OdinM

Feb 6, 2019
I tried around with the party feature (red flag in the bottom right) and it does help with the combat issues. Prepare parties with all the goblins you get and don't plan to use for breeding and if the current defenders go down to perhaps 1 or 2 goblins drag a new party onto there.

Reactions: flannan

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
I wonder if placing humans down for defense is unintended considering how finicky it is. Besides the weirdness with placing them, if they fall in combat you can recollect them just like if they were defeated as enemies. While they're fallen down though, they still count towards the total defense points. So if you don't collect them quickly, you can't deploy more defenders.

That aside though, I pretty much feel like I need to use humans now due to the addition of the crossbow goblins... The crossbow goblins are sooo bad considering the deployment cost and they reduce the amount of the other goblins you get haha. The game is so much harder now than it was in the previous version.

CyanCoyote

Feb 27, 2018
I mean. There is a number of responses for this one but here's my two.

1. This is more of a point for Monster Black Market atm since Goblins are humanoids so they're not too far outside the realm.

2. The artist will do what they want, it's their game. They'll put what they feel like putting in it. Don't like it, I can't really help you there friend.
I mean in Black Market there are kemonomimi with furry arms and legs, ears and tail but can't make a furry monster girl slave just like the handful of monster males? that's a bit absurd. Project R has a monster female goblin.

PKR505

May 21, 2019
I can explain this one!
The game is actually really, really finicky about where you place them, dropping them on the wooden posts (here) :
View attachment 3871977
works best.
also, contrary to the pic above, don't use Nuns or shortstacks for defence, they are well... really bad at their job.
Shortstacks seem best if you want to pass goblin stats to a human female (via MC)
Nun's are great because they can produce archer offspring (with the MC) that only have 1 deployment cost.

*edit, nvm, seems you do need to drop on top of an existing unit for them to be usable.... lame
i just know that you can turn slave into soldier but it requiare a goblin first in 3 stack then you can add slave, there a bug where enemy coming they freez but actualy not freez but glitch can't attack and vibrate

Reactions: iixviiiix

Danny1144

Feb 21, 2020
I mean in Black Market there are kemonomimi with furry arms and legs, ears and tail but can't make a furry monster girl slave just like the handful of monster males? that's a bit absurd. Project R has a monster female goblin.
I'm not really gonna argue anymore after this but hey. Creator's choice. Don't like what they chose? Find a different game? I dunno man, pick up modding then add it in yourself. And like I mentioned, Goblins aren't really furries. Don't know what to tell you, my dude. I'm not the creator, they draw a line where they draw the line. I don't even know where they specifically state there won't be furries in this game.

Nov 9, 2022
From what I played,
I like the shortstack's design and the anim and hopefully there will be an extra one between mc and shortstack in the future (probably not, but hoping that there's just some condition that needs to be filled like depravity/near death). As for they're mechancis, I don't exactly know what to do with them beyond giving goblin stats to a slave.
1 nearly takes half the space for a side and needs meatshields since they're practically a sitting duck, and they can't even mate with goblins for more troops (Might be because it might be too much of an exploit, and/or shortstacks only want to mate with MC because strength, hierarchy, etc.). If they're meant to be powerhouses then I don't mind the space they take if their base stats are buffed or are given a good enough skill, and I do think they have a higher chance of spawning than they should, course it most likely just to preview them but I do think it could've been a better idea to have one to start out in one of the surface rooms and set the spawn rate to 1/1000 or something.

Speaking of, as for the 4 surface rooms, I don't necessarily see the need to have 4 if we just have 1 guy (unless there's cloning or MC can have male offspring later), and I would think it would be better to have 1 single room where you can put ~4 or more slaves/shortstacks into a queue that will rotate between fucking you (or even team up for a threeway or so) if we're only going to have 1 human guy. Other than that, I think the anims for slaves there look nice too.

Also, I did see someone managing to get some slaves on defense and I never even knew that was a thing with how finnicky it is to place them (I tried to put them in a squad too but no dice so probably not intentional unless its just a bug). If its not intentional, then I do hope that there is at least a slave master in the future that essentially issues commands to leashed slaves and/or goblin riders riding on mind-broken slaves.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Also, I did see someone managing to get some slaves on defense and I never even knew that was a thing with how finnicky it is to place them (I tried to put them in a squad too but no dice so probably not intentional unless its just a bug). If its not intentional, then I do hope that there is at least a slave master in the future that essentially issues commands to leashed slaves and/or goblin riders riding on mind-broken slaves.
Problem seems to be that characters don't currently regen HP, so if you capture a girl from combat, she'll have 0 HP. Seems like you can only place the starter girls that are healthy on defense atm. Easy to miss that the girls you capture remain at 0 HP and still function as breeders, lol.

Edit: Nvm, even that doesn't work all the time. Found a funny bug too where if you drag and drop a defeated enemy on your barricade, they'll kill your goblins too and most the gobs won't fight back lol. Welp, I have no idea how I managed to place humans there before, it's certainly a buggy mess atm. If you right click the player character he fucking vanishes off the face of the earth too. You can also place babies in combat and they appear fully grown.

Last edited:

AserDevil

Aug 18, 2020
What's wrong with those textures ? How can I fix this... from time to time animations are fine, but most of the time characters have blacked animations.

1722149308871.png

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
What's wrong with those textures ? How can I fix this... from time to time animations are fine, but most of the time characters have blacked animations.

View attachment 3875177
Apparently, the game expects the system clock to be set to English(USA) standard. Otherwise, it will do strange things like that.
This is a bug, and it will be fixed eventually.

You can also place babies in combat and they appear fully grown.
Fear my army of combat babies!
This is even sillier than my combat chickens from Mad Island.

Danny1144

Feb 21, 2020
Just Saying.
I dunno how you attempted to quote that but it looks odd dude. Leave the text between the Quote and /Quote alone and it'll look normal, just type under it.

Apparently, the game expects the system clock to be set to English(USA) standard. Otherwise, it will do strange things like that.
This is a bug, and it will be fixed eventually.

Fear my army of combat babies!
This is even sillier than my combat chickens from Mad Island.
This sounds awesome, what if we did combat babies riding chickens into battle, Minecraft Style.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Does anyone have any advice for a new player? I can't seem to make it past wave 10 no matter how selective I am about breeding. I've a few questions too. Can you pause the games progress so you have time to manage your settlement, can you heal your settlement and your soliders and is there anyway to delete slaves. My invitory becomes pretty mucky after awhile with slaves that I simply don't need any longer.

Kod2222

Oct 26, 2023
Does anyone have any advice for a new player? I can't seem to make it past wave 10 no matter how selective I am about breeding. I've a few questions too. Can you pause the games progress so you have time to manage your settlement, can you heal your settlement and your soliders and is there anyway to delete slaves. My invitory becomes pretty mucky after awhile with slaves that I simply don't need any longer.
just deploy deploy till you kill the enemy thats how i pass wave 15
and deploy the slave to the battle

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim
Aug 8, 2020
They added traits but haven't implemented the code for monsters/slaves to inherit them?

Either this is a bug or they really just put it there as a test. Either way not much changed in gameplay besides the new 'party' system but really it's just a quick way to mount defenses instead of dragging your monster one by one.

It's the equivalent of loading a mag instead of a single bullet.

Danny1144

Feb 21, 2020
They added traits but haven't implemented the code for monsters/slaves to inherit them?

Either this is a bug or they really just put it there as a test. Either way not much changed in gameplay besides the new 'party' system but really it's just a quick way to mount defenses instead of dragging your monster one by one.

It's the equivalent of loading a mag instead of a single bullet.
As someone else put it, the code to inherit exists but the application of those inherited changes doesn't seem to work.

So I checked, and the stats are only applied to stat blocks of slaves captured from raids. They are not applied to stat blocks of anyone bred in your facility, goblin or human or shortstack.
It is not clear if this is a purely visual bug, or they are not applied to combat as well.
See here.

4.60 star(s) 14 Votes