Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
idk what alket is tbh but my laptop is a HP Pavillion x360, intel i5 processor with intel iris x graphics. Its windows 11. It has 16 gb ram
The error it showed was this-
LowLevelFatalError[File:Unknown] [Line:198]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost
[Error: 0x887A0020 - 'INTERNAL_ERROR']
you are using integrated Intel graphics then? no dedicated GPU, correct?

gg i

Jun 22, 2020
The issue is related to the AMD video card. there is currently a compatibility issue that's been investigated, we are close to solving it, it needs some more internal testing.
ive got the exact same issue

Reactions: Alket

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
I was supposed to hit the thinking emoji haha, but given my track record with the facepalm it's not surprising lol (favourite reaction on the site). Apologies.
Yeah, the ATV not spawning has happened to someone else IIRC, but like Alket said just delete the old config and hopefully that'll fix things.
Fair enough mate :KEK:

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
gg i, ketum (and any other AMD owners who read this)

try this one:

note: THIS IS NOT A PLAYABLE VERSION, IT'S JUST A LOADING CHECK TO SEE IF YOU REACH THE MAP, please report where and if you crash, thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenient :D

Jul 10, 2017
gg i, ketum (and any other AMD owners who read this)

try this one: AMD Test HOTFIX Candidate 1

note: THIS IS NOT A PLAYABLE VERSION, IT'S JUST A LOADING CHECK TO SEE IF YOU REACH THE MAP, please report where and if you crash, thank you very much and sorry for th:KEK::KEK:e inconvenient :D
Screenshot 2023-05-04 233247.png

I used the AMD Test HOTFIX Candidate 1 you provided and this pops-up, I dunno what you mean by "Reach the Map" but I see a map on the background, so I think I reached it? :HideThePain: :KEK:

R5 5600X
RX 6700XT

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
View attachment 2595546

I used the AMD Test HOTFIX Candidate 1 you provided and this pops-up, I dunno what you mean by "Reach the Map" but I see a map on the background, so I think I reached it? :HideThePain: :KEK:

R5 5600X
RX 6700XT
You loaded the character in the placeholder "character selection", that character was different from the one on the build in the OP, the issue is not related to the character (because you loaded it), so it's narrowed down to the map: you see you crashed on "loading weather" in the bottom right? that's part of the map loading, we are getting there...

For example, you can see here that it crashes at character, so that's fixed...

Last edited:

Shock&Awe

Jun 23, 2018
Suggestion; Might be mvp-move to think about mod support, so that people can commission or add content themselves that you can't/don't want to add. So that people like Terradrake can have "cumflation" in their playthrough if they manage to add it to the game.
Mod support is obviously more extra work, but could pay out extensively if done right. I get it though, thinking about this is far too early. I wanted to mention this though nonetheless, food for thought.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Suggestion; Might be mvp-move to think about mod support, so that people can commission or add content themselves that you can't/don't want to add. So that people like Terradrake can have "cumflation" in their playthrough if they manage to add it to the game.
Mod support is obviously more extra work, but could pay out extensively if done right. I get it though, thinking about this is far too early. I wanted to mention this though nonetheless, food for thought.
Matto is not against mods (quite the contrary) and the game itself is being developed to handle DLCs, mods will be able to be applied in the same way (dropping packages files). I don't know about modding tools tho...

Shock&Awe

Jun 23, 2018
Matto is not against mods (quite the contrary) and the game itself is being developed to handle DLCs, mods will be able to be applied in the same way (dropping packages files). I don't know about modding tools tho...
I was just thinking about it as well, the tool and documentation creation would and will be most likely a nightmare. It's great that it is in your view though. Good luck fam, please keep us posted. (y)

gg i

Jun 22, 2020
You loaded the character in the placeholder "character selection", that character was different from the one on the build in the OP, the issue is not related to the character (because you loaded it), so it's narrowed down to the map: you see you crashed on "loading weather" in the bottom right? that's part of the map loading, we are getting there...
for me it was a literal black screen
imma hope it fixes my issue as well

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
for me it was a literal black screen
imma hope it fixes my issue as well
can you provide a screenshot? you should land on this screen:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

also, be advised, in your specific case, you are below the current recommended GPU specs with that integrated...so there is no guarantee...

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes