Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
you are literally lying right now. what scene is animated? give me just 1 example. or do you even know what animated scene means? it's a moving picture, at least a couple of frames. not 1 frame still picture then a completely different scene.

yes the character "movement" is animated in battle. that's it. the tag is not supposed to be used for that, because then every game could have the "animated" tag.
1693474319600.png
If you don't understand how things work in game, it doesn't mean they are not there. You sound very funny right now. Can't even get mad at you.
Try to read changelog at least 1 time (I recommend doing it so many times until you understand which scenes are animated). If you still can't find them ingame, try to look at movies folder.
Also about inventory - you can't drag items, you have to click on them in order to move them into stash.

dreminh

Jan 4, 2019
View attachment 2892484
If you don't understand how things work in game, it doesn't mean they are not there. You sound very funny right now. Can't even get mad at you.
Try to read changelog at least 1 time (I recommend doing it so many times until you understand which scenes are animated). If you still can't find them ingame, try to look at movies folder.
Also about inventory - you can't drag items, you have to click on them in order to move them into stash.
nah this dude just trolling , just look at the name

Reactions: <JR>

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Main performance issue it's Community_Lighting plugin, but you can significantly raise it by delaying update of lights. Unpack in game folder and rewrite file when asked. Lightning will update each 0.4second or you can modify it and set you delay value in Community_Lighting.js on line 1259:
Code:
this._next_update_time = Date.now() + 400; // 0.4 second delay
Change 400 to your desired delay value.

Reactions: HighNSleepy

<JR>

Jul 12, 2022
Main performance issue it's Community_Lighting plugin, but you can significantly raise it by delaying update of lights. Unpack in game folder and rewrite file when asked. Lightning will update each 0.4second or you can modify it and set you delay value in Community_Lighting.js on line 1259:
Code:
this._next_update_time = Date.now() + 400; // 0.4 second delay
Change 400 to your desired delay value.
Yes, you are right, the performance of the game is low on weak video cards, and these changes will help a bit. But this is not the main performance issue. The main problem is Pathfinding. Also, the delays you made in Community_Lighting will break the light visuals...

Anyway, we see that you're trying to improve it, and we appreciate your effort.

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Yes, you are right, the performance of the game is low on weak video cards, and these changes will help a bit.
It's not gpu issue, it's cpu issue. Even potato can calculate better lightning with decent speed on gpu, but not when we do it by js with all math calculations on js side.
The main problem is Pathfinding.
Same issue, calculations on js side and probably by using slowest algorithms.
will break the light visuals...
Only dynamic lightning effects and flicks, still better than unplayable fps for some users.

Hidden_Pork

Feb 28, 2022
I saw your poll about game difficulty I personally did not find it hard at all and since it's is a survival horror game there needs to be some difficulty however I would put in a "normie" mode with more health and ammo keeping it simple.
On a personal note I love how Project Venus is a ACTUAL game instead of a VN with extra steps, this game should be on Steam early access as it has enough content I see no reason why it would not do decently.

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
It's not gpu issue, it's cpu issue. Even potato can calculate better lightning with decent speed on gpu, but not when we do it by js with all math calculations on js side.

Same issue, calculations on js side and probably by using slowest algorithms.

Only dynamic lightning effects and flicks, still better than unplayable fps for some users.
Try using newer pix, which can be found few pages earlier.

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Try using newer pix, which can be found few pages earlier.
Not changing anything, as I said it's not on gpu side (~0-10% gpu busy in stats) and pixi it's just render, fillRect (and other like that functions) which used in lighting for rendering not related to pixi even. And just noticed game launched in Canvas Mode means all rendering in software mode on cpu, forced in webgl mode and lighting not a issue anymore but animated characters now (webm), just lol.

Last edited:

CarlH

Jul 4, 2021
It's a cool game, but I don't understand all this talk about it being hard. Sure, you need to dodge zombies until you get to the sewer traders, but when they are open you have unlimited bullets (one of them sells the ingredients for black powder for less than the other buys black powder for = endless money). Then you can round up all the stragglers.
Just save your shotgun ammo for the tough spots as we don't have that pattern (yet?). Now we even got a proper rifle - just need a larger clip or faster reload :)

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Can you improve it?
Didn't looked in code of pathfinding and as I mentioned, main reason was cause my cpu was busy by rendering in software mode (canvas mode), but after switching to accelerated mode (webgl mode) it's has a lot of free time for pathfinding and I didn't see an any fps drop with pack of mobs when you leave building in the beginning.

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
Didn't looked in code of pathfinding and as I mentioned, main reason was cause my cpu was busy by rendering in software mode (canvas mode), but after switching to accelerated mode (webgl mode) it's has a lot of free time for pathfinding and I didn't see an any fps drop with pack of mobs when you leave building in the beginning.
That's odd. For me the game always starts in webgl.
We'll see if we can launch game in webgl forcibly for everyone.

kjlopo

Jun 16, 2020
HI. i have problems with the police station i can't see anything and i'm stuck, anyone have the same problem? can you help me go on at least when you turn on the light?

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
When you enter the police station where is a straight way right into the garage. Just go up once you are inside the station. In the garage there is a junction box on the wall.

Dec 9, 2018
You have to turn the power on first, then all light switches become available. Going without the light is a suicide. We still let people do it just to show that this is a bad idea;)
Personally I kept missing the light switch on the outside. The logo of the police station at the wall on which the switch is made it hard to notice to me. Needed to check around the posts here for it.

Now to figure out where I missed the code to get the locker in there open...

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
Personally I kept missing the light switch on the outside. The logo of the police station at the wall on which the switch is made it hard to notice to me. Needed to check around the posts here for it.

Now to figure out where I missed the code to get the locker in there open...
If you want to open the locker you have to read emails from the PC at holding cells.

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes