Unity Abandoned Project: Virtuality [Combat Demo] [Hakamoru]

Onomatopoeiaa

Jun 26, 2018
Hey guys! I'm releasing a new tech demo today :cool:

I hope you enjoy it and I'm eager to read your feedback. With this tech demo I wanted to showcase the new terrain and give a little glimpse of the open world functionality that will be implemented soon™, as well as having multiple characters interact with the MC in the same quest. Also, as you may find out, I've taken a new angle ;) to the lewd scene. Let me know if you like this new approach!

This is by no means the final product, but I believe it is enough to convey the vision I have for the main game. That's why the next demos will be focused on revamping the RPG functionalities, combat and locomotion system and autoupdate launcher, among other things.

On a final note, all of the dialogues and story so far were just created for the demos and have no relation to the main story, besides taking into consideration the personality and main traits of the characters.
Going to check it out, but I would suggest you to add changelog to the OP post. It helps people decide if they should try the new version or not. Also lowers confusion about things they should be looking for in new version.

P.S - During first few seconds of playing got stuck in a rock next the spawn XD
P.S.2 - Using quit to title freezes the game.

Last edited:

Hakamoru

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
"High Quality" is too extreme.
Hi alkay321! Thanks for playing :)
I've already done work regarding the quality. I addressed it on a .
Before releasing the more optimized bodies I will be focusing on the RPG, combat and locomotion systems, tho. After that you'll get to know a new character, so stay tuned!

Damn looks sweet bro, keep up the good work! Hopefully when this turns into an actual game I can cheat it <3 ;)
Thanks S0ul! I'll make sure to contact you for a beta testing then :LOL:

Reactions: S0ul

Hakamoru

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
Going to check it out, but I would suggest you to add changelog to the OP post. It helps people decide if they should try the new version or not. Also lowers confusion about things they should be looking for in new version.

P.S - During first few seconds of playing got stuck in a rock next the spawn XD
P.S.2 - Using quit to title freezes the game.
First of all, thanks for playing Onomatopoeiaa! Did you like it?

Every tech demo will be independent from one another. I'm uploading them only to showcase what I'm developing so you guys can enjoy it before the actual game. As they're more like different 'games' rather than updates of the same 'game' I didn't post a changelog. I get what you're saying tho, so I'll make sure to write a description of what the player can expect for the following updates. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, I'll be cheking out the collisions for the rock and that quit to tittle bug, but I've never experienced the last one. Are you using Windows?

Rasler321

Jun 4, 2017
Hi alkay321! Thanks for playing :)
I've already done work regarding the quality. I addressed it on a .
Before releasing the more optimized bodies I will be focusing on the RPG, combat and locomotion systems, tho. After that you'll get to know a new character, so stay tuned!
No worries, the problem I usually have with the majority of "high quality" games. Is that the developers simply forget about that class in highschool called "performance". So many games that looks like ps7 AAA games, but they just burn down your pc with -20fps. Performance is key.

olysx

Nov 18, 2018
in tech demo 3 it says find the key and wool, i got the key but there's no monster or something. Where can i find wool?

Reactions: Hakamoru

Onomatopoeiaa

Jun 26, 2018
First of all, thanks for playing Onomatopoeiaa! Did you like it?

Every tech demo will be independent from one another. I'm uploading them only to showcase what I'm developing so you guys can enjoy it before the actual game. As they're more like different 'games' rather than updates of the same 'game' I didn't post a changelog. I get what you're saying tho, so I'll make sure to write a description of what the player can expect for the following updates. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, I'll be cheking out the collisions for the rock and that quit to tittle bug, but I've never experienced the last one. Are you using Windows?
Yes I am using windows. When i was trying the game yesterday, whenever I tried to use the quit to title button in the menu
in-game the game always froze. and i had to close it. Personally I am really looking forward to this game ever since the last tech demo. (You kinda disappointed me with the scene tho :* ) The new tech demo didn't bring much new to the game to normal user. They could see open world, but almost all of the open world in demo was without anything interesting happening. When you start making open world for the real game. I would suggest to highlight important places in some way (tree with character bigger than others, just somehow make it more noticeable to the eye) because i couldnt find for a while the jealous girl.
All in all you have a pretty interesting basics that could become a really interesting game and i hope that it will be as good as r-life is becoming.

Last edited:

Onomatopoeiaa

Jun 26, 2018
in tech demo 3 it says find the key and wool, i got the key but there's no monster or something. Where can i find wool?
There are rats in woods around the cabin. They are small so they are hard to notice. And the surroundings doesnt look anything special so they are hard to find.

Hakamoru

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
No worries, the problem I usually have with the majority of "high quality" games. Is that the developers simply forget about that class in highschool called "performance". So many games that looks like ps7 AAA games, but they just burn down your pc with -20fps. Performance is key.
I know what you mean. My own computer isn't top of the line and I test everything before sharing it with you guys, so you can be sure I won't be releasing an unplayable 4K game lol.

Reactions: Rasler321

Hakamoru

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
There are rats in woods around the cabin. They are small so they are hard to notice. And the surroundings doesnt look anything special so they are hard to find.
This is correct olysx ! Thanks for your help Onomatopoeiaa :)

I was torn between making an idiot proof demo, guiding the player to the places they need to go, and making it a little of a challenge, so they could use explore a little bit more. Right now it certainly appears like I succeeded not making it stupidly easy, but I overlooked the fact that the surroundings and characters need to stand out, even more when I'm planning on an open world game.

Hakamoru

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
Yes I am using windows. When i was trying the game yesterday, whenever I tried to use the quit to title button in the menu
in-game the game always froze. and i had to close it. Personally I am really looking forward to this game ever since the last tech demo. (You kinda disappointed me with the scene tho :* ) The new tech demo didn't bring much new to the game to normal user. They could see open world, but almost all of the open world in demo was without anything interesting happening. When you start making open world for the real game. I would suggest to highlight important places in some way (tree with character bigger than others, just somehow make it more noticeable to the eye) because i couldnt find for a while the jealous girl.
All in all you have a pretty interesting basics that could become a really interesting game and i hope that it will be as good as r-life is becoming.
Regarding the in-game menu, it will see complete changes in the following updates. I'm aware that right now that aspect is barely functional (never encountered that specific error tho), but I'm already working on it.

I'm sorry to disappoint :( I know you guys want to fuck the girls ass since tech demo 1, but let's be pacient. I will be releasing little teases and progressively making the scenes more sexual, but this won't be another sex simulator with dating system. I'm aiming on a full RPG game that has sex and dating systems integrated in it's very core.

But if you can help me with ideas for the upcoming scenes, I'm all ears!

Thanks for your feedback about making stuff noticeable, it's actually helping me to plan the game better :)

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Regarding the in-game menu, it will see complete changes in the following updates. I'm aware that right now that aspect is barely functional (never encountered that specific error tho), but I'm already working on it.

I'm sorry to disappoint :( I know you guys want to fuck the girls ass since tech demo 1, but let's be pacient. I will be releasing little teases and progressively making the scenes more sexual, but this won't be another sex simulator with dating system. I'm aiming on a full RPG game that has sex and dating systems integrated in it's very core.

But if you can help me with ideas for the upcoming scenes, I'm all ears!

Thanks for your feedback about making stuff noticeable, it's actually helping me to plan the game better :)
WTF is this?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hakamoru

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
Finally a serious and interesting game. It's a pity that it's just a demo version. I hope you'll make a full version as well.
Thank you for trying this demo! I'll definitely be making this a full game, but it might take sometime as I'm doing this all on my own and just in my spare time :( Don't worry tho, I'm committed to this and posting updates continuously on my Patreon page, as well as Twitter and Discord.

Hakamoru

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
WTF is this?
WTF is this?
The MC is trapped in a box at the start of the second part of the demo v2. Meanwhile, there's a camera on the bed in Nicole's room where they have a little convo. That said, you shouldn't be seeing that.

I've never seen that bug before. Are you using Windows? What did you do before? Where you clicking too much or pressing multiple keys at the same time? Have you tried reinstalling?

Remember this is just a demo, a mean to showcase the girls and some features the game will have. But for the next demos I'll be including a more robust system, UI tweaks, better bodies and a lot more things.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
The MC is trapped in a box at the start of the second part of the demo v2. Meanwhile, there's a camera on the bed in Nicole's room where they have a little convo. That said, you shouldn't be seeing that.

I've never seen that bug before. Are you using Windows? What did you do before? Where you clicking too much or pressing multiple keys at the same time? Have you tried reinstalling?

Remember this is just a demo, a mean to showcase the girls and some features the game will have. But for the next demos I'll be including a more robust system, UI tweaks, better bodies and a lot more things.
i see... so you teleport the player in "stasis" and replace him with a static cam.
this actually happened 3 times.
1) i used cheats to skip the first part of the game so i can see the new content (gave myself 999 emeralds).
Then i skipped all the dialogue by spamming the mouse. got stuck.
2) i loaded a save before i gave her the tainted water. skipped dialogue, got stuck at the H Scene (camera didn't fade to black all the way), had to load 3 more times.
3) This time i restarted the game. No cheats. Slowly progressed the dialogue. Got to the cat scene. Very carefully clicked on the text. Still got stuck.

windows10 64bit.

any way you could try to add a "skip scene" or a "Continue" button in the next update?
That way if someone gets stuck, they just click that button and the next scene loads.
Or maybe add a debug menu with "skip" "teleport player" "respawn player" that type of stuff.

Hakamoru

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
i see... so you teleport the player in "stasis" and replace him with a static cam.
this actually happened 3 times.
1) i used cheats to skip the first part of the game so i can see the new content (gave myself 999 emeralds).
Then i skipped all the dialogue by spamming the mouse. got stuck.
2) i loaded a save before i gave her the tainted water. skipped dialogue, got stuck at the H Scene (camera didn't fade to black all the way), had to load 3 more times.
3) This time i restarted the game. No cheats. Slowly progressed the dialogue. Got to the cat scene. Very carefully clicked on the text. Still got stuck.

windows10 64bit.

any way you could try to add a "skip scene" or a "Continue" button in the next update?
That way if someone gets stuck, they just click that button and the next scene loads.
Or maybe add a debug menu with "skip" "teleport player" "respawn player" that type of stuff.
I like the Continue button idea. I promise I'll look into it, but the next update will be very different and won't need to skip anything.

I'm aware of the current save system poor performance. It will be completely different the next time.

I'm guessing something broke when you cheated the first time, but I didn't even consider it when testing. Will definitely do for the following releases tho.

Thanks a lot for playing and your feed back, dude! Make sure to try the demo V3 as well!

Reactions: fzdc