ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
This happens everytime...and I then write this :) "I can't do what I want to do for the last act (or the equivalent) with HS". What I need is not more realistic models. I just need more models :) Places, characters and effects.

I think you are giving images too much credit. The first game, abandoned now, has the same MC. Images are important but not everything. This needs to be proven, I agree ;)
Can you give us some idea of what it is you want to do? Because this Daz model isn't the same character we all fell in love with. It'd be like trying to replace Scarlet Johanson in the middle of a movie...the character that we invested in about can't change, even if the new actor were prettier or a better actress. You can't erase that first half of the movie from our heads, that's the character now. If ScarJo can't do the movie's ending, better to rewrite it to keep her.

Sometimes working within limitations even leads to more creative scenes than we would have gotten. Kill Bill 2 had to be reworked because Uma Thurman fucked up her back and couldn't do the fight scenes. But it lead to a great movie where they worked around the fact that she had to be lying down or sitting at all times, lead to some great character work and dialogue. Nobody even noticed she couldn't stand!

No matter how great you think these new scene ideas are, there exists the potential for it to backfire. No matter what you do with Daz, it's not the same Amy. Without details, the only question is: is it worth losing the current audience for a few new locations? I can't find any complaints about the game locations so far. Seems like just getting creative with your writing is the better solution.

Last edited:

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
"Hello Patrons,

I am trying to finish the release until the end of the month. In them meantime, I just made a few images for the mk19 Amy model in DAZ while writing. What do you think about her? The hair makes her look a little older."

View attachment 439040

View attachment 439041

View attachment 439042

View attachment 439043
She might develop into that direction, which would be quite different from the Amy we celebrate at the moment. Much more mature, earnest, less soft, quite a bit tougher, less fun loving, more carreer orientated is just a bunch of associations that come up. I would miss our Amy.

Reactions: junkanon

spartan2177

Aug 27, 2016
There's more room for subscriber growth which means more money in using Daz than their is in HS unfortunately. The biggest advantage PW has right now with using HS is that he can make tons of renders which allows the story to progress faster, and also having multiple branches that no other game can really compete with. That wouldn't be possible with Daz because of render times.

Reactions: junkanon and ltpika

Zangief86

Jun 23, 2018
The new DAZ20 is much better than the other one. Still, the nose needs a little bit more tweaking (smaller, a little bit up). It seems to have more character. I wonder how it will turn out when she gets the Amy hairstyle like PW mentioned.

PW is a realyy dedicated and creative guy, so just relax a little. he will ask feedback a lot, so you have the chance to help creating something really really good. If HS doesn't fit anymore, she will grow up a little and change. Character ingame will stay (or make its progression), and also the rest will be just fine. Just give productiv feedback, think about what would need to change and be a little openminded.

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
This is happening again...Whenever a DAZ image is shared here, the talks about a backfire, losing support and my intentions about earning more money is brought up. I am spending nearly all my free time on this and have a plan. The last act will be in DAZ. Because it will be worth it. You can believe me or not. I just want to share what story I have in my mind for Amy. Please stop judging my intentions. It's rude.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
This is happening again...Whenever a DAZ image is shared here, the talks about a backfire, losing support and my intentions about earning more money is brought up. I am spending nearly all my free time on this and have a plan. The last act will be in DAZ. Because it will be worth it. You can believe me or not. I just want to share what story I have in my mind for Amy. Please stop judging my intentions. It's rude.
It's the lack of detail, it's what people will think if you aren't specific about why such a shift is taking place. It's the doctor walking in the room and saying they've scheduled you for surgery but without telling you why beyond a "trust me." Reason could be good but skepticism is warranted because of the way they're doing it.

Zangief86

Jun 23, 2018
Well said and i'm totally with you here!
I appreciate the chance to be involved and can give feedback. I see that you care for the opinions of your fans!

Don't take it too seriously PW. People have trouble with change in general. It is easier to have one non HD Amy they know then an HD superwoman Amy which you don't know how it turns out. they are frightend something could be worth, ignoring the possibilities what can be better.

In the end, you are the creative mind behind everything and you have gathered a lot of followers because of your story, the teasing and the characterdevelopement - not just the model itself. On the first page of this topic, the Amymodel is dissed hardcore for her unnatural proportions (well, i know girls like Amy proportionwise..). They will get over it ;-)

Reactions: junkanon

Zangief86

Jun 23, 2018
It's the lack of detail, it's what people will think if you aren't specific about why such a shift is taking place. In absence of a WHY, only the worst is left on the table to gather.
Yes. It's fear. It is the negativefocus you get, when you are frightend to lose something.
It is a sign of character to be able to see the possibilitie of a positiv cause. ;-)

I know you see blanks (lack of detail), but you choose to see bad things in these or positiv things.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Well, changing artistic concept midway is always a terrible idea and never looks good for plenty of reasons. Changing HS for DAZ is even worse cuz no matter what anyone says, it's virtually impossible to create similiar amount of renders in a similiar timeframe. It's a fine idea for a new game (I still doubt it with how complex and rich with renders PS is), but with one that actually exists it's kinda bad. It reminds me New Paths and Two Sides devs who naively though similiar thing and had to start all over after a year+. I wish the best for this game but time will tell if this idea was right

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
I appreciate comments like "mouth is big", "eyebrows should be straight", "nose should be tilted" and "she looks cold" because those lead to improvement rather than discarding and, hence, are constructive in nature. I iterated MK19 to MK20 based on some of those comments. And this happened while I was writing the script for the next release. How can I not appreciate this support? Thanks :)

Well, changing artistic concept midway is always a terrible idea and never looks good for plenty of reasons. Changing HS for DAZ is even worse cuz no matter what anyone says, it's virtually impossible to create similiar amount of renders in a similiar timeframe. It's a fine idea for a new game (I still doubt it with how complex and rich with renders PS is), but with one that actually exists it's kinda bad. It reminds me New Paths and Two Sides devs who naively though similiar thing and had to start all over after a year+. I wish the best for this game but time will tell if this idea was right
I never said it will be midway. Don't worry, Ignazzio :)

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Don't know what to say honestly

Even if you say you have the plan to do act 3 in daz, even if that plan is excellent, there are so many good objective and subjective a priori reasons for why this is a bad idea that I can't give you the benefit of the doubt

Long story short, I hope you're not dead set on following through with this idea, as a player and a fan of the game I can't see any possible benefit to doing it

(if you are dead set on this plan, let's pray that this is because of the blindfold, but I really doubt it)

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
After thinking about what to say for 10 minutes, I came up with a good comparison

Going from HS to Daz here feels like going from driving a car to riding a horse

Like, you can argue that horses are elegant big-dicked majestic creatures but at the end of the day, suddenly you've got no windshield, no rear-view mirrors, no roof over your head, no air conditioning, no radio, no airbags, no seatbelt, no crumple zone, no glovebox, no cup holder, no cigar jack, less room for passengers, and it takes you hell of a lot longer to get to your destination

spartan2177

Aug 27, 2016
While I would prefer Project Sage to be finished in HS, simply because that's where it started off at, no one should blame the dev for wanting to shift to Daz simply because that's what the standard is now and likely will be for the foreseeable future.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016

Even if you say you have the plan to do act 3 in daz, even if that plan is excellent, there are so many good objective and subjective a priori reasons for why this is a bad idea that I can't give you the benefit of the doubt

Long story short, I hope you're not dead set on following through with this idea, as a player and a fan of the game I can't see any possible benefit to doing it

(if you are dead set on this plan, let's pray that this is because of the blindfold, but I really doubt it)
Yeah and it's scary PW thinks we're all haters, but if we didn't care we wouldn't write anything. You warn a guy not to stick his dick in a paper shredder because obviously you CARE and don't want them to get hurt. If we kissed ass and said "yeah, stick your dick in there, Paperwork, you are the best and that's the best idea ever!" that'd be horrible. There's a time to be supportive and a time to speak up and warn someone.

I respect creator's intent, but it's very sad when brilliant people can't see how beautiful there own work is. Star Wars made billions, yet the man who created it was so embarrassed by it, he'd squirm in his seat when fans were cheering and loving his movie. Because he could only see the things he *couldn't* do in 1977 rather than the amazing things he did pull off.

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018

I am trying to be reasonable and reply to the concerns about this. But, there is no point. You are the ones that have the blindfold since (naturally but unfortunately) I can't share the plot with you and I can't relay my concerns about the lack of models through.

I really don't want to talk about something that will happen at least two years later since there is no middle ground about this. It's DAZ or HS.

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
Yeah and it's scary PW thinks we're all haters, but if we didn't care we wouldn't write anything. You warn a guy not to stick his dick in a paper shredder because obviously you CARE and don't want them to get hurt. If we kissed ass and said "yeah, stick your dick in there, Paperwork, you are the best and that's the best idea ever!" that'd be horrible. There's a time to be supportive and a time to speak up and warn someone.

I respect creator's intent, but it's very sad when brilliant people can't see how beautiful there own work is. Star Wars made billions, yet the man who created it was so embarrassed by it, he'd squirm in his seat when fans were cheering and loving his movie. Because he could only see the things he *couldn't* do in 1977 rather than the amazing things he did pull off.
I don't think you are haters. I just think you don't understand that I need to do what I need to do. Comparing this situation with me putting my dick into a paper shredder is my problem. I put my dick in the shredder when I decided to reboot PS and wrote the plot, I am ok with it.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah, 2+ years in the future, its a long time.
the last render is good, and it will not be the last one, there will be more until its as good it can be, Amy v2.0
if Daz/Blender/Etc are needed to progress the story, I will not try to say no, sometimes we need to change to be able to move forward, even if it means obstacles.
and about renders, in 2 years the gpu will be twice as fast as the one we have now.

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes