156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I realize there's already been criticism of the devs in this thread, but it couldn't hurt to add my own, I suppose.

I haven't tried the new version yet, but from what I'm reading in this thread it doesn't sound like anything remotely worth two years of development time. I think that if someone was to make a game on their own they would be much quicker than this "team" is. Either their code base is a total mess, their collaboration methods are a total mess, or both.

Not too long ago I talked on their forums about their use of ad.fly links, and that they shouldn't use those. Another user pointed that out before me as well. And what do you get? Some ignorant white knights that just say you shouldn't complain to them and they should be left alone. Seriously, what is wrong with these people. I guess it's the subject matter that attracts a certain type of person.

This game will never see its completion, I agree with that. And if it does, it'll be a miracle. They really ought to be more transparent about their workflow and be more open to feedback. Instead the impression I get is that they do whatever they want however they want without really disclosing any information until you have a release.

I remember a year or two ago for an April Fool's joke they made a teaser for a hypothetical update. This teaser featured a sprite of Vanilla, which probably took more effort to make than their latest update.

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
I realize there's already been criticism of the devs in this thread, but it couldn't hurt to add my own, I suppose.

I haven't tried the new version yet, but from what I'm reading in this thread it doesn't sound like anything remotely worth two years of development time. I think that if someone was to make a game on their own they would be much quicker than this "team" is. Either their code base is a total mess, their collaboration methods are a total mess, or both.

Not too long ago I talked on their forums about their use of ad.fly links, and that they shouldn't use those. Another user pointed that out before me as well. And what do you get? Some ignorant white knights that just say you shouldn't complain to them and they should be left alone. Seriously, what is wrong with these people. I guess it's the subject matter that attracts a certain type of person.

This game will never see its completion, I agree with that. And if it does, it'll be a miracle. They really ought to be more transparent about their workflow and be more open to feedback. Instead the impression I get is that they do whatever they want however they want without really disclosing any information until you have a release.

I remember a year or two ago for an April Fool's joke they made a teaser for a hypothetical update. This teaser featured a sprite of Vanilla, which probably took more effort to make than their latest update.
About the other one that spoke about the download link a more. well.jpg

tommor

Dec 20, 2017
Dunno if im doing it right but here's a zippyshare link to the saves that have full gallery unlocked (saves from 7.4 but unlocks everything in 7.8)

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I just checked the game myself, or at least the gallery, and everything was unlocked right out of the box. No save required.

The new animations are in line with what I expected, with the rest of the cast also having reskins where these ones are, but it's still disappointing for two years.

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
I just checked the game myself, or at least the gallery, and everything was unlocked right out of the box. No save required.

The new animations are in line with what I expected, with the rest of the cast also having reskins where these ones are, but it's still disappointing for two years.
Reskins?

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Yes. Pretty much the exact same animation but with different colour and some adjustments to make it look like another character. The same thing you've been seeing throughout the game with some exceptions if you've played it before.

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
Yes. Pretty much the exact same animation but with different colour and some adjustments to make it look like another character. The same thing you've been seeing throughout the game with some exceptions if you've played it before.
Oh I thought I missed something, yeh nah, I didn't even bother playing anything. Really disappointing.

whateverbro

Nov 23, 2018
last time when i played this cream
That was released January 2019 and all it came to was a less creative gallery and a lot of broken gameplay with nothing related to apparent updates they were supposedly working on in regards of content. What do you expect with such a controlling team whom refuse to show the tiniest of updates without proof of actually doing anything? Even on their Discord, it is nothing but about baby cuddling Zeta and how her life is and has nothing in regards to game progress and recently even stated that the game is all for her, in total disrespect towards many of the games fans:

View attachment 466539
i tried makeing people realize they get fucked over for other games, but they never listen man. If i could apply any logic it would be that this is just about some weird financial domination kink, so that they willingly throw money at these kind of developers. It is just so confuseing for me what reasons there might be, maybe some kind of denial.

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
from what I'm reading in this thread it doesn't sound like anything remotely worth two years of development time. I think that if someone was to make a game on their own they would be much quicker than this "team" is. Either their code base is a total mess, their collaboration methods are a total mess, or both.
See, your mistake is assuming they've been developing at all in the last 2 years. They've actually straight up said that they were taking a break from active development. I don't know why you would assume anything else, or judge them based on said assumption. It just doesn't seem like fair criticism to me.

That said, yes the update is tiny and hardly worth it. Unless they show willingness to updating it regularly, then this game isn't worth keeping an eye on, still.

Oct 12, 2018
IIRC this game has been being worked on since 2008, so before too long we will be hitting the 12 year mark.
The project pre-dates Patreon and they never got with the times, so they often reminded people to donate via Paypal or whatever.

They will make every lame and tried excuse in the book if you ask them why they take so long to produce the bare minimum of content.
Eh, to be completely fair the game is still free to play for whoever chooses, you don't HAVE to give money unless you decide to in the end. Them asking for donations is just that in the end, them asking for it, not demanding it in any sort or form really. Donations at that are basically just that too, donations, you really can't expect much from it in the end as if it was a long term investment of some sort.

But yeah, this game has been in development since the late 2000's, I still remember playing both this and Nanocrisis around the sametime and thinking they were both amazing for the time, which they were really, and still both hold up as pretty solid games in terms of H-content. While 10+ years is DEFINITELY a long time and in hindsight the game probably could have been finished off at just 1-3 stages, or if it were being treated as a job or perhaps managed properly finished in easily half the time for what they seem to be aiming for with a completed product, I haven't ever seen this game as much more than a hobby for those making it, and something that probably blew up a bit more than it was ever meant to. Naturally people want to see it finished after so long, but still, negativity isn't going to help in the slightest really, and as far as I know this update, or perhaps one more after this is supposed to be the last for a long time as they plan on putting the game on ice due to it just not being enjoyable/taxing to make/manage at this point, though its been awhile since I've read the post on it.

Of course, devs probably could have handled certain situations in the past much better than they did given some of the drama that comes to mind, but really, just try to treat this game as a pleasant surprise when it gets updated rather than actively trying to keep up with it and such, there are other games in development that will give you far more reward in terms of that right now as this one has always felt like a bit of a long haul, or at least since I first started following it anyways.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Axeltheflurryofflames, this is taken from the update post on their forums:

We're now going to restructure how we develop Project X and we hope to be a lot more communicative with you, the community!
You should be hearing and seeing a lot more of us here on the forums as well, here's to a brighter future for the project!
So it doesn't sound like they're putting the project on ice. But as always, actions speak louder than words. I'd like to see them improve their communication skills first.

Reactions: Xol

Mαlice

Jun 10, 2018
Axeltheflurryofflames, this is taken from the update post on their forums:

So it doesn't sound like they're putting the project on ice. But as always, actions speak louder than words. I'd like to see them improve their communication skills first.
Which since then, Miles has gone straight back to ignoring all comments and questions unless it is mentioned in the "Bills Bills Bills" topic, which is one of the three threads they kept out of archives and he makes certain to constantly keep in check of that thread and answer straight away but cannot be blessed to do it for the rest of the forums.

People are just pissed off at them for having the nerve to ask people for money via donation when they have not provided any communication or answers towards enquiries and have been full on disrespectful to those who had given opinions and advice in regards to level design and mechanics, which the team themselves asked for.

Overall, those that ripped the game of its contents and shared it online for everyone are only those the team treated wrong, so all the drama they have gotten over the years is their own doing due to how they react to people when they do nothing wrong.

Last edited:

dmeeren

Nov 16, 2019
Whats up with these virusses?

Trojan.Malware.7164915.susgen
Malicious.moderate.ml.score
W32.Malware.Gen
Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Whats up with these virusses?

Trojan.Malware.7164915.susgen
Malicious.moderate.ml.score
W32.Malware.Gen
Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT

Obviously false positives. One of which was removed on re-scan probably because the signatures were updated after 1 day of detection.

Reactions: Xol

Jellyluve

Apr 17, 2017
Is anyone else having a bug in the gallery where all you can see to the background without any characters? It might just be that i'm using an old save ill try and run though the game again when I get more time just to make sure if it's just me. If it is the old save doing it you may want to tell people that this update makes you start from scratch.

heybeterino

Aug 28, 2017
If anyone needs a full save, it appears my old save from like 2-3 versions ago still works (boss gallery and sound test included.) Here is the zip, just place the folder in the directory / replace everything in saves w/ everything in this folder.
crashes to me whenever i load it

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes