Mistere99

Feb 16, 2018
th
Anyone wanna predict WHEN this next update will be?
this year he has been updating like every two weeks but not always be something worthy just some crappy touches
and maybe a scene if we are lucky and if we are more lucky a new scene not some recycled scene

lostnumber

Dec 25, 2017
Are there no mods on this forum? I think there's been enough "this dev is a scammer" bumps to this thread in 78 pages to merit that opinion being passed along by now. Can we just get bumps that discuss the game from here on in? Or is this thread a personal bitchfest and titled improperly?

Scorpioguy99

Feb 16, 2020
Are there no mods on this forum? I think there's been enough "this dev is a scammer" bumps to this thread in 78 pages to merit that opinion being passed along by now. Can we just get bumps that discuss the game from here on in? Or is this thread a personal bitchfest and titled improperly?
If they're making this much money off people not reading the scam posts, there's no incentive to progress the game at any remotely reasonable speed.
If you wanna see the devs actually make a lot of progress, light a metaphorical fire under their asses and let their heavy cash flow drop so they can see that they need to pick up the pace. Otherwise, they're not going to fix what ain't broke.
Why finish the game when they can stretch out their income for as long as humanely possible.
I wanna see this game go further but after watching it for what seems like close to a year now, there has only been two or three scenes added at the very most. That's why people complain all the time here. Would you rather nobody have anything bad to say?

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
It's pretty simple.

These were all the update you get, try dig any deeper and you wouldn't find anymore content than this. It's not a bitchfest, it's the facts and people have every right to be impatient and upset but what better place to vent out their frustration if not the place relate to the game itself ? This is a thread in a forum for discussion with the game title, not game column that dedicate to [only update].

Check out Night of Revenge, the game start development in late 2018 as same as this game with a single man operation and still constantly update to this day.

Then compare those contents to this game that state as a 'quick' project they aim to finish fast to 'funding their previous project' with the effort of 'Team' and they still 'constantly update' their 'progress' till today, as same as NoR.

Surely a team developer will have a better progress and have much more content to offer since they work as a team mean they will at least work faster than a 1-man-operation, right ? But I ain't provide any relate link here, if you interest to check them out, search them up yourselves.

I'm not fanboy/girl any other game but this is just general comparison with them fellow game dev to give you a general idea who really does making a game or making a scheme.

My point remain that, unless they show something like a finish product as a 'proof of concept' they are remain a scammer, which NoR dev, D-lis isn't, they already released their first title, a rock-solid enjoyable experience for both gameplay and 'content' aspect, and now working non stop for their 2nd title for years and the progress is shown, sometime it's petty, small and slow, but this is the sensible progress a 1 person can do everything on their own from art to coding for a project as big as what can be boiled down to a [Side scrolling Soul-like] game but those petty little update keep piling up and mold into shape we see them today, those were the real developer, which I stop following their progress at some point to not spoiling myself any further until its full game release, the game itself is assumed to be reaching its half way now. (Feel free to provide extra info or proof that D-lis not working alone, I ain't dig that much)

They both spend almost the same time of developing 1 game include having their previous experiences (but Team Eromancer didn't release any finished product yet) but you expect this place to be filled with praise and only exciting reaction for their update ? This looter system and 3~4 scenes is all you get for 2 and a half years from team effort. If you check the other game out you will clearly see how different the ratio of their positivity and negativity are on polar opposite to this one , there will always be something negative, nothing is perfect, and if you can still think this game only deserve the praise and not the problems .... then you do you I guess ?

Team Eromancer will remain scammer until they show us something, a solid proof that they are not, an actual finished product, ready to be on sell and I'll definitely buy one if their product is to my taste. The time they took to finish them are no longer of my concern at this point, they just have to finish them.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018
It's pretty simple.

These were all the update you get, try dig any deeper and you wouldn't find anymore content than this. It's not a bitchfest, it's the facts and people have every right to be impatient and upset but what better place to vent out their frustration if not the place relate to the game itself ? This is a thread in a forum for discussion with the game title, not game column that dedicate to [only update].

Check out Night of Revenge, the game start development in late 2018 as same as this game with a single man operation and still constantly update to this day.

Then compare those contents to this game that state as a 'quick' project they aim to finish fast to 'funding their previous project' with the effort of 'Team' and they still 'constantly update' their 'progress' till today, as same as NoR.

Surely a team developer will have a better progress and have much more content to offer since they work as a team mean they will at least work faster than a 1-man-operation, right ? But I ain't provide any relate link here, if you interest to check them out, search them up yourselves.

I'm not fanboy/girl any other game but this is just general comparison with them fellow game dev to give you a general idea who really does making a game or making a scheme.

My point remain that, unless they show something like a finish product as a 'proof of concept' they are remain a scammer, which NoR dev, D-lis isn't, they already released their first title, a rock-solid enjoyable experience for both gameplay and 'content' aspect, and now working non stop for their 2nd title for years and the progress is shown, sometime it's petty, small and slow, but this is the sensible progress a 1 person can do everything on their own from art to coding for a project as big as what can be boiled down to a [Side scrolling Soul-like] game but those petty little update keep piling up and mold into shape we see them today, those were the real developer, which I stop following their progress at some point to not spoiling myself any further until its full game release, the game itself is assumed to be reaching its half way now. (Feel free to provide extra info or proof that D-lis not working alone, I ain't dig that much)

They both spend almost the same time of developing 1 game include having their previous experiences (but Team Eromancer didn't release any finished product yet) but you expect this place to be filled with praise and only exciting reaction for their update ? This looter system and 3~4 scenes is all you get for 2 and a half years from team effort. If you check the other game out you will clearly see how different the ratio of their positivity and negativity are on polar opposite to this one , there will always be something negative, nothing is perfect, and if you can still think this game only deserve the praise and not the problems .... then you do you I guess ?

Team Eromancer will remain scammer until they show us something, a solid proof that they are not, an actual finished product, ready to be on sell and I'll definitely buy one if their product is to my taste. The time they took to finish them are no longer of my concern at this point, they just have to finish them.
I can see your perspective and I share it to some degree. However, I only support projects up to how much value they have for me in their current state, then I cancel my support unless an update is released that I feel is worth more money. I know many people have different expectations, but unless a guarantee is made and agreed upon for a certain amount, it's not a scam and not worth complaining about imo. So I disagree that people have a 'right' to complain and be upset. By all means go for it; it's the internet. But, getting content out quickly is a virtue, not an obligation unless spelled out explicitly. Assuming implicit obligations just sets me up to be disappointed.

Also, this looks like it could set a new bar for side scrollers among a lot of meh competition. It deserves that praise. If there's a problem, don't support.

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
I can see your perspective and I share it to some degree. However, I only support projects up to how much value they have for me in their current state, then I cancel my support unless an update is released that I feel is worth more money. I know many people have different expectations, but unless a guarantee is made and agreed upon for a certain amount, it's not a scam and not worth complaining about imo. So I disagree that people have a 'right' to complain and be upset. By all means go for it; it's the internet. But, getting content out quickly is a virtue, not an obligation unless spelled out explicitly. Assuming implicit obligations just sets me up to be disappointed.

Also, this looks like it could set a new bar for side scrollers among a lot of meh competition. It deserves that praise. If there's a problem, don't support.
I would assume you know this team past endeavor about[Malise and Machine], yes ?
Had they not express the habit of keep rework their game from ground up time and time again they wouldn't get the impression of being high potential scammer today, it happens to their first project and it happens here too, their 'bad decision' already overshadow their talents at this point. The high point of those are less of a complain about game, rather something people make fun of the dev themselves.

A reminder that Eromancer team had no previous release project, they only been shown what they are working on but end up disappear in the cloud, hence it's become not real and prove no one or set any new bar when they incapable to stick with it and finish them, some dev and artist says they may sometime have multiple project to working on at the same time to reduce their inflating boredom which is make sense, but even when they are in focus effort and no longer loop the rework shenanigans it still non-sensical slow.

Bioasshard reworked as much, progress as slow but they even show more progress than this game both technical and content wise. They had finish a lot of smaller and meh project but at least they finish something, their latest title considered the most ambitious and biggest project they did while they at least have something to booth their own corner, that's why people are less likely to make fun of them about slow progress, rather a 'multitasker' instead, in which they already prune down to only single project alone by now.

Again, I don't care anymore if they are real dev or scammer at this point, I just wait for their final product, assume that I'm not died of old-age/pandemic/accident before that.

At the end of the day, there're people frustration for what they expected, and there're don't, it's only usual for the love and hate just like faces on a coin, you say what you love, they say what they hate, it's all the same imo. I can just drop [Than just don't care about who complain and say what you like, lol] but it's too brainlet and uncreative way of expressing my though while make no point of my reasoning at all too ...... but maybe I should considered doing that next time :KEK:

Feb 11, 2020
I would like to add to the topic of discussion with another comparison to a different dev, just to provide context/comparisons:

MateyDev has been working on a 3d dead space/silent hill kind of horror game, it's pretty good. Enough that I support him on patreon, and don't just try it out for free on F95 (like 90% of the things here)
He's taken a pause to make a 3d sidescroller to gather up some extra money and support for the main project. It's been 2 months, and he alone, doing all the models, animations, sounds, etc., and most of the environment work, has already made a brief test demo with one enemy with 7 animations and laid the foundations for a full demo in (ideally) a months time, including:
1 - a boss + 2 new enemies, each with multiple animations
2 - full first area
3 - new features, including escape mechanics, gameovers, full inventory/menu with some new items
4 - a new OST, if he has time.

Just to compare what Eromancer's team has done with MatM and Pure Onyx. The two devs have very different fields and categories of games that they work on, but I think it's interesting to note that one makes barely anything and has to work full time, while the other makes (between the 4 people) £10k a month.

This all said, checking the patreon, Eromancer is updating frequently, at least. I hope it is a turn around from MatM, because they were making significant money from it for not much at one point, and Pure Onyx shows promise.
I'll leave people to draw their own conclusions.

Here's MateyDev's main project (BTW this is the old version of it, not the most up to date one, as that is patreon only I think):
https://f95zone.to/threads/section-7-project-unknown-101-test-version-update-mr-matthew.58610/

waramir

Sep 26, 2017
I've discovered the fun part of this scam, they paid for commissions for their animations and models. Like for example

@HappyOtter9 made their latest female cop character.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
I've discovered the fun part of this scam, they paid for commissions for their animations and models.
Paying professionals to create models, animations, coding and artwork is fine. It is just how much the split should be, 70% of earnings for the developer/Project Mgt (e.g. Ero), or a bigger split to allow more content? Should the dev take a decent salary, or an excellent salary. Subjective......

What annoys me with Ero the most is the sandbox style, which makes the game a collection of potential promises. How many enemies, H-scenes, levels and game overs will it have? Most dev's will build a level at a time, and create the H animations as they go. Build increment (0.1 - 0.9) will give you an idea as well. Ero is random, well two characters came out with H scenes quite quickly (chain and big wrench dude), but objectives/story line, no of levels/enemies and so on is still not known for a 3 year old game. Project relies on the best visuals to keep the interest, over solid steps to progression.

Apr 7, 2018
Arts and graphics are truly awesome and it couldn't be done much better its just top quality, but some fighting mechanics are pure garbage, ie you can't get behind 'charger' because when you do he will be just insta-reversed in your direction. If dev wants the player to treat all the fighting parts seriously then the camera should be more distant, attacking from behind should be rewarding, and player should have something like 'roll' option to relocate quickly, otherwise game difficulty should be a lot easier especially against the bosses cause now its only frustrating imo.

Good game to steal some basic concepts of fighting mechanics would be ie Battletoads.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
2.80 star(s) 76 Votes