How should the Promises S1 Backstory prologue and intro scenes be continued?

• Temp Hold on Backstory

• Separate the Backstory

• Leave it Alone

Results are only viewable after voting.

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
I swear dudes in games either are way too feminine or way too muscular. They never look like real humans.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
The story did catch my attention so I'd play future versions, the English was correct, the renders were acceptable if nothing fancy, that entire prologue with the girl felt sorta pointless so far though... was an oddly large size for what it is though, I'll make sure to wait for a compressed one in the future...

One error:
File "game/script.rpy", line 7196, in <module>
NameError: name 'Choice5a' is not defined

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
The story did catch my attention so I'd play future versions, the English was correct, the renders were acceptable if nothing fancy, that entire prologue with the girl felt sorta pointless so far though... was an oddly large size for what it is though, I'll make sure to wait for a compressed one in the future...

One error:
there's a fix coming tonight when Tiimx gets off rl work, there's some other fixes to be done with it, then once this is done a link will be posted, however as he didn't start the thread, he cannot change those.

That error only occurs when you choose not to continue with Cindy.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
I saw there 2 bugs on the game:
- first happens when selecting Stop with Cindy

- another is the one scene not showing, because the NTR is not set properly.

I created a quick fix to those 2 bugs (start new game for NTR scene switch):

Tiimx

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
I saw there 2 bugs on the game:
- first happens when selecting Stop with Cindy

- another is the one scene not showing, because the NTR is not set properly.

I created a quick fix to those 2 bugs (start new game for NTR scene switch):
Thanks! One of the editors from Dev team just fixed the two problems.

Reactions: ustar

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
The fuq ? whakanda senseless comment is that ?
I can say that the dev is wasting development time creating non-NTR content when that time can be used for creating more NTR content. Everyone in the world who is doing something I dont like is wasting their time when they can be doing something that I like.
Games that promise 2 "routes" or "content" in the same game in this way usually look bad, there are several examples, all focus on ntr and leaving basic or silly content on the not ntr path so I agree that it is ridiculous to make a ntr-centric game "avoidable" when it really loses all meaning, or to make a non-ntr game suddenly add to it to please a minority.

A game can please everyone by having ntr? Of course, but it should be done in principle, it should be an extra and not focus the whole game on it, as would any other fetish (footjob, urination, gay, futa, etc.), secondly, there should be few scenes and focus more on development of the story the main character.

If the above is not fulfilled, it is better that the game is 100% ntr not avoidable like the NTRMAN games and ready for the target public to enjoy them without problems, but sell the "illusion" that it is avoidable and perfectly enjoyable for all when the content It is NTR = 70% No-NTR = 30% is not right :cautious:.

We will have to wait to see what type this game is, there is also the problem of people who tell EVERYTHING NTR when it is not, since for some that a girl has sex with another man (even when she do not know the protagonist) is ntr (of course it is not) :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
Games that promise 2 "routes" or "content" in the same game in this way usually look bad, there are several examples, all focus on ntr and leaving basic or silly content on the not ntr path so I agree that it is ridiculous to make a ntr-centric game "avoidable" when it really loses all meaning, or to make a non-ntr game suddenly add to it to please a minority.

A game can please everyone by having ntr? Of course, but it should be done in principle, it should be an extra and not focus the whole game on it, as would any other fetish (footjob, urination, gay, futa, etc.), secondly, there should be few scenes and focus more on development of the story the main character.

If the above is not fulfilled, it is better that the game is 100% ntr not avoidable like the NTRMAN games and ready for the target public to enjoy them without problems, but sell the "illusion" that it is avoidable and perfectly enjoyable for all when the content It is NTR = 70% No-NTR = 30% is not right :cautious:.

We will have to wait to see what type this game is, there is also the problem of people who tell EVERYTHING NTR when it is not, since for some that a girl has sex with another man (even when she do not know the protagonist) is ntr (of course it is not) :rolleyes:.
idk, depends on game, seems your idea of this not working out comes from experiencing games that dont do justice to both routes. I have played some, not many, that have NTR avoidable and they do justice to both of them, and do it superbly. So if this one manages to do so, that is good for all, those who want NTR and those who don't.

Reactions: loikl

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
idk, depends on game, seems your idea of this not working out comes from experiencing games that dont do justice to both routes. I have played some, not many, that have NTR avoidable and they do justice to both of them, and do it superbly. So if this one manages to do so, that is good for all, those who want NTR and those who don't.
Yes, sadly up to now all the games that have 2 routes have been bad for me since they tend to favor ntr, however this game may be the exception, (it would also have to be seen what the developer considers as ntr).

However, I think that the part where we should all agree is to respect the ideas of the dev, if he wants to put only 1 scene and then it is up to him and must be respected, or if he wants to focus the entire game on ntr in the same way respect it, the truth to harass the dev to put more scenes or remove them is not right, even being patreon.

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
However, I think that the part where we should all agree is to respect the ideas of the dev, if he wants to put only 1 scene and then it is up to him and must be respected, or if he wants to focus the entire game on ntr in the same way respect it, the truth to harass the dev to put more scenes or remove them is not right, even being patreon.
Amen, that's prolly the best comment I've read from anyone on here.

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Just so the one's awaiting fixes knows, things took longer than expected as while I was helping we decided to fix/change some things on the code side and some spelling errors, these should all be corrected and now the Dev has taken ownership of this thread to make it easier to update links for fixes/releases, these should be done later tonight.

They may do one quick final check on a couple bits to be sure, then get things uploaded. This is all limited to when they return home from their shift at work, which cannot be helped as we all still need to make money somehow.

Rest assured however the fixes will be live either tonight or early tomorrow, depending on where you live.

LazyKeks

Jan 16, 2018
Well, I'm not sure if the author decided to troll the audience with "everyone's favorite tag", or something went wrong. (- Removed pre-game NTR toggle (No NTR in-game)). But I'm not even sure how to perceive this game now. Because I'm not sure what to expect from the author in the future :unsure:.
(Although if this is trolling from the author, then it turned out almost ridiculous :ROFLMAO: )

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Well, I'm not sure if the author decided to troll the audience with "everyone's favorite tag", or something went wrong. (- Removed pre-game NTR toggle (No NTR in-game)). But I'm not even sure how to perceive this game now. Because I'm not sure what to expect from the author in the future :unsure:.
(Although if this is trolling from the author, then it turned out almost ridiculous :ROFLMAO: )
a83ff1f4fa91f290bf430342592ca3b9.gif

• Haha
4.50 star(s) 14 Votes