Unreal Engine Abandoned Project Unknown: Section 7 [Test Version Update] [MATEYDEV]

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes
Oct 5, 2019
Seems like a promising game. Animations are smooth and decent looking. Atmosphere is great, definitely looking forward to it. Hoping Dev sticks with humanoid enemies for the most part. I'll favorite and visit in future updates.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
Oct 5, 2019
Seems like a promising game. Animations are smooth and decent looking. Atmosphere is great, definitely looking forward to it. Hoping Dev sticks with humanoid enemies for the most part. I'll favorite and visit in future updates.
Also, does anyone know if current build goes into the elevator? I was unable to find the keycard.

Last edited:

CreepyGhost

May 4, 2017
I like the style he's aiming. Classic RE and PT style, not extreme graphics or sounds. I 'm up to see where this will go.

sniff3005

Oct 12, 2016
I know its in the really early stages, but game crashed every 2 second lol also tried to open my VR program every time it opens which, I kinda don't want it to do.
make a new shortcut of the projectunknown.exe and paste "-nohmd" (without quotes) in there at the end in the target box then run that shortcut, it will no longer run in VR ( works with every unreal game)

Nastyggg

Aug 9, 2020
What do you mean by this?

Ha! maybe I'm so bad at making game :confused:
No, so far everything is great especially for how far you are into this project. Just some random loser. Notice how he didn't even have anything constructive to say. He just wanted to bitch in broken english.
edit: Seriously I LOVE your animations so far and as a fan of legs I have to say I'm really enjoying this game so far.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: MATEYDEV

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Very poor character control. It feels more like I'm "suggesting" she turn or do something rather than just turning or doing things as her. Too many zombies in too confined a space makes it just a corridor dash by. Multiple headshots to the coconut but no kill? John Wick would not approve.

MATEYDEV

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Say as a gamer and non NSFW dev here.
- Too easy for survival horror game if monster dies in one/two headshots
- I'm trying to make the blending between the animations as smooth as possible but this also effects to the character rotation (Like GTA Turning, etc but mine is worse)
- A lot of people was complaining about too few monster spawning (Sometime no spawning) So I've fixed it by set spawning amount value to 1.5 (original was 0.8 spawning amount)
- Don't rotate camera while aiming if you want to auto lock :)
- Play best with XB controller.
Cheer!

Last edited:

ShoreGull

Jul 20, 2017
This is fucking Rad, I love the style and feeling of the combat; really old school RE feel, don't change it! Enemies are actually a threat and should stay that way which is pretty lacking in most games on the site. One thing I do wish to see is a better resolution selection, as I play on a 1440p monitor having 720p, 1080p and 4k is pretty limiting. Playing with 4k makes the UI not scale correctly and 1080p is very small on my monitor. Only real gripe for an early build like this. Please continue to do what you're doing this is fantastic.

Reactions: s0rO

greggyplays

Jul 30, 2020
looking fucking great. if the finished product is as good as i imagine then it will be one of the best h games, good luck

Reactions: s0rO

Nor-40k

Jan 6, 2019
Is there a way in V2 to actually get the S6 Power-Control working and/or aquire the Administrator Card?

Subdivider

Aug 7, 2019
It looks awesome! the post process and atmosphere really resembles the very first silent hill. Although the entourage is more likely a dead space. The main character, very sexy + high quality animation.
Good luck to the project!(y)

sarashi

May 4, 2018
havent played it yet but it looks really awesome and although i will cry like a girl whenever i play resident evil or dead space i might give it a go here too lol. defo keep up the good work to make it an awesome game!

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Say as a gamer and non NSFW dev here.
- Too easy for survival horror game if monster dies in one/two headshots
- I'm trying to make the blending between the animations as smooth as possible but this also effects to the character rotation (Like GTA Turning, etc but mine is worse)
- A lot of people was complaining about too few monster spawning (Sometime no spawning) So I've fixed it by set spawning amount value to 1.5 (original was 0.8 spawning amount)
- Don't rotate camera while aiming if you want to auto lock :)
- Play best with XB controller.
Cheer!
- I agree. This is why Difficulty settings exist. Some players want to relax, some want a challenge.
- Poor choice. GTA 5 has some of the worst character movement in gaming.
It's Ok to have some sort of drag when moving a character, but it should be realistic.
If you want a game example, take the Resident Evil 2 Remake. It had smooth movement but at the same time it was responsive to input.
She's a bipedal human... not a cargo truck.
- This should probably be tied to difficulty. But i guess testing will tell.
- That's how aim assist works in every game.
- My mistake... i though this was a PC game not a console game.
Please for goodness sake add Custom Controls or at least Default to the average gaming control scheme like Doom devs did.

You have managed to get the atmosphere correct tho. It has a Silent Hill/ Dead Space vibe so good job on that one.

Re_Doggo666

Jul 21, 2018
Don't know why I'm getting this problem but my mouse cursor isn't showing up on the main menu XD, any suggestions? just want to change the settings cause my pc is a potato

RandomUserNo1

Nov 16, 2017
This is fucking Rad, I love the style and feeling of the combat; really old school RE feel, don't change it! Enemies are actually a threat and should stay that way which is pretty lacking in most games on the site. One thing I do wish to see is a better resolution selection, as I play on a 1440p monitor having 720p, 1080p and 4k is pretty limiting. Playing with 4k makes the UI not scale correctly and 1080p is very small on my monitor. Only real gripe for an early build like this. Please continue to do what you're doing this is fantastic.
I had the same problem, solved by using r.setres 2560x1440f command

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes