BUsybat

Mar 4, 2018
Below screen shot from PW last week.

If there is one thing we can critique about PW , it be when he is seriously absorb into the game, his mind goes into a shutdown mode with the rest of the world. Which commercially speaking is bad as patrons be annoyed with lack of update.

It isn’t the first time this has happened. He is aware of this “habit” of his and has improved last year with patron updates but I think the Xmas and new year festivals did a number on him as he got extra work commitments and no holidays to rest on.

Another familiar “habit” of his is to redo screens / scripts or adding way more than originally intended. He has a very high standard for every update release - from Amy having the right sexual expression in that particular trigger choice to making sure everything makes senses and links back to trigger choice. This is why we kept getting more renders for every update.

Not saying he gets a free pass in ignoring his patrons. It’s a simple request in just communicating with yr patrons. It’s really not a lot to ask. Some game developers have this nasty habit as well.

But Project sage funny enough is also of the few games which a high majority of players are satisfied with each update. I implore everyone to be patient a bit more while we get through this darkness period.
( mean while, ppl who are close with PW, go whip out yr chains and slap him for patron reminder )
FD7840F3-C18C-46FB-BE49-C08A65C242C6.png

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
I'm guessing that none of the completion Percentages have moved in Paperwork's Progress post.
Can any of the generous Patrons confirm this?

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I'm guessing that none of the completion Percentages have moved in Paperwork's Progress post.
Can any of the generous Patrons confirm this?
There was the initial post with the percentage numbers, and a few weeks ago they were updated. 90% was also mentioned by paperwork in a comment post on patreon is identical to 100% finished (90% because if he still wants to rewrite something after finishing a scene). Since then, (worrisome) silence.

Reactions: Jude6

alefrago

Jul 8, 2019
this is ;was; a very good potential game...although give better a release date about each time, than these development numbers is at least a joke or abandon it at all

• Angry
Reactions: Creeping Death

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
The development period between each update is fine. It was naturally better for us players to receive a monthly update, however due to this game having multiple branches, paths, different scene variations and so forth it takes more and more time to update it all, or rather to give every path atleast some new content. It is understandable, and looking at games like Being a DIK which also takes 3 months to produce big updates, it is not something to worry much about. As long as the content provided is reasonable much for the amount of time that we had to wait.

Still, while I love this game and would still name Paperwork as my most favorite developer, I do agree that the silence is worrying and a very bad sign to every supporter.

Reactions: teamka42 and L7Bear

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
Its easy to get worried, devs are not uncommon to just disappear or give false hope.
but for Paperwork, Im not worried. he is a perfectionist. he also need some free time, holidays and irl stuff.
he also mentioned in the past, when I work Im absorbed into it and can't do anything else.
so, he is not a blabber? so what? we know devs that enjoy to blabber like crazy, are those that tends to say too much and eventually its only their blabber they focus on, not their game.
so if Paperwork focus on the game instead of writing posts Im ok with it.

meanguy

Dec 2, 2019
Honestly I find it a bit odd that people complains about a developer such as Paperwork. I mean, there are devs that disappear or take over 4 months for very unsubstantial updates, SAGE's latest update was not ages ago and honestly it was great, the game has excellent dynamics and there was a pretty decent Xmas special. Quality takes time, and SAGE is quality, let the guy work!

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
i agree with many of the sentiments expressed here and there is no question to me how hard dev works on this; not to mention all the many branching paths he has to think about or take into consideration .

however there is a good point that some quick update right before he goes to bed or before he eats dinner is hugely helpful, if on a weekly basis. it gives people more closure knowing where the project is at instead of all of this speculation. i’m still thinking it’s end of January or early February for the next release so we gotta be patient until then.

Evilko

Apr 11, 2017
I don't bother with long release time, because paperwork never failed my expectations. Most important that there will be update and that it's not abandoned.
But i agree with some ppl, i like to see weekly regular reports too, just because it's always interesting to read about project progress and it maintains my interest to be heated. Who played Factorio knows what i mean, in this regard, it devs are the etalon with their FFF.
paperwork love you, don't rush and do your best as always =)

ionDivvy

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2018
Honestly I find it a bit odd that people complains about a developer such as Paperwork. I mean, there are devs that disappear or take over 4 months for very unsubstantial updates, SAGE's latest update was not ages ago and honestly it was great, the game has excellent dynamics and there was a pretty decent Xmas special. Quality takes time, and SAGE is quality, let the guy work!
Plus, not only do most games take ~3 months per release, but some of them are just straight up scams. A Wife And A Mother and Jessica O'Niel's Hard News are two that come right to mind, where the developer puts in the least amount of effort possible for the greatest amount of cash. I've started practicing with Daz lately and I seriously doubt developers of games like that are putting in more than 2 hours of active development per week. 90% of the work = simply waiting for Daz to render in the background.

So, compared to that, Paperwork is as genuine and trustworthy as you can get. He's been working non-stop for pretty much two years now so it's understandable if he would want a few weeks to just relax and avoid getting burnt out.

I mean, I'd start to lose faith if we got to like March without much contact, but even if he releases in early February, it's only taken 3 months - and that's including winter break and a vacation!

Last edited:

fjabbegreven

Aug 5, 2016
We'll he's hopefully enjoying his vacation right now. Hope he returns with fresh ideas and full of energy and hasn't cancelled it to try and panic finish it, while fully burning out...

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
I haven't got around to completely updating the 0.18, but the Day 14 choices are pretty self-explanatory. The Miyagi Training path is the most complex part of Day 14, and those choices are documented in the guide.
(which is weird because I covered "Simon Love" and "Beach Boys" in the , so it should be easy to document in the Guide.)
First, thanks for the walkthroughs. Putting those together is a ton of work. Cheers to you for taking that on.

I notice in the two walkthroughs that you make different choices during the Day 7 night/Day 8 morning dream scene (starts with Paul, ends with Hank+). In the L7Bear Guide walkthrough you recommend Anal and in Clever Amy you choose Vaginal.

I find that odd because vaginal obviously results in loss of virginity and carries the risk of pregnancy, so why would Clever Amy make that choice?

Reactions: L7Bear

Nalogan

Sep 11, 2018
I notice in the two walkthroughs that you make different choices during the Day 7 night/Day 8 morning dream scene (starts with Paul, ends with Hank+). In the L7Bear Guide walkthrough you recommend Anal and in Clever Amy you choose Vaginal.

I find that odd because vaginal obviously results in loss of virginity and carries the risk of pregnancy, so why would Clever Amy make that choice?
Mabye because it's a Dream, so when she Sleep and dream there is no Risk to get pregnant and she lost nothing :unsure:.
Anyway this Dream hasnt Impact of the Story, so Play it as you like :)

Reactions: 88Michele88

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
First, thanks for the walkthroughs. Putting those together is a ton of work. Cheers to you for taking that on.

1579643208286.png

Paperwork cleverly provides the following options:
  • Vaginal sex.
    • Amy likes it.
    • It's nothing special
  • Anal sex.
    • Amy likes it.
    • Amy likes it :)
Clever Amy goes the "Vaginal is nothing special" route, while the Guide goes the "Amy likes Anal" route.

4.60 star(s) 60 Votes