fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
Changelog for oct 25 release?
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the entire changelog is that "added the bunny girls as enemies" that people pointed out and legitimately nothing else. When it comes to Pure Onyx you can expect 1 years worth of updates to have less content than 1 tiny update would have for most other games.
Might seem like there is something there at first glance, if you are checking it out for the first time, but consider that it has been in roughly this same state since 2019ish.

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
3 new sex scenes in 2 years? I love your optimism!
It will be like this:
Eroscammer: Its legit 3 new scenes....
Patrons: 3 model swapped scenes...?
Scammer: Look, its with new characters, so counts as new, right? Wdym same animation? It was custom made by three different departments across 2 continents, I'll have you know

Last edited:

VaeVictus

Aug 7, 2017
sure would be nice if the change-log actually said anything
Sure it would be nice if the update was worth the change-log... It is just a previous model being re-used with exact same H animations. (Oh and, apparently the enemies can attack objects too now... That's... it?)

VaeVictus

Aug 7, 2017
How the fuck is this scammer STILL getting almost $20,000 a month... I just don't get it...
The circulation... Those who are new are bewildered with the quality and the fluidity of the animations, strong retro vibes and decent quality gameplay for a work in progress... Few months, or even a year passes, those people understand that this is a scam, they stop supporting... BUT, new ones are always being exposed to this work and start the process from over, basically a process of meat grinding where people come with hopes, support if they can, lose hope and stop supporting, all the while the process benefits the dev financially with little to no effort, and the amount of people on the internet is close to virtually endless with more active every day, the developer has tapped a remarkably stable source of potential supporters. These minor updates are vital to make the game seem active and keep the interest level at just the right level so people will find themselves in this loop. Fewer updates, the balance of supporters would fall, more updates, expectations rise and the number of supporters rise TEMPORARILY followed by a striking reduction due to the inability to maintain the momentum...

Although we all share a common distasteful sentiment regarding this type of practice in subscription based supporting mechanism, you have to understand the devs are doing nothing but a reaction to the global trend... I personally despise this malpractice of client milking, but I also understand it. Think about it for a second, if the dev had fulfilled the promise and completed the game, say, last year, that would have meant the support would cease... Why would they purposefully stop a perfectly good source of financial income for themselves (especially during these times). Sure they can just go for released versions and sell the game legitimately, but 20k USD a month is there right now, why bother losing it? You can always release and sell it, it is not like the project is going anywhere...

Part of the problem is us, we are not determined enough to impose certain principles on the developers to motivate them into showing and following more promise. Again, I hate it, but I also understand it... Sadly...

Last edited:

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
How the fuck is this scammer STILL getting almost $20,000 a month... I just don't get it...
Believe it or not but there's a thing that a lot of people subscribe to something and forget about it. Like, you buy Netflix, HBO, Disney+ and Amazon Prime and baaam - after some time you don't really have a good picture on your actual expenses and what is trully necessary at the moment. Most companies operate with that in mind - throwing you a free month or two and hoping that at least 1 out of 5 suckers stick for longer simply because they forgot to unsubscribe. There's a reason why most patreons get their goodies at the end of the month :)

It's also quite similar to the syndrome of "one more turn" in turn-based games since when you do realize that something is not needed, you lure yourself to believe that it MIGHT be the next month or something. Here, people might believe that it will get better eventually (and because Eromancer has actually a really skilled animator on board). I mean, everything can get better with time...but waiting for such miracles is a short way to misuse your lifespan on this planet and your limited resources.

So, both aspects mix together in addition to what VaeVictus already said:
The circulation... Those who are new are bewildered with the quality and the fluidity of the animations, strong retro vibes and decent quality gameplay for a work in progress... Few months, or even a year passes, those people understand that this is a scam, they stop supporting... BUT, new ones are always being exposed to this work and start the process from over, basically a process of meat grinding where people come with hopes, support if they can, lose hope and stop supporting, all the while the process benefits the dev financially with little to no effort, and the amount of people on the internet is close to virtually endless with more active every day, the developer has tapped a remarkably stable source of potential supporters. These minor updates are vital to make the game seem active and keep the interest level at just the right level so people will find themselves in this loop. Fewer updates, the balance of supporters would fall, more updates, expectations rise and the number of supporters rise TEMPORARILY followed by a striking reduction due to the inability to maintain the momentum...

Although we all share a common distasteful sentiment regarding this type of practice in subscription based supporting mechanism, you have to understand the devs are doing nothing but a reaction to the global trend... I personally despise this malpractice of client milking, but I also understand it. Think about it for a second, if the dev had fulfilled the promise and completed the game, say, last year, that would have meant the support would cease... Why would they purposefully stop a perfectly good source of financial income for themselves (especially during these times). Sure they can just go for released versions and sell the game legitimately, but 20k USD a month is there right now, why bother losing it? You can always release and sell it, it is not like the project is going anywhere...

Part of the problem is us, we are not determined enough to impose certain principles on the developers to motivate them into showing and following more promise. Again, I hate it, but I also understand it... Sadly...
For anyone to exploit this - it is predatory, it is immoral but is it stupid? Not at all. This is simply a modern business practice that shouldn't be tolerated and should be called upon every fucking time it happens.

FakeTea

Aug 14, 2022
Scenes for the gallery were tedious to unlock because RNG and after an hour i still dont have all the femcop lol Overall decent game tho. I hope the project actually continues. Just wish there was a Gallery Unlocker with the Module instead of just Godmode and stuff. Even when youre one punching everything it still becomes tedious

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes