How should the Promises S1 Backstory prologue and intro scenes be continued?

• Temp Hold on Backstory

• Separate the Backstory

• Leave it Alone

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jsd16

May 18, 2020
I was in 2 minds whether to play or not when dev decides to make 2 routes NTR / ROMANCE as it would take time to create content for two separate routes instead of focusing on one route , now there is no NTR in the game , I decide to give game a try , downloading game and added to the watchlist , will rate it after finishing the game .
Kudos dev and looking forward to future updates .

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Well, I'm not sure if the author decided to troll the audience with "everyone's favorite tag", or something went wrong. (- Removed pre-game NTR toggle (No NTR in-game)). But I'm not even sure how to perceive this game now. Because I'm not sure what to expect from the author in the future :unsure:.
(Although if this is trolling from the author, then it turned out almost ridiculous :ROFLMAO: )
The plan from Tiimx was to add NTR, however after feedback, he has chosen to drop NTR route entirely, which is the reason for removing the toggle

LazyKeks

Jan 16, 2018
The plan from Tiimx was to add NTR, however after feedback, he has chosen to drop NTR route entirely, which is the reason for removing the toggle
Well, on the one hand, I like that the game will not have ntr. On the other hand, it's sad that the developer immediately abandoned his ideas for the game (albeit NTR). Because in this case, he can quickly "burn out" to his game.
(Although I still have doubts that this is not a sly PR move out of control :ROFLMAO:)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I get that people don't like NTR and such, and that's fine. The one thing that bothers me though is that they allowed a little feedback to change their mind and remove an entire path from their game because of it. NTR or not, letting the community cause you to change your story that drastically never leads to good things.

I feel a developer should write the story they want. When they let the community influence their direction, then the game becomes a mess trying to please everyone. I'm still looking forward to what Tiimx is going to do, I just hope they make the game they want to make, and not change the direction of it just cause of the community.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Some people are upset about the sudden change and removal of NTR in principle, but I have a different take.

There will always be scenes that No one will be against: Vaginal Sex, blowjob, romance, male protag/female protag (depending on preference of course). These serve as a sort of default to the game. Any fetish will be on top of these fetishes. Safe and unchanging until you add the following...

Then there are certain things that give people pause (not necessarily stop them from playing) when starting a game on this site. Things like this could be female domination, anal sex, foot fetish, pissing, etc. These tend to be middling fetishes that could go either way for people. Since they are just a moment/scene that doesn't define an entire character, they are fine for the most part, it's just that some people will find them a little uncomfortable so they might choose not to see the scene.

Finally, there are the hard yes, or hard no fetishes: Bestiality, Furry, Rape, and NTR. These are the heavy fetishes that unlike the above fetish examples change the characters in an irreparable way. I don't know about you, but I don't think I could look at the same Love Interest the same after she just had sex with a horse/dog/pig. Same with the rest of the tags. NTR is one of these "bad tags".

Don't get me wrong, a dev should do what they want, but since this is still early in development, I'd say removing a HARD NO fetish from the game was a good decision. I know that I wouldn't even play it if it had the tag on it. I usually Ignore games, I even forgot to do it to this game and I happened to have an open tab with this game looked and noticed the tag was gone. Pretty lucky I guess.

Anyway, sorry for the long reply. All in all, not a bad decision. Have a fantastic day, downloading now!

Last edited:

laeg15

May 24, 2021
Well, I'm not sure if the author decided to troll the audience with "everyone's favorite tag", or something went wrong. (- Removed pre-game NTR toggle (No NTR in-game)). But I'm not even sure how to perceive this game now. Because I'm not sure what to expect from the author in the future :unsure:.
(Although if this is trolling from the author, then it turned out almost ridiculous :ROFLMAO: )
Not most ridiculouse thing what dev did...

For example one dev replied answer to question about ntr

" there will be, but it will suit story, it will be good implemented in game and u will like it"

Well i did not:)

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Well, on the one hand, I like that the game will not have ntr. On the other hand, it's sad that the developer immediately abandoned his ideas for the game (albeit NTR). Because in this case, he can quickly "burn out" to his game.
(Although I still have doubts that this is not a sly PR move out of control :ROFLMAO:)
I get that people don't like NTR and such, and that's fine. The one thing that bothers me though is that they allowed a little feedback to change their mind and remove an entire path from their game because of it. NTR or not, letting the community cause you to change your story that drastically never leads to good things.

I feel a developer should write the story they want. When they let the community influence their direction, then the game becomes a mess trying to please everyone. I'm still looking forward to what Tiimx is going to do, I just hope they make the game they want to make, and not change the direction of it just cause of the community.
Tiimx was thinking along lines of trying to please both, but come to realise it was too far to the against side for him to want to continue that path and would end up being much more work for a first VN.

Myself and others said it should have been removed to make it easier for himself from the start, this was in no way a PR move in saying it's there and then removing, there was every intention of it being there.

I assist in going over the code etc, but I do not write the story, there will be various paths as-is so I feel it's better for management on Tiimx's part to not have to worry about the NTR route as well being first project.

chicken head

Sep 1, 2018
Tiimx was thinking along lines of trying to please both, but come to realise it was too far to the against side for him to want to continue that path and would end up being much more work for a first VN.

Myself and others said it should have been removed to make it easier for himself from the start, this was in no way a PR move in saying it's there and then removing, there was every intention of it being there.

I assist in going over the code etc, but I do not write the story, there will be various paths as-is so I feel it's better for management on Tiimx's part to not have to worry about the NTR route as well being first project.
Well, Thank you for that decision, a nice one and I much appreciate it :love:

LazyKeks

Jan 16, 2018

Well, my scribbling about PR moves and stuff, it's more humor. (I'm a pretty specific joker :ROFLMAO:). So don't take it too seriously:).

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Well, my scribbling about PR moves and stuff, it's more humor. (I'm a pretty specific joker :ROFLMAO:). So don't take it too seriously:).
You just want to see the world burn don't you? You'd have jokingly ordered the hit on Franz Ferdinand and slept happily that night only to see what you wrought in the coming months! You monster!

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
might wanna add some kinda light blurring or antialiasing for their hair. it really helps reduce that weird mesh look at the edges, which (imo) looks terrible and is something a lot of games start with, but eventually fix

Reactions: Tiimx

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
Meh. I guess I'll keep monitoring the game to see if it turns out good. I was interested in it, but not so much anymore. Best of luck, and I hope the changes pay off and the dev gets Patrons.

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
OK this game showed us something, and it is that the development of a game must be planned from the beginning long before even coding it, the story must already have a logic and know what content may or may not be present, make games with "routes "It is not easy, in fact it becomes complex and annoying for the developer since he has to make content for one route and then for the other and in the end nobody will be satisfied (it is already seen in other games), the decision to eliminate this content mentioned was correct, I do not mean the elimination of the ntr, but the elimination of 1 path to focus on another, for your first game I think it is better to do that, and regarding that content (and I know that This is not going to like many), I think I could add it not as a route but as an extra content (you already know some avoidable scene), it does not even require to be ntr as is (you know, the MC suffers, it is left aside and lose the girl), could be share (MMF include do to the MC), swinging with some npc and their partner, or prostituting a girl, I think they are less invasive options for some players, in addition to being extra and avoidable, no one is going to complain ... a lot :ROFLMAO: and they require less work than a full path.(y)

Whatever the dev's reasons for doing this you have to respect them and let him work, if in the end you don't like his game (it's respectable), just ignore it and go to the next one.;)

Mr.Absolutely

Oct 30, 2019
Hmm, it's not a bad project. I'll keep an eye on him. BUT. After playing a little, I realized that the "Character Menu" with brief information about them (Full name, age, etc.) would look very good in the game.. It would be interesting to read about organizations and their differences.

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
rip NTR and this dev caving in to little feedback. hope that $10 pateon dude gets what he wants XD
Wow, some people just don't read comments before posting. Staff response to the NTR question is 9 posts above your own, post #67 by V4mpire. Seriously, learn to read.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
You know, I just noticed, but..
Tiimx Rumor has it that you got your name from a certain group in the late 80's. It was a Social Club of sorts. Is this true? ;)

You know what, I might be wrong. I think I need some time to get away. I don't have time for Rumors in my life. I'm a man who thinks not a man who drinks, so I'm gonna keep living my life.

4.50 star(s) 14 Votes