Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Ufoshnik

Sep 23, 2019
From what i understand matto wants to launch the next build on steam (i guess as an early access game?) so he wants to have as much of the game as ready as he can before that, so my guess is that we wont see an update for a while
At the same time, he himself said that the game will be without 18+ content and it will have to be installed separately either as a mod or an add-on

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Alket, is the one on the right a special variant? I recall the underground caves are supposed to have dangerous monsters in them. I hope the loot is interesting down there in later builds. Maybe even a new weapon / tool option or 2.
Yes
emmm,if that's real,it'll take another year or two for this one-guy-made game become actually playable
Realistically, that's the time it takes for games to be developed and would be a totally understandable development cycle...
At the same time, he himself said that the game will be without 18+ content and it will have to be installed separately either as a mod or an add-on
That's to avoid issues with both Patreon and distribution platforms, not Steam per se, that doesn't give a fuck anymore, but with Epic and certain regional bans.

MAtto's also in talks with an animator that he trusts to tackle the whole adult stuff, Matto will provide the assets, the animator will do animations and the system integration with the current framework, leveraging Matto's tools to keep the quality and style consistent. Hopefully lifting some wait from the single dev shoulder.

Last edited:

BreedingTool

Nov 14, 2017
I personally love this dev/dev team. The animations are so fine and smooth. The gameplay in all their games even the one that's been abandoned is still really fun and engaging. Usually i don't find a game/games in the adult community where i enjoy it so much, i end up subscribing to their patreon but this title and this dev? yeah. they can take my money. high hopes for this game and it's already shown such promise. Now if only i could get a character customization option it'd be 1000/100 lmao

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I personally love this dev/dev team. The animations are so fine and smooth. The gameplay in all their games even the one that's been abandoned is still really fun and engaging. Usually i don't find a game/games in the adult community where i enjoy it so much, i end up subscribing to their patreon but this title and this dev? yeah. they can take my money. high hopes for this game and it's already shown such promise. Now if only i could get a character customization option it'd be 1000/100 lmao
Character creation is planned...
in the meantime:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apahguinsimo

Feb 6, 2018
Every time this game pops up on my watched, I feel like it has huge potential but is going to be crippled by feature/scope creep like all the dev's previous games and never release. It's odd that for an H game, I only see new content showing vehicles and inventory or whatever and nothing to do with H content.

It looks less like an H game now and more like the dev is downplaying those features, perhaps so the game can be used as a CV item for a future in the industry. I have no problem with that, however it's hard to maintain interest in this game when it seems to move further away from the original premise with each update but no closer to a release.

Personal preference, but I also find H content involving lifeless zombie husks to be less interesting than content involving actual living likes like aliens or people. Those models look good but are too body horror, The Thing for me to see them as "partners" for the player character.

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
Every time this game pops up on my watched, I feel like it has huge potential but is going to be crippled by feature/scope creep like all the dev's previous games and never release. It's odd that for an H game, I only see new content showing vehicles and inventory or whatever and nothing to do with H content.

It looks less like an H game now and more like the dev is downplaying those features, perhaps so the game can be used as a CV item for a future in the industry. I have no problem with that, however it's hard to maintain interest in this game when it seems to move further away from the original premise with each update but no closer to a release.

Personal preference, but I also find H content involving lifeless zombie husks to be less interesting than content involving actual living likes like aliens or people. Those models look good but are too body horror, The Thing for me to see them as "partners" for the player character.
After the PoC build, the dev was always transparent about making non-H features first and than adding them in later.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017

This concern comes up often and it's something that's exclusive to this community/site, I understand where it comes from, in here 90% of the games are, as you said,H games, games where the main, and sometimes, only focus is adult content.

This game is not like that, it's:
1703321932359.png
This is not primarily a H game, it's a game were there are mechanics related to sexual content, these will be added when the time is right...it was never intended to be an H game, it's a game with heavy adult elements, that's different.

Also, complete lineup up until now of the "walkers" type of enemies, the mutated humanoids:

Matto plans to design between 2 to 4 more "enemy types" one of these will be the "Parasite" type, basically stuff with tentacles...

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
This concern comes up often and it's something that's exclusive to this community/site, I understand where it comes from, in here 90% of the games are, as you said,H games, games where the main, and sometimes, only focus is adult content.

This game is not like that, it's:
View attachment 3197465
This is not primarily a H game, it's a game were there are mechanics related to sexual content, these will be added when the time is right...it was never intended to be an H game, it's a game with heavy adult elements, that's different.

Also, complete lineup up until now of the "walkers" type of enemies, the mutated humanoids:

Matto plans to design between 2 to 4 more "enemy types" one of these will be the "Parasite" type, basically stuff with tentacles...
It looks like sequence of stages of a mutant dude going through mitosis. He literally splitting in two. XD

Reactions: JustAl

abbolicious

Dec 20, 2021
I hope there will be a way to disable the content you aren't comfortable with. I like the game but I absolutely despise anything having to do with bestiality or tentacles.

I hope there will be an option to be just killed by these enemies instead of sitting through a vomit inducing scene that just isn't for you or have the scene just switch to an enemy with their H content enabled. I think most people aren't into every form of degeneracy out there and would rather skip games where you can't reliably avoid tags that genuinely disgust you.

Even if the H Content isn't the focus it still is a huge selling point. There are a lot of great games out there without any H Content what so ever. The fact that there is H content here will attract many people. If this H content is going to alienate a significant part of that audience than it's going to hurt the game 100%.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I hope there will be a way to disable the content you aren't comfortable with. I like the game but I absolutely despise anything having to do with bestiality or tentacles.

I hope there will be an option to be just killed by these enemies instead of sitting through a vomit inducing scene that just isn't for you or have the scene just switch to an enemy with their H content enabled. I think most people aren't into every form of degeneracy out there and would rather skip games where you can't reliably avoid tags that genuinely disgust you.

Even if the H Content isn't the focus it still is a huge selling point. There are a lot of great games out there without any H Content what so ever. The fact that there is H content here will attract many people. If this H content is going to alienate a significant part of that audience than it's going to hurt the game 100%.
Consider that tentacles and monsters have been the most requested adult features...since the H content will be packaged separately, if it will be feasible, multiple packages with different incremental h features could be done, but I can't say for now...

abbolicious

Dec 20, 2021
Consider that tentacles and monsters have been the most requested adult features...since the H content will be packaged separately, if it will be feasible, multiple packages with different incremental h features could be done, but I can't say for now...
That would certainly be a satisfying solution.

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
Basic H-Content and Extreme H-Content (fetishy stuff kinda)?

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
I can't recover my equipment, I lose to the zombies and select continues then afterward there is a small quest to recover your lost equipment, so I move to the marker and the marker seem to be down under the current ground there is no recover equipment option.

Anyone encounter this ?

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I can't recover my equipment, I lose to the zombies and select continues then afterward there is a small quest to recover your lost equipment, so I move to the marker and the marker seem to be down under the current ground there is no recover equipment option.

Anyone encounter this ?
Yes it happened in older builds, it was apparently fixed, are you using the latest? If yes thanks for the report, I'll add it back into the list of things to check...
Where did u get defeated? Above ground? in a cave? In a warehouse? On the road?

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
Yes it happened in older builds, it was apparently fixed, are you using the latest? If yes thanks for the report, I'll add it back into the list of things to check...
Where did u get defeated? Above ground? in a cave? In a warehouse? On the road?
Yeah I redownload the game from pixel drain ,then reinstall, I died around outside , on the uneven earth , not on the paved well made road or near the structures, then afterward got defeated and it was pitch black night I can't see well, but I do manage to get to where it shows where my gear is but it appear to be down burried somewhere below the ground there is no option to use the E button to grab it nor can I see anything resembles any objects around the area where it pointed out where my old gear was I remember I was standing right on it but it stated that I am 2 meters from the target where all around there was no object near me.

Also how do you save the game ? I am in a safe place and there is no option to save the game in the system menu.

Reactions: frontier96

jdaniels

Oct 8, 2018
The current H content could use a bit of looking at. Even when surrounded when downed, it isn't entirely consistent when you are or aren't taken to multiple animations. Which is.. odd. Because you can exit the sequence entirely, there's no reason why the player shouldn't be able to keep cycling through the animations endlessly.

Reactions: CanaHabePussyPls?
4.40 star(s) 21 Votes