Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I have to confess something. In the beginning I found it quite "charming" his "berserk mode" or "going subsurface" while working on the game. Meanwhile it annoys me a bit, to ask what's up by myself or by other people.

Don't get me wrong, I do not critize the waiting time for an update, that's not my point. The lack of keeping the patrons up to date is my point. No need for daily reports, telling exactly what have been worked on, no excuses why this or this took more time etc., just a plain and quick weekly status update. There is no need to post teaser images or write hundreds of words, just a worked on this, worked on that, got no time to move on, etc.. But this running after a bit of information annoys me more and more. Again, I do not complain about the waiting time for an update per se, it's just you don't know what's going on, and people have to ask again and again and maybe get an answer in the comments.

I will watch this some time more, but this could end for me with cancelling my support.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
best way is communication, tell Paperwork that you would appreciate tiny weekly status report.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
best way is communication, tell Paperwork that you would appreciate tiny weekly status report.
I did already last year (mid of year or something) but no change since then. Now it's becoming more and more annoying for me, same for running after informations about status.

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
No need for daily reports, telling exactly what have been worked on, no excuses why this or this took more time etc., just a plain and quick weekly status update. There is no need to post teaser images or write hundreds of words, just a worked on this, worked on that, got no time to move on, etc..
So I've been in a situation like Paperwork where people are waiting on my output, and it's actually harder than you think to do a quick update.

First, there's the situation where you've not progressed as much as you wanted. It's hard to admit you've underproduced or don't have a product yet.

Second, what do you actually say? You don't want to be flippant and just repeat yourself "Worked on the game some," so you look for something worthwhile to say, but then you have to worry about spoilers or people interpreting things wrong, or the fact that things could change before the release. (We already know this is common with PWK, which is why he maxes completion status at 90%.)

Third, starting a work session with an update is a bit depressing, since the only thing you can talk about is what you did previously. But providing an update during a work session means breaking out of the zone, interrupting yourself. And since you never 'finish' a work session on time, there's not an opportunity to do it at the end.

So that's a long way to say that while regular updates are a great thing, I totally understand why providing one keeps falling off PWK's plate. Despite that, PWK is still more communicative than some of the other devs I follow.

Reactions: extraxiterra

alefrago

Jul 8, 2019
I have to confess something. In the beginning I found it quite "charming" his "berserk mode" or "going subsurface" while working on the game. Meanwhile it annoys me a bit, to ask what's up by myself or by other people.

Don't get me wrong, I do not critize the waiting time for an update, that's not my point. The lack of keeping the patrons up to date is my point. No need for daily reports, telling exactly what have been worked on, no excuses why this or this took more time etc., just a plain and quick weekly status update. There is no need to post teaser images or write hundreds of words, just a worked on this, worked on that, got no time to move on, etc.. But this running after a bit of information annoys me more and more. Again, I do not complain about the waiting time for an update per se, it's just you don't know what's going on, and people have to ask again and again and maybe get an answer in the comments.

I will watch this some time more, but this could end for me with cancelling my support.
i think this is my end of supporting too

Reactions: teamka42

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
So I've been in a situation like Paperwork where people are waiting on my output, and it's actually harder than you think to do a quick update.

First, there's the situation where you've not progressed as much as you wanted. It's hard to admit you've underproduced or don't have a product yet.

Second, what do you actually say? You don't want to be flippant and just repeat yourself "Worked on the game some," so you look for something worthwhile to say, but then you have to worry about spoilers or people interpreting things wrong, or the fact that things could change before the release. (We already know this is common with PWK, which is why he maxes completion status at 90%.)

Third, starting a work session with an update is a bit depressing, since the only thing you can talk about is what you did previously. But providing an update during a work session means breaking out of the zone, interrupting yourself. And since you never 'finish' a work session on time, there's not an opportunity to do it at the end.

So that's a long way to say that while regular updates are a great thing, I totally understand why providing one keeps falling off PWK's plate. Despite that, PWK is still more communicative than some of the other devs I follow.
Well strange, other devs, not many I admit, are capable of informing patrons. And if it is not weekly at least bi-weekly. But asking for informations because six weeks passed since the last status update etc. is for me, in the near future, not longer acceptable.
I think honesty is much appreciated amongst patrons. If there has been no progress, okay, fine, there are other things in life no problem. Taking a short break is okay to clear the head. But letting patrons stay in the dark with no informations for weeks is more frustrating. At least for me, maybe I am special ;)

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yes I think weekly or bi-weekly if not stated otherwise is a good policy.
our game has weekly blog updates, and even if we are working slowly, and theres not much to say, Haseo (our writer) is posting something, or if theres holidays, will tell, no blog this week.

I think the best course is to communicate to Paperwork about this and explain the reason u want to have a weekly/bi-weekly status report and how much info u need, if just "90%" or "doing this and that, but that is hard, damn, needed to rewrite, or no motivation this week, or at least 2 more week"...

Reactions: teamka42

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
I haven't heard much from Paperwork in a while either, but the "My day job is pretty straining right now." post a couple weeks ago and the updates since then to the v0.19 development status since then make me think Paperwork is just busy.

Reactions: EricSunny

Nalogan

Sep 11, 2018
The lack of Progress Information at the beginning of last year was my decision to stop my support.
Since end of 2019 i'm again surrport him, only a liitle because i love this game….but now i'm thinking again about it.
Holidays are nice but they have an end.

Gohan007

Aug 4, 2017
The lack of Progress Information at the beginning of last year was my decision to stop my support.
Since end of 2019 i'm again surrport him, only a liitle because i love this game….but now i'm thinking again about it.
Holidays are nice but they have an end.
You just need to look at the Development Status post from November. There's definitely progress being made.

Reactions: L7Bear
4.60 star(s) 60 Votes