brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
Very nice game.
A few questions: I am constantly losing health, a skull & crossbones is beside the health bar, how do I stop/cure this?
Is there a walkthrough? or even a map? as finding places is a nightmare, I am trying to find the police station now, but cannot find it at all.

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
Very nice game.
A few questions: I am constantly losing health, a skull & crossbones is beside the health bar, how do I stop/cure this?
Is there a walkthrough? or even a map? as finding places is a nightmare, I am trying to find the police station now, but cannot find it at all.
Police station is coming in next big update after bug fixes.
To cure poisoning you need water or antidote. You can find 1 water inside shop on western street. Also you can buy antidote from traders at sewers.

Reactions: brittC25

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
This game is really well done.. I love the Zombie + Scavenging + Story..

I can see your design is changing over time.. Adding RPG elements, abandoning the heavy horror theme.. The first act seemed to heavily emphasize horror themes.. but a lot of that got lost after. Was this intentional?

I noticed specifically you leverage lighting gameplay a lot less.
Out of curiosity I went in and looked at the lighting plugins used.

I found,
  • CommunityLighting (Majority of your level lighting)
  • LNM Lighting Tool (Just for the light switches??)
  • Shora Lighting .. but I didn't see it imported, I guess you abandoned this one :p

I am really curious.. (If you are willing / have time)
  • What's your opinions on Lighting in RPGMaker..?
  • What did you like & hate about each one?
  • Was doing dynamic light switches too much work?
    • Did you have more plans for using lighting in conjunction with stealth mechanics that wasn't as fun as you thought or just took much effort?

Personally, I really like the Community Lighting plugin.
It does everything I need.. I've been using another plugin to handle bloom effects.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Pogo123

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
This game is really well done.. I love the Zombie + Scavenging + Story..

I can see your design is changing over time.. Adding RPG elements, abandoning the heavy horror theme.. The first act seemed to heavily emphasize horror themes.. but a lot of that got lost after. Was this intentional?

I noticed specifically you leverage lighting gameplay a lot less.
Out of curiosity I went in and looked at the lighting plugins used.

I found,
  • CommunityLighting (Majority of your level lighting)
  • LNM Lighting Tool (Just for the light switches??)
  • Shora Lighting .. but I didn't see it imported, I guess you abandoned this one :p

I am really curious.. (If you are willing / have time)
  • What's your opinions on Lighting in RPGMaker..?
  • What did you like & hate about each one?
  • Was doing dynamic light switches too much work?
    • Did you have more plans for using lighting in conjunction with stealth mechanics that wasn't as fun as you thought or just took much effort?

Personally, I really like the Community Lighting plugin.
It does everything I need.. I've been using another plugin to handle bloom effects.

Thanks for reading.
Every single lighting plugin is bad when it comes to big projects like this one. We chose community lighting because I causes a "bit" less lags, but still not good.
Horror them was reduced for second part of the game, because we plan to build gameplay in different styles so players won't get bored.
As for light switches, wel... they are limited by your imagination as you can do them in multiple ways. But yes, it is pain in the ass.

Reactions: DreamingAway

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
Every single lighting plugin is bad when it comes to big projects like this one. We chose community lighting because I causes a "bit" less lags, but still not good.
Horror them was reduced for second part of the game, because we plan to build gameplay in different styles so players won't get bored.
As for light switches, wel... they are limited by your imagination as you can do them in multiple ways. But yes, it is pain in the ass.
Thanks for the reply.. Makes sense!

The detail / work you put into your maps also pays off really well.. they look really great.. but I imagine it takes a long time rendering those in Unity / Daz / Whatever.. Especially breaking out all the Layers..

You could probably save time by modifying your Qcollision map to prevent players / zombies from walking behind things and removing bottom walls that you then have to worry about fading out when players go behind them..

As long as maps are easy to navigate and look great aesthetically I don't think players care much.. and it could save you cutting out pieces of the map except when you really want to do something interesting (Like the zombie hole in sewers).

Just my $0.02 ..

itsmeluigi

Aug 10, 2020
How do you remove poison/infection? My character is permanently poisoned and it doesn't go away no matter what I do.

Reactions: nerogaf

johnsmith066

Jan 21, 2022
Once you've gotten the barrel from the gang and delivered it to the military guy at the church. There'll be some text, and at the end of it, it will say in caps something about the next major update.
oh ok, i guess i'm done already. thank you for letting me know.

To the Game Developer:

nice game overall, but i found a lot of issues with the overall gameplay experience, the same issues raised by those who posted before me.

I'm running this specific computer hardware, and there is gameplay performance degradation here and there:

Ryzen 9 7950x
RTX 4090
64GB RAM
2TB SSD

There is also environmental bugs travelling from one location to another that will force you to restart the game. Hope it can get fixed with an update.

Howarde

Sep 23, 2017
I have faced many of these issues too but as they said on their patreon, they are hiring a coder to help them debug and fix lags.

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes