Iven71

Aug 13, 2018
Why? He doesnt do anything for heroine, he doesnt invite her anywhere, he blames her for their family problems (father's company money issues), he didnt go out dancing with her when she invited him multiple times... Only thing he does is acting like pervert!
And despite doing absolutely nothing to start dating her, he is angry when she goes out and he expects her to be there only for him.

Matt also believed his "friend" Hank, that heroine tried to seduce him. Seriously? Who the hell would believe such womanizer like Hank?

Why do so many people have trouble with Mat's actions here? He is a normal young adult with all his problems and fears. He is totally on the MC, but does not dare to try something.
He certainly behaves like 70% of all people.
There are not that many prolls and machos in the world, many boys are reserved, although they might have good chances with the really pretty girls.
That has to develop slowly, at least he has the jealousy.

What makes me a bit crazy, is that on the one hand the first contact with the Principal has 3 options, then with Hank (friend or not) as well as with Simon / neighbor / modeling etc.
I currently have about 10 different paths saved, without walkthrough this game is really confusing.
After all, I want to see all the possibilities that are possible, but slowly the variations are too much.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Why do so many people have trouble with Mat's actions here?
He certainly behaves like 70% of all people.
Seriously? I dont know in what kind of enviroment you live, but that's not how 70% of population behaves.
As you have said, there are many "routes" in this game, so it's possible that in some of those routes he doesnt behave like total douche and that's why you are confused. But in remaining routes his behaviour is definitely contemptible.

Since I wanted to back up my previous assumptions, I did some amateur work (GUI isn't mine design, mostly spent my time in tweaking fonts/sizes/colors and all their variables and then just got everything to work together) yesterday night.
To me it already looks far better than before.
Sorry man, but you are wrong. Default GUI is definitely better than this terrible attempt of yours.

Why?
For example the text field: you removed the black text box and you placed text directly over image. Do you know how terrible it will be to read white text when bottom part of image will be bright?? (example: heroine lying on beach!! It will be white text over yellowish sand! My eyes are already crying tears of blood!)
Similar case for Choices: you put white text into white text box! Terrible idea.
Or your main menu: Why the hell do you think there is need for white panel on the left side? Current main menu with fade_to_black is really good. Some (white) panel will never be as cool as fade_to_black.

AnonGuy

Modder
May 30, 2018
Sorry man, but you are wrong. Default GUI is definitely better than this terrible attempt of yours.
Nothing to be sorry about, I was sharing an opinion and I did this test just for myself afterall; also I have suggested to Paperwork to design is own GUI to fit his game: the one I've used is a pre-made one as clearly stated in my previous post, so its not really the same as a GUI specifically crafted for ProjectSAGE (in popular games section there are quite a few examples of well-made GUI for reference).
I don't like a bit base Ren'Py GUI but of course is fine to know people around like it well.
For example the text field: you removed the black text box and you placed text directly over image. Do you know how terrible it will be to read white text when bottom part of image will be bright?? (example: heroine lying on beach!! It will be white text over yellowish sand! My eyes are already crying tears of blood!)
Similar case for Choices: you put white text into white text box! Terrible idea.
That's why I've added outlines to the text where I removed boxes or if new boxes shared a similar color with those said text: it's easy to check it's not difficoult to read. Also I may suggest to check it with a doctor, since I'm pretty sure bloody tears are something worth investigating :)
Or your main menu: Why the hell do you think there is need for white panel on the left side? Current main menu with fade_to_black is really good. Some (white) panel will never be as cool as fade_to_black.
As stated above, because I don't like base Ren'Py theme. At some point the number of Ren'Py games one has played start to be considerable: well, since the majority of them share the same built-in interface it becomes redundant eventually, and doesn't really help a game to stand out between hundreds of products of the very same type (especially since majority of authors aren't even that original or good in writing). Having a proper interface sure helps to differentiate a product from the others, for one. Also, again as stated above, I've used a pre-made package as an example while my suggestion was more articulated. Some examples of what I mean when I talk about a proper GUI:

Last edited:

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dude, go replay game with different choices. You will find out that the "cons" are not really cons, but the route that your choices started.
If you dont date Hank, if you dont want to date Chris, if you dont want to date Matt, then you can (secretly) start dating Simon (the nerd).
That was just example, but there are more things that can change based on your choices.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Dude, go replay game with different choices. You will find out that the "cons" are not really cons, but the route that your choices started.
If you dont date Hank, if you dont want to date Chris, if you dont want to date Matt, then you can (secretly) start dating Simon (the nerd).
That was just example, but there are more things that can change based on your choices.
Thanks, I understand that there are many variables, I only tried to point out that the

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But I totally agree that I should check out different routes!

eminem1998

Feb 4, 2019
Could anyone that has the save files of the bath-shower scenes please share with me i really really really appreciate cause i 've started again many times but still havent got that scenes yet.

Reactions: Mudas8

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
In order to get them all you should just save and reload, they fire randomly. So if you have to chose between having a bath or a shower SAVE and keep reloading until you found the scene you were missing. I made sure that each time she is in the bath someone walks in, in order to get her the most liberal possible, I am optimistic that this will help to see some nice stuff at home in the future, but it's more a hope or a guess, not knowledge.

Phunfoteno

Oct 6, 2017
If not a walkthrough, I could definitely use a list of scenes and which variable levels trigger them...
Sometimes things get complicated, like the Simon one (don't date Hank, don't want to date Chris, don't want to date Matt, have some levels in slut and free...).

I'm really under the impression that I'm missing something and I'm afraid things will only get more and more complex

Quicksilver

Aug 5, 2016
Really good game so far, its such a huge difference to the normal corruption games. You actually have choices and you can take a dominate approach. I'm shocked the repair man thing could be resolved without getting blackmailed. Usually you get forced into stuff like that with no way to avoid it.

One thing this game sorely needs and many in the genre seem to gloss over is a glory hole. It's the perfect way for a female character to experiment and indulge themselves secretly without being known across town as a massive slut.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
As stated above, because I don't like base Ren'Py theme. At some point the number of Ren'Py games one has played start to be considerable: well, since the majority of them share the same built-in interface it becomes redundant eventually, and doesn't really help a game to stand out between hundreds of products of the very same type. Having a proper interface sure helps to differentiate a product from the others, for one.

Here are are some examples of what I mean when I talk about a proper GUI:
View attachment 243794
You know, absolute majority of people plays the games for the actual game content and not for interface or how the main menu looks... but I guess to each his own.

Also Being A DIK is not very good example. It comes from the developer who prefers "form over the content". His games have beautiful art, well designed menus, a lot of (ultimately pointless) choices, but the actual story is very subpar. A lot of people will prefer games with better story than interface... but if "nice menu" is your thing, then I guess its perfect game for you ;)

How do I get that scene on day3 where she takes off her top after dancing with matt?
That image "day3 647" is not ingame. It might be a remnant from the old version of the game (Project SAGE Act 1 is restart of older game Project SAGE and there are some older unused images)

4.60 star(s) 60 Votes