for FSR (and I believe also for other upscalers) otherwise the image will result broken.

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes