Unreal Engine Abandoned Project Unknown: Section 7 [Test Version Update] [MATEYDEV]

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
So far this is quite well done. It looks very good, there's a nice variety of sex scenes and making use of the environment for different positions depending on where enemies overpower you is very cool. It also does a great job with the atmosphere, the lighting, enemy design, etc. lends itself to a very creepy atmosphere. I only have 2 real issues.

The first is that I find the main character's outfit and mannerisms to be a bit out of place. From the looks of it she's meant to be a medic or rescue personnel, and yet the way she moves is very dainty and she's wearing a short, tight skirt that looks quite impractical. Obviously this is more of a personal preference, but I think it'd make the game more immersive if she didn't move in a way that looks so dainty and wore shorts or pants instead of a skirt.

The other issue is that the map is very difficult to navigate. Obviously once the mini-map is added that will help, but that's only part of the issue. The other reason it's hard to navigate is because a lot of the environment looks almost identical, and it's not clear where you can and can't go. The auto-opening doors look the same as the ones you can't enter that enemies emerge from, and all of the locked doors look the same so you can't tell if you're able to open them or not until you approach them. There's also a lack of visible landmarks across most of the map which looks nearly identical, the more open areas with doors to the train station, cafeteria, etc. are an exception.

I also find that the penetration in most sex scenes could look better, in some it doesn't look like her vagina is opening at all and in others there's some obvious clipping. I assume the sex scenes will get more polish as development progresses though, so this is a minor complaint.

Despite my criticisms I think this game is great overall, and I'm looking forward to how development progresses. Judging by the first enemy, I'm expecting some solid enemy designs as more are added.

Last edited:

Jackapp

May 31, 2017
Thinking out loud cos I know the dev is around, but female zombies that can distract the male ones and get grabbed by them sounds like an interesting idea to me. Buys more time to search for stuff if you don't wanna waste ammo or don't have the gun

Edit: Or if there's stealth/hiding could just make for some juicy eyecandy

Slatts2

Nov 25, 2020
Pretty fun, actually got spooked once, and the lighting, sound and ambiance are great, 3 spoopy 5 me. The animations are also really good, my only complaint is Sarah's face, but it isn't something that makes it unplayable or detracts from the game as a whole, just personal opinion, and will be even less of an issue when the character creator is added. I did notice, and then tested that the monsters seem to ignore Sarah if you have her sit/lean on the beds, couches, and tables, I don't know if this is intentional as just a test phase for being able to hide from them or a simple oversight, but it was pretty funny getting as many of them to follow as I could and then just sitting on a couch.

A couple of things I personally would like to see are female monsters, cowgirl and reverse cowgirl scenes, and a full nelson scene.

A few suggestions are different monster types that would make navigating more interesting, as of right now you can just walk past them all, spaces to hide from monsters, different weapons, a journal or datapad or something to give you an objective like "Find the Armory Key." An arousal stat that makes it harder to resist the higher it is would be cool as well.

I had a lot of fun with this build, and I look forward to the next one.

Reactions: jttth and MATEYDEV

Boombaru23

Aug 11, 2017
I have two questions if it's not to much to ask:Will there be any sounds for the monsters in the next update ,like breathing,walking ? And any lore bits,like 1-2 data pads ?
Thank you.

MATEYDEV

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I have two questions if it's not to much to ask:Will there be any sounds for the monsters in the next update ,like breathing,walking ? And any lore bits,like 1-2 data pads ?
Thank you.
1. Yes, there will, footstep, roar, grunt sounds. I have no budget for the sounds for now because these are real expensive.
2. Already answered but yes, there will, like audio logs, video logs, data pads, files, etc.
I don't really like to give the information here btw. (If you have Discord, please ask me there)

Last edited:

texxy

Aug 19, 2017
Well it did give me dead space vibes, I'll say that much. Question on one thing, what's planned to be added fetish wise? I mean Dead Space had galore of gruesome stuff, just wanna know what's coming here.

FaerDear

Feb 9, 2019
Well it did give me dead space vibes, I'll say that much. Question on one thing, what's planned to be added fetish wise? I mean Dead Space had galore of gruesome stuff, just wanna know what's coming here.
guro is excluded, only dismemberment for monsters. Pregnancy but not as gameplay mechanic but as small events. That's all we currently know.

Feb 11, 2020
He's said quite explicitly that there'll be no dismemberment for anything but the monsters, the pregnancy is said to be a game-over scene only, and I'm fairly certain that there's no things like Futas/furries/vore/etc planned, only the regular sex with the aliens. I don't speak for him though, so don't take my word as gospel.

I'm quite happy with all of this so far, it makes a refreshing change to have a game that doesn't have at least one of these involved, because they're a real turn-off for me. Good that it's such a high-quality game too.

Anolas

Jun 26, 2020
For the guys not follwing Discord:

New "unfinished sandbox version" incoming in approx. 2 days:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe support this genuinely hard working guy? :)
Sounds good,this game NEED a lot optimization,such small space without magnificent effect yet still burns my video card

hatass

Oct 6, 2017
Nice progress hopefully, less delay on this one too. Once the build is relatively bug-free I'll definitely consider financial support.

SpyShadow

Mar 18, 2020
To Developer, To Fix GPU 100% Usage,
In UE4 Engine Project Settings, enable smooth fps/smooth frame rate, this will cap FPS to 60. Another way would be to add a menu option to simply to enable it by executing the console command that turns that feature on. (t.MaxFPS 60)

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017
Human AI in sandbox is pretty good, the monster AI doesn't stand a chance and I was observing if the monster can do a scene with the human AI but it looks like the human AI can instantly break free :D and there's also a funny bug after that part where if there is too much grab animation, it makes the female protag go sideways... its pretty funny.

Reactions: MATEYDEV
4.70 star(s) 16 Votes