doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
On the contrary, one hit of cocaine can get you hooked. So can heroin. I agree with what Ouch was saying about the circumstances but the fact remains drugs like those that you mentioned can be seriously deleterious. Marijuana and alcohol usually takes longer but to closeout this convo before this turns into a long, drawn out debate, I agree that, "Yes, it's Just a damn game."

• Angry
Reactions: looseylucy

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
On the contrary, one hit of cocaine can get you hooked. So can heroin. I agree with what Ouch was saying about the circumstances but the fact remains drugs like those that you mentioned can be seriously deleterious. Marijuana and alcohol usually takes longer but to closeout this convo before this turns into a long, drawn out debate, I agree that, "Yes, it's Just a damn game."
It is a complex subject, in which even people supposed to know professionally tend to, often wilfully, ignore part of the available knowledge, because is not linked to their background (e.g. sociology vs neurobiology), for ideological reasons, for personal interest (give me my research money, ego, afraid of having to realise they were wrong and that may have impacted others, etc.), etc.
That is also not helped by the fact there is still lots being learnt about e.g. our brain, the fact as humans we are not really a linear machine but a complex system, the fact that at the start addictions was seen and studied as a social phenomenon and for many years people when saying "addiction" pictured it as a problem of "weakness of spirit" and with no physiological aspect (abundantly proven wrong scientifically, but still hold as opinion by many), and that there are interest at stake that may be in favour of not talking too much about some aspects of it and even shun the results of the research.

Hint, metamphetamines are regularly given, used and suggested for use to military staff (pilots, example) of a certain country I will not mention here to avoid the risk of getting in politics (which is forbidden on F95), and certain States in a certain country ;-) are making lots of money from some recreational selling :), even if it was present in some fora as a decision not based on economic interest.

Just an example of complications, referring to one of the substances you mention, is that aside any other factors, the potency of one of the substances you mentioned is directly linked empirically (but also if one thinks well, it also makes sense from the point of view of the brain) with the speed of getting symptoms of addiction like craving. Potency which tendentially goes with "purity", and that open another can of worms, because if it is "cut" with the "wrong" thing, one dose can kill you directly.

At the same time, it is true that some substance that can give addiction, can even be useful and helpful in certain medical situations, or even have positive impact (e.g. munching coca leaves in the Andes is not the same as in London, marijuana can help in pain palliative therapy for cancer, in moderate quantities wine has been associated with positive health effects), though even there, there can be then individual factors (e.g. "resistance" to alcohol is associated with metabolism and genetic factors, and I would not suggest to give any alcohol to people who are allergic to it like a couple of people I met in the past :)).

But to close this long post :), I have a suggestion for Zorlun, if he wants to make a possible ending with addiction, but without, or anyway with less problems than others, and almost, or no, impact on the look...
Gambling. It can give addiction, and there is not even need for Myriam, who is rich, to go bankrupt, she may just decide she wants to hide the problem and pay her debts "in nature" ;-), and/or through some "films" and other episodes similar to some that already happened (there could be a number of ideas without even introducing new characters, imagine if one of those collecting the payment was the mobster).
She does not even need to become 100% addict forever, is sufficient she gets a few big losses she has to deal with, and that may actually give her a shock to get out of it, so can even allow for a kind of "happy ending" (sort of).
Gambling addiction can influence a bit the behaviour, and when people start dedicating too many resources to it and obsess about it, at least indirectly the aspect, but a lot of people develop a form of addiction to gambling well before they reach such a level of obsession that it is physically visible.

Or if he wants to add a maybe more evil twist, can be one of the other characters that gets the debts, and then tries to "use" her to clear the debt, there is at least one character I could see very well doing that (hint to know who I am thinking about, he is not blood related).

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
Yeah, but that still wouldn't cause her appearance to change, to the extent that Zorlun would have to alter the renders. It takes time for drug abuse to cause those kinds of effects on a person. You can become addicted very quickly as you suggest, but the physical ravages of drug abuse are not normally as rapid. It would almost certainly be beyond the active component of this game.

Reactions: sava75 and doccop63

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah, but that still wouldn't cause her appearance to change, to the extent that Zorlun would have to alter the renders. It takes time for drug abuse to cause those kinds of effects on a person. You can become addicted very quickly as you suggest, but the physical ravages of drug abuse are not normally as rapid. It would almost certainly be after this game has ended.
Agree with this. Also, if that's a path Zormun wants to take (I'm all for it myself), can still get her completely hooked and out of her mind without changing her appearance. it really isn't that big of a deal ultimately.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
It is a complex subject, in which even people supposed to know professionally tend to, often wilfully, ignore part of the available knowledge, because is not linked to their background (e.g. sociology vs neurobiology), for ideological reasons, for personal interest (give me my research money, ego, afraid of having to realise they were wrong and that may have impacted others, etc.), etc.
That is also not helped by the fact there is still lots being learnt about e.g. our brain, the fact as humans we are not really a linear machine but a complex system, the fact that at the start addictions was seen and studied as a social phenomenon and for many years people when saying "addiction" pictured it as a problem of "weakness of spirit" and with no physiological aspect (abundantly proven wrong scientifically, but still hold as opinion by many), and that there are interest at stake that may be in favour of not talking too much about some aspects of it and even shun the results of the research.

Hint, metamphetamines are regularly given, used and suggested for use to military staff (pilots, example) of a certain country I will not mention here to avoid the risk of getting in politics (which is forbidden on F95), and certain States in a certain country ;-) are making lots of money from some recreational selling :), even if it was present in some fora as a decision not based on economic interest.

Just an example of complications, referring to one of the substances you mention, is that aside any other factors, the potency of one of the substances you mentioned is directly linked empirically (but also if one thinks well, it also makes sense from the point of view of the brain) with the speed of getting symptoms of addiction like craving. Potency which tendentially goes with "purity", and that open another can of worms, because if it is "cut" with the "wrong" thing, one dose can kill you directly.

At the same time, it is true that some substance that can give addiction, can even be useful and helpful in certain medical situations, or even have positive impact (e.g. munching coca leaves in the Andes is not the same as in London, marijuana can help in pain palliative therapy for cancer, in moderate quantities wine has been associated with positive health effects), though even there, there can be then individual factors (e.g. "resistance" to alcohol is associated with metabolism and genetic factors, and I would not suggest to give any alcohol to people who are allergic to it like a couple of people I met in the past :)).

But to close this long post :), I have a suggestion for Zorlun, if he wants to make a possible ending with addiction, but without, or anyway with less problems than others, and almost, or no, impact on the look...
Gambling. It can give addiction, and there is not even need for Myriam, who is rich, to go bankrupt, she may just decide she wants to hide the problem and pay her debts "in nature" ;-), and/or through some "films" and other episodes similar to some that already happened (there could be a number of ideas without even introducing new characters, imagine if one of those collecting the payment was the mobster).
She does not even need to become 100% addict forever, is sufficient she gets a few big losses she has to deal with, and that may actually give her a shock to get out of it, so can even allow for a kind of "happy ending" (sort of).
Gambling addiction can influence a bit the behaviour, and when people start dedicating too many resources to it and obsess about it, at least indirectly the aspect, but a lot of people develop a form of addiction to gambling well before they reach such a level of obsession that it is physically visible.

Or if he wants to add a maybe more evil twist, can be one of the other characters that gets the debts, and then tries to "use" her to clear the debt, there is at least one character I could see very well doing that (hint to know who I am thinking about, he is not blood related).
He doesn't even need to do that. He could have her get addicted to any drug, without needing to change the renders during the much shorter timeframe of this game. He could show all that right at the end of the game, when a jump in time could take place if necessary. But whether he wants to give Myriam such an ending, I don't know? That would be a really bad ending for sure.

Slyfox671

Aug 3, 2019
Ugh this game can be so annoying. Almost good - like it really is almost good, and then it pulls the rug out from what you want to give you the middle finger because you didn't have enough drinks - or blah blah. Errrrg.

Sigh - frustrated, sorry.

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
Ugh this game can be so annoying. Almost good - like it really is almost good, and then it pulls the rug out from what you want to give you the middle finger because you didn't have enough drinks - or blah blah. Errrrg.

Sigh - frustrated, sorry.
I understand the feeling, lots of things to do, though there isn't much things too hard to get, but if you have some troubles, I invite you to have a look at the walkthrough pdf from hermesh or mod from JokerLeader, maybe it'll help you navigate more easily.

Lara Snow

Feb 10, 2020
Omg I didn't get a trigger for Nubia but I played along with her every time I encountered her. Maybe I can get it later?

Ranxerox

Nov 11, 2021
Omg I didn't get a trigger for Nubia but I played along with her every time I encountered her. Maybe I can get it later?
You could watch it in the Gallery, that's if you have the MOD.
If you don't have it, you can download Bibifoc's Gallery MOD from here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/project-myriam-life-and-explorations-ch-4-08p-zorlun.66806/post-6514366#:~:text=installation instructions below)-,Gallery,-(Game version:
It's just one small file.
(check at the end of the post and follow instructions)

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
I don't believe that you can get it later. As I understand it, the characters from the dating pool who did not get chosen for the date will be excluded in future. That is, if I understood Zorlun correctly.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
You have to choose her first, when Myriam answers well wishers after returning from hospital. If you don't do that, then it doesn't matter how many times you previously interacted with her, you won't go on a date with her. And probably won't have any further content with her. So if you didn't make that choice, I suggest you go back and do it.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Devoted Member
Jun 11, 2020
Here is the menu where you pick Nubia or any of the others you want to date IMG_2563.png
You will get these choices after Myriam comes home from the hospital and is staying at Eves place

4.40 star(s) 197 Votes