kingscard

Mar 31, 2017
I had another run yesterday, testing differents routes and I found a new (for me at least) groping scene.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also tried differents ways to deal with the beach spy kids, getting angry may be a good path after all.

The only problem with this game is that the player has no way to know for sure if he should stick to one route, what choices leads to wich route, if two routes leads to another one, etc. So we may miss a lot, wich is a shame since the writting is quite good.

BUsybat

Mar 4, 2018
A lot of content surprising for a 0.11 version but even more surprised to find zero sex scenes. Huge praise for the sex restrain and attempt of plot building. Yea could use some degree of word polishing but those are minor. Went to read the forum and realised there is actually a Alpha file of a fuck fest version. Instant download. While sex is pretty much on point, like everyone said, she basically became a sex addict and I was left clicking all the way - especially the last big orgy scene.

The number 1 problem with all female protagonist games is eventually the heroine becomes a mindless sex addict. While players may want to see her have sex with every available character, I believe the majority prefers to have well written plot or background to support the sex scene. Often developers runs out of ideas towards the middle / end and horribly abuse /reuse the following situations * he is so handsome = sex, he touched my sensitive spots = sex , touch my big fat dick = sex * , towards that point, every update is simply more mindless sex scenes and things often go down hill quickly .

Your old version was definitely straight on path towards self destruction mode. Really another huge praise here to Paperwork for the guts to listen and revamping. The current tempo is still fine and in tune with plot building. I am guessing your vision is kind of Act 1 = players getting a sense of the game , see which jobs / characters are available , building up the chosen stats , slowly moulding heroine's behaviour and Act 2 = Sex unleashed based on Act 1 choices and so fore. Damn I like it !

Obviously you will eventually hit the wall of mindless sex as she would have had sex with all character plots. This is why choices are really important here which you have implemented. A further better implementation like what others have suggested is cutting off certain paths. Say I think Mr Wilson is really a creepy peeping old fuck so I refuse to clean his house - Effectively cutting off all potential Wilson / strip poker routes which doesn't matter as we don't expect her to work all jobs anyway.

Good games are those where choices actually matters and have serious consequences . It is good and can bring new life to the game If you can evoke different emotions out of the heroine. Say with Sam the homeless man is emotion sympathy path , through choice manipulation there could be nostalgic of her lost family , bringing her closer to Sam via lewd acts. Through more choices, she may end up either leaving him as she is disgusted and convinced he is just a lazy bum or she can bring his life back together through some help and closing down Sam path with a early happy ending etc. Turning down certain jobs or closing off early paths are fine as this helps in not being a linear game and encourages players to replay the game.

Fuck Sake, I wrote way way more than intended. Looking forward to the new update and if this games continues in the right direction, I am happy to support financially. Nevertheless, Project sage is truly a hidden gem and awesome game.

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
I was only quickly checking the alerts lately since I'm focused on the game. And I missed some posts somehow...

@Marc Dob Thanks Marc, unfortunately, slim girls are becoming a thing of the past. I love them too.

@kingscard There will be a detailed walkthrough. But, I'm so focused on the game right now. I want to do it whenever I have a lighter update for the game. There is so much to do for now. Please be patient, that's all I can say :)

@BUsybat Fuck Sake :) So much to read. I love this kind of posts :)

I'll try to put her into different situations for sex scenes. You are right, usually the stimulants for sex is limited for female protagonists. I'm hoping situations and decision making will be refreshing for players. I don't want scenes like "go to x's house - choice: seduce him, don't seduce him". I want sex scenes to be either funny or complex in nature. I hope I can make them as I imagine them.

In fact, Act 2 will be one of three things: A new chapter of the story or a new engine (DAZ3D) or both. For Act 1, I want to use a lot of teasing, wardrobe malfunctions, exhibitionism etc. There will be certainly sex. Next release is paving the way for it, btw. But, what you say is true. Sex will not be "unleashed" in Act 1. I want to have some lighthearted fun with the MC first.

Mr. Wilson is not just Mr. Wilson. I will keep giving players opions with Wilson until the poker scenes with the old guys appear. They will be in this version too. I liked doing those scenes before. After they are introduced, players will decide whether they want to keep seeing him or not.

Matt is a wild card. I can't give spoilers about him :) Next release will give you some ideas ;)

And your spoilers are like....actual spoilers! Not all. But, some are dangerously close! If I hadn't already written them, people could think I borrowed some ideas from you! It was a pleasure to read them and I wonder what you'll think when you see some of them appear in-game this week.

kingscard

Mar 31, 2017
@paperwork

Don't worry, a walkthrough isn't mandatory. For DAZ3D engine, it will be a pain for you to create all the lore you did.

On the "female protagonist" topic, it's obvious our girl in this game is open from the start to eplore her sexuality. So it's not unbeleivable when she shows her body. She expose herself too much too soon for a "real life" scenario, but it's a lewd game so it's ok.

But then there is romance and sluttiness. As a "Male Protagonist", you can say "I love you" to a girl, fuck her mother in the next room before going to a strip club to participate to a gangbang organized by her husband. Everything makes sense.

Now as a female protagonist you can't think like that, unless if you're from japan of course.

What I like with Project SAGE is that choices makes sense in a roleplay point of view. With Chris, you can fall in love, be a friend or being distant. And the story will lead you somewhere with that in mind. That's the core of a visual novel. Good Girl Gone Bad is the best example of that, and Project SAGE follow the same path with more blackmail and, let's be honest, a lot of straight male fantasies.

As for exhibition, if it's a big part of this act, be an exhibitionnist or not should lead to differents paths, not jut cut scenes. Or even better, we could have an anger / acceptance path also. We always want more, what do you want ? :)

Either way, can't wait to see what you have written down ! :).

Reactions: paperwork

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
@kingscard I'm still refining the female model on DAZ. If I don't get bored at looking at her and posing her for hours, it's done. If I'm happy with her, then everything is easier afterwards. I'm already acquiring assets with the support of my patrons. But, that's not happening in the near future for sure.

I agree with the female/male protagonist comparison. What do I want? I want to get to know the MC. That means I want to see her react to as many situations as possible. Which is similar to what you want. The problem is allocating time for it...To release content with too many branches requires exponentially harder work. It is a burden especially when you put many images for each event. I respect GGGB and it's creator a lot in that aspect. I'm not that patient.... Yet :) But, I feel I'm going there.

I thank everyone here for their support too :) Now, I go back to writing...

Reactions: CynicalBstrd

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
What kind of characters can we expect in the upcoming update? A revisit from the repairman maybe? Can you give a little sneak preview to us Paperwork?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
@paperwork

She expose herself too much too soon for a "real life" scenario, but it's a lewd game so it's ok.
Dont be so quick with this one. Not every culture condems nudity as a whole as the US and other countries do. So a 'real life' scenario isnt that far off for some nationalities actually ;)

kingscard

Mar 31, 2017
Dont be so quick with this one. Not every culture condems nudity as a whole as the US and other countries do. So a 'real life' scenario isnt that far off for some nationalities actually ;)
Well, I'm french so I know a little about nudity on the beach ;). But if I say that, it's because men reactions ingame tend to prove my point : She goes further than a lambda girl in the fake country she's in ;). Not that I dislike it, obviously :p.

Reactions: toolkitxx

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
hard vote against daz3d, I'm allergic to that stuff with the nightmare-inducing faces

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
In fact, Act 2 will be one of three things: A new chapter of the story or a new engine (DAZ3D) or both.
How about you use a new engine once you've almost finished the project so you can stretch the development time even further. Although it's a good strategy to do it this early if you haven't come up with satisfying ideas to progress the story. It certainly worked for "Two Sides".

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
How about you use a new engine once you've almost finished the project so you can stretch the development time even further. Although it's a good strategy to do it this early if you haven't come up with satisfying ideas to progress the story. It certainly worked for "Two Sides".
That's not how I do it. I don't "stretch" development time. When I switch to DAZ, it will be because HS limits me.

Reactions: Asuna.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
That's not how I do it. I don't "stretch" development time. When I switch to DAZ, it will be because HS limits me.
And once you've switched to DAZ, you go back to the bus trip, since no one could live with a 2nd act that looks way different from act 1. Gotta have your continuity or no one would be able to jerk off to it.

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
And once you've switched to DAZ, you go back to the bus trip, since no one could live with a 2nd act that looks way different from act 1. Gotta have your continuity or no one would be able to jerk off to it.
I won't post another message about this topic. When a change is needed, it will be done. What you have written is only valid if I want to milk my patrons and extend this part of the story forever just to earn money. What I promised to my patrons is that this story will have an ending. I can think of tens of ways how a new act can be a new beginning. I'm not sure if it's act 2 or 3 or a new game when I switch to DAZ. I'll do it when it's needed. That's why I used an "or" not an "and" in that sentence.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
What you have written is only valid if I want to milk my patrons and extend this part of the story forever just to earn money.
I'm not in a position to criticize your work ethics nor am I here to question your business model. See my comments as the sum of empty promises and failed projects where changes in the developing phase only helped to take the story hostage indefinitely. It's often better for the project's health to use the tools you're already familiar with instead of making changes that might not be as important for the customer as you think they are.

landeaux

Sep 26, 2017
Does anyone know of any other games with a focus on anal like this? The fixation on buttstuff is oddly super hot, and this is the only one I've seen that skips to backdoor action instead of that garbage "stripping>handjob>blowjob>sex" progression you see all too often.

Gumba Lumba

Jul 15, 2017
ok So i just opened my game folder containing my renpy games and decided update all of them, and i stumbled upon this game, the last time i downloaded this game it was version 0.17a but now it's 0.11c at least a few months later... What happened? is it a remake or something?

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
ok So i just opened my game folder containing my renpy games and decided update all of them, and i stumbled upon this game, the last time i downloaded this game it was version 0.17a but now it's 0.11c at least a few months later... What happened? is it a remake or something?
Yes he started from scratch. It is much better too.

4.60 star(s) 60 Votes