arsuzsm

May 3, 2017
It takes a lot of money to make a 3d game and it takes 4 years to do it. They with two developers aren't going to do it in a year. It's a sure failure.
They are working since 2013. That is 6 years of "progress" and with just one considerable release (0.511) that is unfinished until now...

smick

Dec 29, 2017
0.511 is not even 3D, i liked the game as it was they could've just finished it like that and started their 3D project afterwards OR make the 3D idea they had a comic, that would've been great too.

Sep 8, 2019
But why

Also do they mean that they are going to make some kind of shitty 3D brawler instead of the shitty sidescroller?

It took them EIGHT MONTHS to add ONE incomplete scene to the game and no one has proper combat animations yet, how can people still get scammed by this?
Look up Sunken Cost Fallacy.
When someone has dumped a lot, to them at least, money or other resources into something they want to keep going to get something back. Very common in gambling and investing.

• Angry
Reactions: bigpenniser

smick

Dec 29, 2017
If anyone's been wondering what they've been doing...

The animations are quite good i gotta admit, too bad it took them a year to make it.

Cuadrao

Sep 18, 2018
If anyone's been wondering what they've been doing...

The animations are quite good i gotta admit, too bad it took them a year to make it.
The animations look very good imo, i hope that from this point on they can start developing the game faster...

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
At least, this asset shift doing something good about their game, a sight to behold indeed.

Still, I can't quite having any high hope with them just yet.
They been doing this since the 'early' development of MATM, showing what seems to be looking good for the game to show off their good material once, and later that day - we all know the rest until now.

Hopefully this asset show off will not repeat the same loop again.

Reactions: Attatta

poplan

Jan 24, 2019
The stuff they do tends to look nice but I've set to see them finish anything.

DaGoomba10

Apr 28, 2017
Back again to see what, if anything, has changed. Anything concrete out yet or is it just more of the same?

DaGoomba10

Apr 28, 2017
they've done some stuff like enemies and character customization, but not much. according to the November update they seem to working on smoothing the combat system and releasing an update on the combat end on next month for testing
So, nothing of any real value. Is Onyx at least a colored and animated character or is she still drawn on graph paper? Do the H-Scenes even exist?

It's funny: frequent updates containing massive essays of what they've accomplished and where they're going with it, images of places/enemies/characters all in different poses and promises to keep working hard and one day finish the product. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else? I could swear I've seen multiple Kickstarters that went on like this. Some just took the money and ran. Others delivered a half-assed product and blamed a lack of funding. Very few actually delivered and once they did, the result was so dated it was no longer considered viable.

Off-Topic: Where did you get your signature? That is from Subverse, right?

leugim

Dec 30, 2017
So, nothing of any real value. Is Onyx at least a colored and animated character or is she still drawn on graph paper? Do the H-Scenes even exist?

It's funny: frequent updates containing massive essays of what they've accomplished and where they're going with it, images of places/enemies/characters all in different poses and promises to keep working hard and one day finish the product. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else? I could swear I've seen multiple Kickstarters that went on like this. Some just took the money and ran. Others delivered a half-assed product and blamed a lack of funding. Very few actually delivered and once they did, the result was so dated it was no longer considered viable.

Off-Topic: Where did you get your signature? That is from Subverse, right?

yeah, typical kickstarter/patreon scam to keep people interested in a project where hopeful fans pay them by the thousands over the months and years without them having to deliver anything
I really hope the world wakes up to this and creates legislation to prevent it, fan base supported or not, if someone advertises a product, gets paid for it in advance and doesn't deliver, they should be criminally charged, just like every other business.

Reactions: BarbeChenue

MhiaSummers

Jan 20, 2018
Anyone have the new build? December 15 test release. Introduces new h-scenes and the move to 3d instead of 2d art.

leugim

Dec 30, 2017
It takes a lot of money to make a 3d game and it takes 4 years to do it. They with two developers aren't going to do it in a year. It's a sure failure.
there are plenty of indie games, 3d in fact, done by 1 man, in less than 3 years who delivered a finished product, someone of them with quite good quality even, by indie standarts.
Wouldnt be surprised those titles earned less money than these "developers" already have without having even a proper demo out, dont be fooled, games like these are money grabbing scams, they don't have progress because they are hard to make, they don't have progress because devs know they get paid thousands without having to ever finish it, heck this particular developer is even fine to bail out on his projects after years of fan funding.

Reactions: Danlorn

smick

Dec 29, 2017
There is new update, done by 19 dec, does anyone has it?

Edit: my bad, 24th of december
It says "Combat Test Release" and in their twitter post they said "to expect the upgraded h-system early next month". So expect it in the summer with only 1 new scene from their last release.

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes