4.40 star(s) 54 Votes

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Uh, no. I've seen games taken down by the author, and patreon updates going unposted because the author is monitoring the thread. Authors can choose whether or not to allow piracy, however, as in the case of Pale Carnations, at least.
Isn't that kinda the opposite of what you just said :unsure:?

Oh well, doesn't matter. I trust the mod team and I doubt they would post it just cause they could when we have a deal going. It's probably just in case I decide to use my ownership of the thread to not update it at all or something like that.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Isn't that kinda the opposite of what you just said :unsure:?

Oh well, doesn't matter. I trust the mod team and I doubt they would post it just cause they could when we have a deal going. It's probably just in case I decide to use my ownership of the thread to not update it at all or something like that.
No? I believe I said that once the author owns the page, they control the release, and can choose whether or not to allow pirated releases. There are a couple authors that allow releases, and a couple who don't. I can't remember which it was, but there was even one game where the author had the game listed up to the finished product, then pulled it when the product was finalized. Was something about master-servant and it was RPGM...

I mentioned Pale Carnations because he did, and if I recall correctly that author definitely has a "piracy is just word of mouth" kind of attitude.

Last edited:

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
No? I believe I said that once the author owns the page, they control the release, and can choose whether or not to allow pirated releases. There are a couple authors that allow releases, and a couple who don't. I can't remember which it was, but there was even one game where the author had the game listed up to the finished product, then pulled it when the product was finalized. Was something about master-servant and it was RPGM...

I mentioned Pale Carnations because he did, and if I recall correctly that author definitely has a "piracy is just word of mouth" kind of attitude.
Not entirely. The mods have equal control to what I do, likely more cause they can just yeet me off if they want to. On this thread for example, I only make the mega links. They upload everything else, so its kind of a joint operation.

Well, I can't say I entirely know how it works. Only that I believe it's less onesided than it sounds

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Not entirely. The mods have equal control to what I do, likely more cause they can just yeet me off if they want to. On this thread for example, I only make the mega links. They upload everything else, so its kind of a joint operation.

Well, I can't say I entirely know how it works. Only that I believe it's less onesided than it sounds
Fair enough, I'm not on the inside so I can't particularly say my theory is definitive anyway.

All I can say is, from my firsthand experience, this site has threads owned by authors that let people post their games before public release, this site has thread owned by authors that don't let people post before release, and even at least two threads where an author has discontinued releases, and even one where the author posted a v0.0.1 demo, but never posted anything else and used the thread to post patreon updates and links to where you could pay for it (Goddess Realms by SexyVerse, but this was a long time ago. Even seen a couple authors get into it with the forumgoers and threaten to leave the site.

So it seemed fairly logical to me that authors had full control over their threads, given the above observations.

robbiej691

Oct 7, 2020
Should be around next sunday. I don't decide the exact time tho, since it depends on when the mods have time to update the rest of the links
i love how you are active in this thread, but when a game gets popular you do notice a change in the posters. everything is a conspiracy, ever tried to debate with a flat earther? do not waste too much energy on some posts. you are doing a great job

• Red Heart
Reactions: Leroy2012

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
i love how you are active in this thread, but when a game gets popular you do notice a change in the posters. everything is a conspiracy, ever tried to debate with a flat earther? do not waste too much energy on some posts. you are doing a great job
Nah, I don't really debate with flat earthers ^^' I mean, it doesn't hurt anyone that they believe the earth is flat, so they can do it as much as they want for all I care.

I'm active cause I love writing with people xD You should see me on my discord. I can spend an entire day just talking to people non-stop. It's actually a bit bad for progress.

SalmonLadder

Apr 23, 2019
Nah, I don't really debate with flat earthers ^^' I mean, it doesn't hurt anyone that they believe the earth is flat, so they can do it as much as they want for all I care.

I'm active cause I love writing with people xD You should see me on my discord. I can spend an entire day just talking to people non-stop. It's actually a bit bad for progress.
I really dig how much you're active on here. Really made a good impression on me when you replied to me babbling about Tara. Keep up the great work!

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
I really dig how much you're active on here. Really made a good impression on me when you replied to me babbling about Tara. Keep up the great work!
I like Tara a lot myself, so she is fun to talk about ^^ Anyways, thanks. Have fun when the new update is out

Reactions: SalmonLadder
Aug 15, 2021
I somehow very much doubt that they HAVE to do anything :unsure: I think the games you're talking about simply don't have any deal with this site. Cause I've talked to the mods, and they don't seem to have any intent of acting like you seem to think they do. Sure, they have the power to, but why would they? It's not like they owe anyone anything, and whether the game is on the site then or now doesn't really matter for this sites longevity - it just has to be uploaded at some point.
That is not correct. Here is a post from a mod: https://f95zone.to/threads/eternum-v0-5-caribdis.93340/post-9854778

There are many other similar posts by other mods on different game/forum threads. You can also find development/general threads discussing upload rules if you do a quick search on this site where other developers talk about this as well. Many mods are patrons and they dont leak updates themselves but if some random person leaks it and reports it to the site to be uploaded then they need to post it.

If you are curious you can also reach out to the mods yourself and ask them - there is a reason this place is considered to be a pirate site. I personally dont like this because many of these games are free and it can negatively impact developers but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
That is not correct. Here is a post from a mod: https://f95zone.to/threads/eternum-v0-5-caribdis.93340/post-9854778

There are many other similar posts by other mods on different game/forum threads. You can also find development/general threads discussing upload rules if you do a quick search on this site where other developers talk about this as well. Many mods are patrons and they dont leak updates themselves but if some random person leaks it and reports it to the site to be uploaded then they need to post it.

If you are curious you can also reach out to the mods yourself and ask them - there is a reason this place is considered to be a pirate site. I personally dont like this because many of these games are free and it can negatively impact developers but it is what it is.
Strange. I know for a fact that this game got leaked the past few times around the 10 dollar mark, yet nothing got updated before I did.

Nah, it isn't negatively impacting anyone. Piracy is great cause its free advertisement, and honestly, people who only pirate it with no intention of paying for it ever won't be a patron anyways, so its not like there is a loss. I think a lot of my current patrons are from this site though, so all in all I think its a win.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Strange. I know for a fact that this game got leaked the past few times around the 10 dollar mark, yet nothing got updated before I did.

Nah, it isn't negatively impacting anyone. Piracy is great cause its free advertisement, and honestly, people who only pirate it with no intention of paying for it ever won't be a patron anyways, so its not like there is a loss. I think a lot of my current patrons are from this site though, so all in all I think its a win.
That reminds me, iirc one of the universities in Stockholm did a study on piracy, and they did find that piracy in majority of cases is either free advertisement or don't really cause big monetary losses. It's been years since i saw that study, but it does pretty much support your notion on the matter. :)

• Thinking Face
Aug 15, 2021

About the leaks - it needs to be reported for it to be updated (as in you click the report button and do it). And you are right a site like this is great free advertising for all but the most popular games. It only starts actively hurting you past a certain threshold of patrons. The reason I dislike it is because most games are free anyway I think waiting a few extra days is not a big deal and there is no need to rush.

• Red Heart

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
That reminds me, iirc one of the universities in Stockholm did a study on piracy, and they did find that piracy in majority of cases is either free advertisement or don't really cause big monetary losses. It's been years since i saw that study, but it does pretty much support your notion on the matter. :)
Yeah, I know of it too. All unbiased studies (and I haven't heard of any biased to be fair) shows that some of the biggest spenders are - indeed - pirates. Cause thing is that a lot of people play the game first, and then buy it afterwards if they like it. Kinda like a demo, but... Full. Personally I did so with Hades and Skyrim to name a few.

But its hard to explain to someone that doesn't believe it (or some moneyhungry soulless CEO) that giving away free things means more money in the end

Kingjrace

Jul 1, 2018
Does anyone have a save file for last update? I want to play the new update but I don't want to restart, got a new pc

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes