Unreal Engine Abandoned Project Unknown: Section 7 [Test Version Update] [MATEYDEV]

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes

MATEYDEV

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Those first comments made me want to leave F95 zone ngl. And don't worry, I'm too tired of trying to grown the trust on people now, seriously.
Just imagine, working like 10-14 hours a day then release it for free and all you can get is 90% of negative opinions no matter how much you put your dedication to your works, they will still trying to disprove what you are trying to deliver. I thank to people who support me and because of them that's keeping me alive and I still can continue working on this project to this day.

There is no "They" it's only "Me" who is working on this project. (I admit I was hopeless reading those comments at the time and I'm trying to not read that again, not going to lie)

Last edited:

Dovakeks

Dec 25, 2019
Those first comments made me want to leave F95 zone ngl. And don't worry, I'm too tired of trying to grown the trust on people now, seriously.
Just imagine, working like 10-14 hours a day then release it for free and all you can get is 90% of negative opinions no matter how much you put your dedication to your works, they will still trying to disprove what you are trying to deliver. I thank to people who support me and because of them that's keeping me alive and I still can continue working on this project to this day.

There is no "They" it's only "Me" who is working on this project. (I admit I was hopeless reading those comments at the time and I'm trying not to read that again, not going to lie)
Yeah fuck those people. Don't ever listen to them. Your project is on fire. Since the very beginning. Next month, I'm probably going to have more money, then I'll be a patreon too. You really earned it :D

Nor-40k

Jan 6, 2019

There is no "They" it's only "Me" who is working on this project. (I admit I was hopeless reading those comments at the time and I'm trying not to read that again, not going to lie)
Quite understandable if you would leave the F95-Zone, still my approach to criticism is to falsify the unknowing/ignorant ones, which tend to be impertinent. After all it doesnt really matter what you do/say/think, there will always be people who support and those who complain. It seems like a mistake to give the latter too much credit or attention.
I enjoyed the last build - its that simple. When the next/last version of this build is done, I review it in detail (as usual)

Sarage

Jan 29, 2019
The pre tester demo you realeased looks promising. Don't worry about those salty comments. As long as you work and keep users updated on patreon or here already makes you a better developer than some more popular ones.

Onkin

Sep 15, 2018

F95 in a nutshell

Pie/Rat

Dec 10, 2020

There is no "They" it's only "Me" who is working on this project. (I admit I was hopeless reading those comments at the time and I'm trying to not read that again, not going to lie)
Please do what makes you happy, youre very talented and ive supported you like many others, try your best to ignore the ignorance, sites like this are a breeding grounds for psychos, god speed mate

May 25, 2017

To be a little fair to those people, what they were saying happens with other projects alot. But to also be fair to you, you have been working on this, all of your content is hand-made, and you're actually actively here on the forum taking criticism and advice. When I saw that you were actually here and communicating with us, I felt alot better about the future of your project.

Dovakeks

Dec 25, 2019
I lost a lot of trust due to the first page were blasting me and told me I'm a scammer (But why everyone was calling me a scammer, even if I released everything for free and don't even force anyone to pay me at all?). And you guys really need to wait and see if the devs can do what they said, If they couldn't then strike them down as you guys want. Also don't give a bad start for the devs, If don't support, don't destroy either unless they are actually bad or scammer.

I'm going to leave this platform soon. I gave up about the trust now. And everyone can join me on twitter or discord (or even support) if they want.
Na man, please don't go. I actually found your work to be inspiring. How much you can achieve alone is truely great. I want to try my hand in animation now, because of you.
I'm going to support you with patreon next month. I'm sorry that I couldn't support you sooner, I'm kinda poor.
So please continue your work and stay here to update us. If not, I will still follow you on discord then.

MATEYDEV

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Dovakeks

I'll still leave F95 zone for several reasons, one of the reasons is that It's hard to build the trust on this site, my first pages is completely destroyed since 7 months ago and no one can change what they have done. My name will still remain untrusted no matter what, especially for new comers. It's easier to start my community all over again somewhere else with better start and lesser "Gate keepers".

I'm really glad and honored that my works can be inspirations for someone :]

I've changed my method for gaining the support budget now, I'm now working on small project and the budget of main project will be based on how many small project can get sold on DLsite and Steam (still including patreon). Payment on patreon will be reduced to 50% of full price after my small project is completed. I'd pause my patreon if the progression of the small project is too slow.

People would like to buy the product than pay monthly for early access. But if you do really want to support me, I'd be very appreciated that :] I'm not very sure if I can deliver what I have promised in time or not due to the complex of the game development procession.

I'll leave after I've finished my small project. Thank you :]

Last edited:

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think you've proven your more than capable at making cool things. If anything can be learned here, it's that people have their own problems and lives that should be respected. Society is ruthless. There are those who want to exploit people like they're unbreakable cogs in a machine, or a bottomless bag of money. That doesn't mean we should automatically assume everyone will take advantage of us. We've all dealt with that and should understand, people shouldn't be treated like that.

I hope MateyDev's situation allows them to continue to make cool things or do whatever it is they want to do to be happy.

We're all just people behind these screens, albeit some are a bit more vocal than others.

I also hope my ramblings make sense, just want people to be empathetic to each other.

Onkin

Sep 15, 2018
Dovakeks

I'll still leave F95 zone for several reasons, one of the reasons is that It's hard to build the trust on this site, my first pages is completely destroyed since 7 months ago and no one can change what they have done. My name will still remain untrusted no matter what, especially for new comers. It's easier to start my community all over again somewhere else with better start and lesser "Gate keepers".
I think you're overestimating the "first pages". By experience I think most people look at the game description, the provided images and the rating, which is pretty dope. So for a 3D game I'd say you're in a not really bad position on F95. I mean feel free to leave, it's your decision, but for F95 standards this project is above average imo.
Also, a certain amount of toxicity is to be expected on this site, it's just how some people are.

FearLs

Nov 15, 2020
I don't know the opinion that people have on this. But i have to say, this is more than an adult game. The horror aspect of it, the beats of your heart trying to progress this game is something else. I mean i find it a lot more interesting in the horror genre than games that are trying that hard to become one. It is something that would be great to see finished. People shouldn't be that judgemental on others. People trying to create games have a life too and there's a lot going on there, especially in these hard times. I want to wish best of luck to the dev and hope things will get better.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry about that, man.

I actually got alerted here because some of my posts were deleted for ... "trolling" and "off-topic".
I have no idea what exactly those posts were, but if they were indeed offensive to you or something, I apologize.
It's also strange because you're one of the few devs I appreciate and respect, and I greatly admire your dedication to your game as a one-man project, so I'm puzzled on what exactly I could've said to have my posts deleted anyway, haha.

Been following you on Discord for the last few months and been hearing about your struggles and setbacks.
I'm fine with switching to Discord if it means checking your progress, but I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with this site. A lot of folks here are freeloaders and spammers, but there's quite a few good people here in this community as well. Many of us are pretty skeptical about Patreon projects because of past experiences (there's a ridiculous amount of devs who cheat patrons out of money), so if any ill words were said of your game, it's likely nothing personal.

I hope that, if you choose to go dark on this site, or even need to drop this project, you'll take care of yourself. Losing a poster here or even a potential game is much more preferable than having someone's spirit crushed IRL.

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
Dovakeks

I'm really glad and honored that my works can be inspirations for someone :]

I've changed my method for gaining the support budget now, I'm now working on small project and the budget of main project will be based on how many small project can get sold on DLsite and Steam (still including patreon). Payment on patreon will be reduced to 50% of full price after my small project is completed. I'd pause my patreon if the progression of the small project is too slow.

People would like to buy the product than pay monthly for early access. But if you do really want to support me, I'd be very appreciated that :] I'm not very sure if I can deliver what I have promised in time or not due to the complex of the game development procession.

I'll leave after I've finished my small project. Thank you :]
You do you man, good luck with your future projects!

Reactions: MATEYDEV
4.70 star(s) 16 Votes