How should the Promises S1 Backstory prologue and intro scenes be continued?

• Temp Hold on Backstory

• Separate the Backstory

• Leave it Alone

Results are only viewable after voting.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Thanks for the update! Always very much appreciated.
I'm enjoying this VN a lot, but it would really benefit from a walkthrough. So many critical choices so early before we have much context to choose. One question. If I pursue all the LIs, can this end in a harem, or am I going to end up devastated by disastrous consequences? Given all these early choices, if I have to manage a dozen separate paths, it would be really helpful to know now.

Really like the VN thanks so much for all your hard work.

Feb 17, 2018
This was the first time I played this game and I can say that I liked it. I'm curious to see how the story goes. Success in continuing the project!

Reactions: Wesieboy56

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I'm enjoying this VN a lot, but it would really benefit from a walkthrough. So many critical choices so early before we have much context to choose. One question. If I pursue all the LIs, can this end in a harem, or am I going to end up devastated by disastrous consequences? Given all these early choices, if I have to manage a dozen separate paths, it would be really helpful to know now.

One of the tags is harem.

Feb 17, 2018
The simplest answer to your questions is a page back. :)

Promises Season 1 Harem Walkthrough (v0.21e) (PDF)
Will release an in-game mod a little later

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
Just a heads up, got an error when trying this game out:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was able to bypass by ignoring it, but you might wanna have a look, just in case.
I'd say it's highly unlikely to run into this simply by 'trying out', as the very same variable is checked against a few lines prior. For someone to consistently run into this error, they'd have to have made a save on the choice menu, unpacked the .rpas containing the script files, afterwards deleted patch.rpy along with said rpas, and tried playing said save again.

Tiimx, how about moving has_patch to persistent? The behaviour wouldn't change (always false unless actual patch is present) save for situations like the above.

Reactions: Tiimx

Blacklight38

Apr 29, 2019
I'd say it's highly unlikely to run into this simply by 'trying out', as the very same variable is checked against a few lines prior. For someone to consistently run into this error, they'd have to have made a save on the choice menu, unpacked the .rpas containing the script files, afterwards deleted patch.rpy along with said rpas, and tried playing said save again.

Tiimx, how about moving has_patch to persistent? The behaviour wouldn't change (always false unless actual patch is present) save for situations like the above.
That kinda seems highly specific. However, the only thing I did was use the patch and play the game; no unpacking involved. I don't remember, but I might have made a save at the choice menu. Aside from that, no idea how I got this to happen. I also can't speak for consistency since I only encountered it once, I think.

Reactions: Hordragg

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
This Hannah LI, where did she come from out of the blue? The dialogue acts like we met her before but the first time I think I encountered her was in the library, right before getting Molly off in the library. Did others meet her earlier, if you took different branches(and the coding did not account for my choices) or are we just saying we met her and promised to call her sometime before the game starts?

I like many things about the game but that one thing threw me for a loop.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
This Hannah LI, where did she come from out of the blue? The dialogue acts like we met her before but the first time I think I encountered her was in the library, right before getting Molly off in the library. Did others meet her earlier, if you took different branches(and the coding did not account for my choices) or are we just saying we met her and promised to call her sometime before the game starts?

I like many things about the game but that one thing threw me for a loop.
You originally meet Hannah in a store where she works with her cousin and your I assume old friend Phill, It's shortly after the flashback of when Linda & Jessica meet. I don't think you can miss it.

Reactions: lunar517

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
You originally meet Hannah in a store where she works with her cousin and your I assume old friend Phill, It's shortly after the flashback of when Linda & Jessica meet. I don't think you can miss it.
I guess my memory failed me then.

scannatore

Jul 11, 2017
I like Molly, Hannah and the sex addict teacher. And the waitress with small boobs.
But i'm not sure about the other girls/women. Too easy.
I mean i can see he have a chance with Molly. He only need to grab her.
Hannah is easy to understand.
I had a similar weird teacher when in high school. Well, not interested in me... Good for her.
The horny twins have always been one of my dreams. 10/10 for me.
But i cannot see a reason for the others. The MC have a secret pheromone?

Reactions: Lord Grim and Tiimx

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Damn this harem is going to be tricky I hope it works out and you'd think the mc would have a less...conspicuous hairstyle considering the profession he's in.

Last edited:

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
MC sucks at shooting guns.... I am afraid that he won't be able to hit his targets even from point blank range
I am using prepatched version Android.... But I still didn't get the option to walk in on your cousin Ashley
Can we get permanent save file location for Android?

Last edited:

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
"Step-cest" is the only planned taboo for both season 1 and season 2, correct.

Edit: Unless you consider "half-cest" as a separate taboo category :D "
Yea if we are talking they are half related (ie same father, different mothers) then i do make a distinction between them as Half siblings are still blood related

4.50 star(s) 14 Votes