How should the Promises S1 Backstory prologue and intro scenes be continued?

• Temp Hold on Backstory

• Separate the Backstory

• Leave it Alone

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tiimx

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
The game has been enchanting, but I don't know if it is a mistake or a bug in my journey, but for example with Lisa, I chose to go to her house and end up in the park ... almost as if it didn't matter that she chose, she always left. finish in the park ... the truth is this type of options are the worst ... if there really is no change between one option or another, better not put it ... luck with the game.
Hello and thanks for the feedback! :) So in the game's first big patch ...I'm talking back in v0.04f there was a big change in the variable system which affected saved variables. If you made that choice back in the early episode 1 release before the patch it might be a good idea to restart with the new variables system as all of the choices from that patch release and newer all use this new system. If you are playing the game fresh (or from v0.08a and newer), then your choice should have the correct scene for the switch choice you chose. We can discuss further to see what exactly is wrong though.

Tiimx

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
Not possible for me. Using Android
I'll have an android patch released with this mod
This textbox mod works with most RenPy games. It doesn't overwrite any files, just drop y_outline.rpy into the game folder.
I'll look into having this in an android patch. Still looking at having a slider though so players have more control in game. but this works fine. Thanks.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
We have a thread here if you have any questions, feedback or requests!
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Reactions: Jester223 and Tiimx

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
is this a multiple protagonist or female protagonist? havent seen the male mc, and only seeing linda's perpective or did i download the wrong game lol

EDIT: ignore that, just read teh about page lol

Last edited:

HeavenKim

Oct 2, 2018
I'll have an android patch released with this mod

I'll look into having this in an android patch. Still looking at having a slider though so players have more control in game. but this works fine. Thanks.
Will it be too much trouble to add hide option for textbox instead?

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Intriguing... though because of how choice centered this game is, this one definitely needs a walkthrough. Lastly is Linda just gotta be some chick of some other guy? This Jack? Or whatever all the girls that have been introduced with her so far. Another one, there's an incest patch but what exact scene are we talking about here anyway? If there are incest scenes then I definitely missed it.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Intriguing... though because of how choice centered this game is, this one definitely needs a walkthrough. Lastly is Linda just gotta be some chick of some other guy? This Jack? Or whatever all the girls that have been introduced with her so far. Another one, there's an incest patch but what exact scene are we talking about here anyway? If there are incest scenes then I definitely missed it.
Not a developer or anything but I'm guessing the incest patch is for the scene with Cindy and Mindy who are twin sisters. Aunt May still calls you step-nephew which I believe is intended for the story? (didn't play without the patch so I don't know for sure). Also I'm thinking that Linda and Jack are your real parents and these flashbacks are going to reveal how we got to the present situation and what happened to them.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Oh shit, you may be onto something here. Did we ever get to know Jacks's last name?
Just went back and replayed the intro and Jack's father introduces himself as "William McSorely" so that confirms it. Not sure how I missed that the first time lol. The intro also ends with Linda saying something like "Me and Jack? a kid?" and then cuts to the protagonist so she probably is the mom unless some strange twist happens.

SteelToRust

Dec 13, 2021
This game was a pleasant surprise.
The overview was interesting and got my attention, but the pacing was what made me stay and keep playing. I feel like in an adult visual novel is usually very hard to find the correct balance between dates/sex scenes and the progress of the story when the two don't coincide. The game on this is doing a superb job.

The thing that just makes me a little skeptical is how every girl is throwing herself into the MC for now: while it makes sense for some, for others it's just strange. Lisa is the one that stood out on this to me the most: I can't believe there is no hidden intent behind how he acts towards the MC.

My only fear for the game right now is how many storylines are being presented together and I hope all of them are going to get the right amount of love to be closed in the best way possible. My favorite one, for now, is regarding the MC lost memories: I'm really curious to see how that will go on.

I'm also totally hyped up for the next chapter now though.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Pretty interesting so far.

One issue I've noticed is, in Chapter 3, on the way to the stripclub , if you don't meet with Molly, the scene that normally follows you telling Molly this wasn't a date shows up here. I think it skips the club scene after that, going directly to MC lamenting his failed test. The fix is to indent the section in the script with the label Switch8b one step further.

Tiimx

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
Pretty interesting so far.

One issue I've noticed is, in Chapter 3, on the way to the stripclub , if you don't meet with Molly, the scene that normally follows you telling Molly this wasn't a date shows up here. I think it skips the club scene after that, going directly to MC lamenting his failed test. The fix is to indent the section in the script with the label Switch8b one step further.
Thank you!

Reactions: RaBuddy

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
The MC looks wayy too much like a weird ass douche makes the game unplayable. Should just go first person.

Tiimx

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
The MC looks wayy too much like a weird ass douche makes the game unplayable. Should just go first person.
Thanks for your feedback, and sorry for the late reply. The 1st and 3rd person view of the game tries to balance both as future episodes are dependent on it and the MC's looks compared to his dad's plays a big role in the future story as well (not going to spoil). As for his looks... sorry it's not to your liking :p

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Man, that MC looks like a douche. Honey select MC's always look bad, but this one takes the cake.
When I saw his "hair" the first time, I literally lol-ed.

4.50 star(s) 14 Votes