Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

sammo905

Jun 28, 2018
a parasite enemy type is always fun and interesting in a h game I wonder how mattos gonna handle it

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023

(AKA: Matto invested in a mocap suit and is having the time of his life with it...)
This baton animations looks like she swinging a Zweihänder for some weird reason... like both control and weight-wise. I mean, if Matto wants to add souls-like stuff (from how it looks like) - I don't mind, but it might require a few more melee types of weapons.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
This baton animations looks like she swinging a Zweihänder for some weird reason... like both control and weight-wise. I mean, if Matto wants to add souls-like stuff (from how it looks like) - I don't mind, but it might require a few more melee types of weapons.
LOL, the animations are indeed "longsword" like, that was the first comment when he showed those a couple of weeks ago...
the current moveset is more tailored toward heavier weapons, he just don't have the models ready yet, so he's using the baton xD

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
LOL, the animations are indeed "longsword" like, that was the first comment when he showed those a couple of weeks ago...
the current moveset is more tailored toward heavier weapons, he just don't have the models ready yet, so he's using the baton xD
Also since he added environmental collisions for weapons, it would probably be wise to add some spear-like weapons, or you'll be just keep bonking cave/building walls which gonna lead to your butt being bonked-up next... in all senses. Like, seriously, stabbing stuff in tight spaces sounds more logical than swinging some sticks around.

Cashhh

Mar 15, 2019
Before he goes in too deep, he needs to get a build out quick for testing this new animation mocap system. Looks good I guess, but I need to play to get a feel for it. Something that kept me excited about this project is how the mechanics felt in my hands.

Oct 9, 2017
The current H content could use a bit of looking at. Even when surrounded when downed, it isn't entirely consistent when you are or aren't taken to multiple animations. Which is.. odd. Because you can exit the sequence entirely, there's no reason why the player shouldn't be able to keep cycling through the animations endlessly.
Or just make a Gallery mode, as was done in Project Elimination

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes