How should the Promises S1 Backstory prologue and intro scenes be continued?

• Temp Hold on Backstory

• Separate the Backstory

• Leave it Alone

Results are only viewable after voting.

MythMackay

Feb 29, 2020
I hate asking this type of question, truly, but I really need to know before I continue playing this game. In regards to the MC and the patch, does it enable anything more "taboo" than step-cest? I've searched this thread and believe the answer is "no", but I wanted to make sure before moving on. Thanks in advance.

Tiimx

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
I hate asking this type of question, truly, but I really need to know before I continue playing this game. In regards to the MC and the patch, does it enable anything more "taboo" than step-cest? I've searched this thread and believe the answer is "no", but I wanted to make sure before moving on. Thanks in advance.
"Step-cest" is the only planned taboo for both season 1 and season 2, correct.

Edit: Unless you consider "half-cest" as a separate taboo category :D "

Reactions: MythMackay

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Nope it does not work for me. The models are not good as they appear to be all of the same age and also not fond of this style of artwork. Too many odd loose ends. The Ferrari; just the upkeep alone is beyond the pale. Too many tats.
No. Good luck and bye.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Promises [v0.21e] [Tiimx] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,98 GB / 765 MB - Promises-0.21e-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,94 GB / 731 MB - Promises-0.21e-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - - Gofile

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
UnRen v.0.12v4 (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

RyukXaos

Aug 29, 2020
other than adding a gallery and removing the flashbacks? not sure what you would call it. The only other negative I can mention would be the MCs face at some angles it just looks messed up with the deep-set eyes making a more prominent browline, at some angles the bridge of the nose looks messed up

Tiimx

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
other than adding a gallery and removing the flashbacks? not sure what you would call it. The only other negative I can mention would be the MCs face at some angles it just looks messed up with the deep-set eyes making a more prominent browline, at some angles the bridge of the nose looks messed up
Thanks for the feedback! We're only a year into production with Studio Neo, but we'll continue to work and adjust the models to look more appealing. Being our first project with HS2 models most of the designs are trial and error, but we'll definitely aim to improve their look as we get more familiar with the software.

As for the gallery we'll definitely look into having a more official gallery added to the menu.

And as for the flashbacks, the past-tense scenes are considered important to the storyline with events leading up to the present MC's life. Of course, if it's not something you enjoy there's always the option to skip ahead.

Tiimx

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
Nope it does not work for me. The models are not good as they appear to be all of the same age and also not fond of this style of artwork. Too many odd loose ends. The Ferrari; just the upkeep alone is beyond the pale. Too many tats.
No. Good luck and bye.
Thanks for the feedback! In the future, I'll make sure to make it even more obvious what style art it is in the cover images and banners so players can see if said art style is decent enough before hitting the download button ;)

4.50 star(s) 14 Votes