Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
I just known OMORI not very soon ago and found out that the game itself took about 6 years++ with 2GB worth of contents, it's a good game and have a fairly good length but it totally not justify the suffering of prolonged 6 years time that's for sure. OMOCAT, the dev of said game are affected with one of the same symptom of these guys, unreasonably ambitious, but manage to finished the product, alas

As I start to seeing, rather, 'constant' update of this game and less of technical bullshitery they been pulled for almost 10 years I can feel a little gimps of light that this game might actually be able to finish, like, 10 more years from now on and such judging by the sketches and plan they still didn't finish the 1st stage from this 4 years prior, now multiply by 3 or 4 that should be some very very rough estimation

My point is, imagine when this game actually finish and their will be a lot people going on like "Holy fuck! Best R18 game of the year!!1!" like how I just know OMORI and found out about its controversial later, giving how often I can see simple feedback in this thread going like "Woah, very cool / Nice game! / Keep it up!", kinda made me chuckle from how irony it is

But first thing first, as of now, I can only say ... imagine this game will actually finish, happy thought immirite ?

Reactions: pewpew168

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
Setting game speed with console command makes your character disappear and you cant do anything.

Everything is....SLOW as hell. Even your character walking takes ages. There is no way in hell the speed of the game was meant to be this slow.

I don't have a controller, so trying to play this with a keyboard aint fun.

Jun 30, 2017
I just known OMORI not very soon ago and found out that the game itself took about 6 years++ with 2GB worth of contents, it's a good game and have a fairly good length but it totally not justify the suffering of prolonged 6 years time that's for sure. OMOCAT, the dev of said game are affected with one of the same symptom of these guys, unreasonably ambitious, but manage to finished the product, alas

As I start to seeing, rather, 'constant' update of this game and less of technical bullshitery they been pulled for almost 10 years I can feel a little gimps of light that this game might actually be able to finish, like, 10 more years from now on and such judging by the sketches and plan they still didn't finish the 1st stage from this 4 years prior, now multiply by 3 or 4 that should be some very very rough estimation

My point is, imagine when this game actually finish and their will be a lot people going on like "Holy fuck! Best R18 game of the year!!1!" like how I just know OMORI and found out about its controversial later, giving how often I can see simple feedback in this thread going like "Woah, very cool / Nice game! / Keep it up!", kinda made me chuckle from how irony it is

But first thing first, as of now, I can only say ... imagine this game will actually finish, happy thought immirite ?
The massive problem is not just about prolonged development time. Their first game Malise and the Machine have been in development for a long time, and then they suddenly pulled a massive revamp for the engine and artwork move, and start the game from the scratch, and they took pretty long time for the demo. And then they stop release a new demo version despite promise and pull a Pure Onyx move which they told the fanbase that Pure Onyx is a side work to gather money so they could focus it on Malise and the Machine and develop the game. And then look at the result, Matm was completely faded into nothing, almost no one mention it now, and the side-project they called, took even longer than the main game MatM to just have some basic feature with what, some sex animation, only 2 level/floor and some mob....that why people scream, most of the folk now that still donate to Eromancer mostly are newbie who don't even know what they did in the past, it have been buried along with the veteran those already left.

Sorry for being angry and pissed off, it is uncalled for me but seriously i'm one of the person who defended them back in the past and now i'm ashamed

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
The massive problem is not just about prolonged development time. Their first game Malise and the Machine have been in development for a long time, and then they suddenly pulled a massive revamp for the engine and artwork move, and start the game from the scratch, and they took pretty long time for the demo. And then they stop release a new demo version despite promise and pull a Pure Onyx move which they told the fanbase that Pure Onyx is a side work to gather money so they could focus it on Malise and the Machine and develop the game. And then look at the result, Matm was completely faded into nothing, almost no one mention it now, and the side-project they called, took even longer than the main game MatM to just have some basic feature with what, some sex animation, only 2 level/floor and some mob....that why people scream, most of the folk now that still donate to Eromancer mostly are newbie who don't even know what they did in the past, it have been buried along with the veteran those already left.

Sorry for being angry and pissed off, it is uncalled for me but seriously i'm one of the person who defended them back in the past and now i'm ashamed
I definitely understand how you feel, as someone who's been following them from the very beginning as well. If you had asked me years ago I would have guessed the game would have been FINISHED at latest 2018 and MaTM would be close to done by now. I'm never going to defend their development cycle but damn, this is a great vehicle for some battle rape content, and the animations are not only on point but fit extremely well thematically. I personally would not be willing to give them any money until they produce a finished product at this point, but holy crap am I rooting for this to actually finish.

Reactions: restlez

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018

I reading this and hardly feels like they sounds angry and pissed off at all especially when we talk about this EM guy who most of us already know well what bullshit he been pull after all this years, almost like a reasonable rant if anything else and pretty sure everyone know them well enough will feels the same.

They already pull the same 'rework' bullshit once for this game and I almost expected them to do it again from the scratch, reenact the MATM timeline, it's a good thing that they don't

All in all, I ain't paid them a dime and I don't like their history, but I just start to see the hope in comparison with someone that had controversy similar to them but they manage to pull it off and redeem themselves, but just as I guess, if 1 stage take almost 4 years to finish, imagine their other 2 or 3 but minus the 'rework' time they already done, and if they pull another 'rework' bullshit again along the line, then it's irredeemable at that point

Even tho the 6+ years OMOCAT took didn't really justify its worth of their own product, they still capable to pull off an actual finish product, kept their promise and lift up their name, that kinda give me a liiiiitle bit of hope these EM guys might still actually can fulfil their goal with this game .... unless they decide to announce a 3rd project or something :KEK:

Reactions: restlez

ricky2018

May 4, 2018
I feel this is the hardest game among 2D games I've ever played... or it's just because i'm so stupid :rolleyes: ok but great animations.. :censored:
I’ve never had any issues. Controls are stiff but your attacks have a lot reach. I just position myself in front of crowds and kick them. The bugs are the only annoying enemies with projectiles so I always kill them first. I usually beat bosses by side stepping to dodge their charging attacks and mashing punch and stunning them to death.

StevieJobs

Oct 6, 2018
I gave this game a 5 stars rating two months ago (actual rating was 4) to compensate the hate it recieved. Since then, only a single enemy has been added and a single new sex animation. No new stages, no story at all, no new mechanics. I tried all the builds uploaded here since then, and I can only say I am trully perplexed at the lack of interest this is causing me. There has been ZERO effort since March that could justify a monthly subscription.

I do really believe animations and gameplay are at a good level, and that is why I still follow this game, but I also think the laziness and blatant rip-off of patrons justify some of the hate the developer gets.

OnyxShadow

May 21, 2017
You have to ask yourself: Would you rather have another mediocre, forgettable game with bad art?

OR

Would you prefer a game with good mechanics and great art that takes way too long to develop?

I'll take the second option any day of the week.

Reactions: LDV and fireclaws10
Jun 13, 2017
You have to ask yourself: Would you rather have another mediocre, forgettable game with bad art?

OR

Would you prefer a game with good mechanics and great art that takes way too long to develop?

i don't really have a dog in this but i just wanna provide a different perspective. if i only had said week left to live, i'd probably choose the first one, if not neither.

• Haha
Reactions: Zepheral

Zepheral

Dec 2, 2017

OR

If it takes you 10 years, maybe you should quit. The creator of Airi had like 3 people and they did it in about 4 years and started on their 2nd project already. Grim made alien quest , did it in like 2 years and was made by himself.

I'm not calling people out, but if an artist doesn't get themselves together. People will put their money elsewhere.

TakosMilGrau

Sep 25, 2018
I feel this is the hardest game among 2D games I've ever played... or it's just because i'm so stupid :rolleyes: ok but great animations.. :censored:
Not trying to diss you or anything, but this game is really easy. I think easier than this is only if you could replicate Cody's infinite combo from Final Fight 1 here. The only thing difficult with this game is getting used with the tremendous input lag. But most enemies you can simply do a regular combo to get the knockdown, then you oki them. The bosses are not difficult, they're just cheap, but you can cheese them all by spamming the light punch attach until they get stunned. Just experiment around and you'll be bored with the game in no time.

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes