4.40 star(s) 54 Votes

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Just finished latest update, it's great keep it up.

Kim is adorable. I just want the MC to know that when he went from "must destroy" slowly to "must tease", I understand. :coffee:
MC is very smart in some areas, but not very smart in other ones : p As far as he knows, this is all part of the plan to beat Kim Possible

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
You could perhaps leave a hint when someone holds the mouse over the task which shows which questlines have to be progressed for the specific character story to progress? So for example if you hold your mouse over Shego Main 5.6 it shows that you have to complete Tara main quest 4.10 or whatever before it can be accessed. I'm just not sure how much work that would be for you.
That's not actually a bad idea, though it would more be like... "Progress X girl, progress Y girl", as I really don't wanna add a direct step by step to anything, however... Then comes the question of whether people would try to hover them. I know from experience that even if I slap an on actual notice that requires an "okay" to be pushed, lots of people just ignore it.

As for how much work... A lot ^^' Mostly its a maintenance thing, cause I'd have to do it over and over for every patch with new quests. Generally I try hard to avoid stuff that requires updating every patch, along with the rest of the game. Even if it seems small, it just becomes a headache. That's also why newer images can't be played around with in the gallery - cause it took me an entire day to fix it all to work

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
That's RenPy, it is not friendly with point tips. While it leads to some compatibility issues.
Beside, why making it harder when just adding vague hint in the mission description is enough?
It also become much easier to find the next step now comparing to how it was before with quest that require specific day of the week to trigger.
Frankly, what I really need is someone that can point out the steps that are TOO vague. I've certainly changed some that I found myself which just didn't specify anything - which really only makes sense in case the event triggers almost unavoidably. But with the hundred or so lines of quest hints there are, its just hard to comprehend whats too vague and what decent, simply from looking at the text itself. It would have to be a "playing through the game and take it one by one" kinda thing, but I don't have the patience to play through 100% of this game ^^'

I kinda just compromised by making the steps more inevitable. I think it was this patch that I introduced certain steps that just happened on passing time - something that's 100% unavoidable.

jireir

May 26, 2018
I understand how that would be a problem. It would be a waste to have you spend your time on writing all of that out every update instead of actually working on the game itself. I would say that the main issue wasn't not knowing what to do. The real issue was not knowing that I have to progress the story with another character to the required point to be able to achieve an event with the character I was focusing on at that moment.

So for example if I didn't read the walkthrough I would be completely unaware that I had to progress to Kim to Main Quest 4 and then replay the public shower one more time to progress Bonnie. Those are the real issue. I was stuck really badly in the CAAB quest and only reading the walkthrough allowed me to realize what I had to do. I had a couple more such problems during Shego and Tara stories as those were connected as well because they both live in the same place. However I figured it out eventually so it wasn't so bad.

Reactions: harem.king

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
I understand how that would be a problem. It would be a waste to have you spend your time on writing all of that out every update instead of actually working on the game itself. I would say that the main issue wasn't not knowing what to do. The real issue was not knowing that I have to progress the story with another character to the required point to be able to achieve an event with the character I was focusing on at that moment.

So for example if I didn't read the walkthrough I would be completely unaware that I had to progress to Kim to Main Quest 4 and then replay the public shower one more time to progress Bonnie. Those are the real issue. I was stuck really badly in the CAAB quest and only reading the walkthrough allowed me to realize what I had to do. I had a couple more such problems during Shego and Tara stories as those were connected as well because they both live in the same place. However I figured it out eventually so it wasn't so bad.
Hmm, I see. I'll give those a look, thanks.

It's true I need some way to communicate if other girls are required for progress. I just haven't quite figured it out yet without once again being one of those constant maintainance things. It's sorta hard since only certain steps requires it, not entire quests.

Requiring the replay of the shower is stupid xD I'm fairly sure it has to do with some dialogue being said there that's being used later, but idk what I was thinking.

What step were you stuck on with the CAAB? By far the one that the most people complain about, but no one actually ever says WHERE, so i haven't been able to look, and its a pretty big quest that intertwines with her regular quests. I want that one fixed, if nothing else, just to stop the complaints about it

jireir

May 26, 2018
I will look through the game tomorrow when I'm free and try to specify what exactly was the issue. From what I recall it was CAAB 6. I also got stuck on CAAB 13 I think at some point but then did something causing it to work for me.

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
I will look through the game tomorrow when I'm free and try to specify what exactly was the issue. From what I recall it was CAAB 6. I also got stuck on CAAB 13 I think at some point but then did something causing it to work for me.
If you got the time and want to, I'd appreciate it ^^

Nirx140

Jan 28, 2022
I am stuck in caab for bonnie this all it says.

SOMETHING BONNIE IS
NOT A FAN OF, HUH? I NEED
TO gO AND BUy SOMETHING
FIRST.
But no store in the mall have something every other quast is done anyone else have this problam or had it and solved it?? Help pls

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Leroy2012

Fornguer

Apr 13, 2019
This game does something i like very much, that witch trainer, for example also did.
It's this mixture of corruption+blackmail+exibithionism+ soft humiliation.
Ex: Monique studio scene or Bonnie gym punishment.

Anyone know more games that do this?
and to the author: keep it up :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Leroy2012

jireir

May 26, 2018
If you got the time and want to, I'd appreciate it ^^
Now I can see what the issue was - CAAB 6 says that Senior starts to suspect Bonnie might enjoy being controlled and says that he should take a break for now. Meanwhile I also had Kim side quest 4 "Miss you" which tells to watch her train one of those evenings. From what I remember Senior is then supposed to go to the gym and the showers in the evening when Kim is training in the gym with the cheerleaders. CAAB 6 does not say that we have to progress past Kim side quest "Miss you" and then repeat it, we indeed have to repeat it for Bonnie to have the chance of saying that Senior keeps coming to the showers and what he does there with Kim.

I might try to replay the game during one of the weekends and compile what tasks that require more clarity in their description are in it.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017

SOMETHING BONNIE IS
TO gO AND BUy SOMETHING
FIRST.
But no store in the mall have something every other quast is done anyone else have this problam or had it and solved it?? Help pls
My problem is this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is this right? Is there a variable I can set by console to fix it?

jireir

May 26, 2018
Also a question but if I bought all three "gifts" for Kim. Will I be able to use only the one I picked after the purchase where Senior was thinking about which one he should use first? Wouldn't it be better to move that question to when we're going to be using them instead of right after buying them?

Nirx140

Jan 28, 2022

SOMETHING BONNIE IS
TO gO AND BUy SOMETHING
FIRST.
So apparently i completed all of her scenes so far and its just a bug that show that i didn't complete it already but i did so i don't know what to do

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Now I can see what the issue was - CAAB 6 says that Senior starts to suspect Bonnie might enjoy being controlled and says that he should take a break for now. Meanwhile I also had Kim side quest 4 "Miss you" which tells to watch her train one of those evenings. From what I remember Senior is then supposed to go to the gym and the showers in the evening when Kim is training in the gym with the cheerleaders. CAAB 6 does not say that we have to progress past Kim side quest "Miss you" and then repeat it, we indeed have to repeat it for Bonnie to have the chance of saying that Senior keeps coming to the showers and what he does there with Kim.

I might try to replay the game during one of the weekends and compile what tasks that require more clarity in their description are in it.
I see. I'll change that for next quest so that the questlog mentions Kim :unsure: And find some way to insentivice the player to replay the shower stuff.

If you want and have the time to compile a list of places where the questlog is ineffective or wrong, I'd be happy about it ^^ It's really something I've wanted to do, but... Well, I've explained that already.

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
So apparently i completed all of her scenes so far and its just a bug that show that i didn't complete it already but i did so i don't know what to do
You're saying the questlog didn't update right :unsure:?

God, I swear, that shit sometimes just happens. Randomly and in any random place. I don't get it. It's always in different places and it's never the same for 2 people.

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Also a question but if I bought all three "gifts" for Kim. Will I be able to use only the one I picked after the purchase where Senior was thinking about which one he should use first? Wouldn't it be better to move that question to when we're going to be using them instead of right after buying them?
Well, this is a spoiler but
. But the reason it's put where it is is basically to show that the MC has a plan for the evening, and then hit them with the curveball of "Plans got changed"

I do it a lot in the game where stuff doesn't really go as planned. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. I also make a point out of making it seem like the MC plans ahead instead of in the moment, so that's why he decides there ^^

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes