Vatana Batata

Sep 8, 2016
Controls are really unfriendly. I know the game isn't intended for playing on android but still disappointing about how spread out the controls are which makes it entirely unplayable on phone even if the game works.

Elo91

Apr 21, 2024
Loving the visual style and atmosphere! I realize this is a super early version so we might just be repeating stuff you already know and are working on, but I'd like to risk it and add some friendly critique. <3 Mostly about the controls and user experience:
  • The controls are needlessly spread out. There's a whole bunch of buttons near WASD that aren't I or T and would make for a much smoother experience
  • When you interact with something, you'll get an item window that can't be navigated with keyboard and can even contain extra confirmation dialogues for stacks of ammo again with no short hand commands. You can also get stuck waiting on character dialogue and choices like "use boltcutters" etc.
    • Yet the enemies don't stop moving!
    • This creates a frustrating gameplay loop where the main difficulty is all about battling the UI and controls with frequent savescumming
With those in mind, if you could do something simple like this I think it would just improve the experience so much:
  1. Let us navigate the inventory with the keyboard, and cancel out of it with esc / pressing inventory again (even if the cursor happens to be on the item window, which rn prevents esc from working). Simply letting us use arrows to navigate all the way up to the inventory tabs, or using the page up / down buttons to switch tabs would work perfectly. :>
  2. If there was an option to always aim in the direction you're facing (so those who want to leave it disabled and still use mouse could), that would make for optional 1h controls with just slightly less finesse than KB+M. With something extra like "hold shift while pressing A/D to pan your aim left/right", even that would be fixed.
  3. Honestly I would consider just pausing the game during interactions regardless... but I get the Project Zomboid feel of having to work under duress. That said, if you want to go for that feel you have to improve that user experience. :) At least let us instantly cancel out of actions & animations so we can defend ourselves, please.
  4. Also I'd love a load command to the in-game menu. At least in its current state there's a whole lot of loading due to shots missing, taking dmg from those instant attacks when using melee etc, something we just can't afford to do without loading considering the lack of resources... and that loop of exiting to title -> load -> repeat really doesn't add much to the game. Ofc. better if the issues weren't even there so loading wasn't as necessary in the first place
Thanks again for your work and really looking forward to what's coming!

Edit: Edited the above a bit after playing further, I'm seriously loving the game so far!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TeddyRosevelt9

Elo91

Apr 21, 2024
When I use the book, the option to create the ammunition for cal.308 does not appear.
I wonder if it is because I still can't find the shotgun template?

EDIT: Nevermind I had to find the recipe and I found it through Jil dancing naked with the merchant. lol
Wait how? I did all of the dance quests and didn't find anything? I have neither the recipe nor the template for shotties, finished everything before the mall afaik. Scoured every corner everywhere I could go. xD

Also that licker thing in the police station? Hope you see it later but after I was done with the place I even went back there to make sure I didn't miss anything, never found the thing. About to head for mall next so I'll see if I come across more stuff there, just paranoid about it since the game does warn you to finish everything else before. :)

Also does anyone have a tip on how to get stacks of stuff out of storage? It's bugged to heck so when you try to pick up say Sulphur and it opens the stack window, clicking on it instead takes out whatever is beneath. I just spent like 5+ minutes fuming at the thing & trying to re-sort the stacked stuff to the bottom row with my tiny carry capacity, just to get 2 bandages out of there. x.x Dragging doesn't work either. Besides stuff like that this game is amazing!

riai

Nov 25, 2017
I arrived on this position at the Police Station. Is this the armory? If it is: I can't enter while I have the Blue and the Red card. What did I do wrong?
1717883647201.png

stolvers

Jun 24, 2017
I can’t remember the name of the game, most likely the game has a mixed tag, like Jrpg (I didn’t particularly remember the platform) two police officers come to the house, but only a girl comes there, and so we actually play for her, there are puzzles. The genre is supposedly horror, we kill zombies, frogs and some other main monster, the game was at the development stage. There are similarities with PROJECT VENUS but the platform is older.

cates

Sep 12, 2018
I can’t remember the name of the game, most likely the game has a mixed tag, like Jrpg (I didn’t particularly remember the platform) two police officers come to the house, but only a girl comes there, and so we actually play for her, there are puzzles. The genre is supposedly horror, we kill zombies, frogs and some other main monster, the game was at the development stage. There are similarities with PROJECT VENUS but the platform is older.
You mean this? Carnal Outbreak

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes