KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
I don't think Ironfoot undermines the work of the current programmers and coders for Pure Onyx. Going by Ironfoot's example, I think what he meant by that is that there are coders who would love to take the job for a thousand dollars to help with Pure Onyx's bottleneck and overall snail's pace development progress, and with that help inbound, the better workflow and overall progress.

I understand that programmers are a huge asset for any game development team as they are who act as one of the foundations of a working project, although having too many people in the same department while the other suffers is not really a good look.

As always, correct me if I'm wrong
No the issue is people just "say" as if its easy, programmers do more than just gaming. So you would have to find one that does, is ok with NSFW, and agrees to their wage. NSFW alone stops most people, even when you compare normal artist vs NSFW artist, the normal artist usually make more because sadly NSFW content is not easily marketed as non-nsfw. Anyways despite all that APL found 2 new devs so that should move things along more. The issue now is they still depend on APL for directions still because most all of the programming is territory of APL and MKW. So they still have to learn the codes they built so they can all work independently slowly but surely its getting there :3

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
NSFW alone stops most people, even when you compare normal artist vs NSFW artist, the normal artist usually make more because sadly NSFW content is not easily marketed as non-nsfw
Give me an example. As you say, it's "easy to say" about certain things, so I want to know whether or not this is easy to prove. In my opinion, it might be difficult to pull it off, sure, but it can be marketable once you know what your target audience is and then slowly adjust to that.

Oh, yeah, I'm not exactly good at business or even workflows, just saying from what I know because you seem like the one that works as an insider somewhere or even know the business for so long that no mere mortals here understand your decree -- so correct me if I'm wrong

'Cause, you know, you love tangents more than I love pies

One more thing:
Have you come up with some strategy to debunk what Yojimbo543 said? Now that the receipt is in full display and all

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodmane

Lordnightwolf

Feb 5, 2023
Here is the problem, and I'm going to say it now for everyone here can take it with a grand of salt, "He" clearly doesn't have the developer power, to get the game finish at the level it is at now. Personality I have sat an read all of those f95zone comments an few of them are very out of line, ("Possibilities"). can be, or could be more openly which I'm not going to, put into the fire here, The complaining about the game, is more of a beta, meaning everyone wants too play the full game, I know it has been four years which them making this game possible for everyone to play it. It doesn't give everyone to be so overly rude of the game not being done, yes their is always going to be problems in making, games on programs that take time, meaning none of you will put in the same work, as this person in front their computer none of you will from the looks of it.

Dualyth

Dec 6, 2017
Man I miss "Malise And The Machine", it's such a shame this game will never be finished :cry:
Same as you, man.

I remember back in 2016 when I stumbled upon MatM. Good designs, good music made by the dev's band, original ennemies (machines, creatures) that were not your usual faceless men, and most of all a simple but deep gameplay that allowed so much scenarios.
I played it in turn-based mode, and I loved that one character had to help the other out of a grab, or that you could break the charging of an enemy' attack. I liked that even if you were winning your engagements and not allowing the grabs to progress, little by little your team was getting worn out until you found a healing station. The lewd was integrated into the gameplay, not as a game over, but as an ongoing process with stats consequences.
That game had such a mood. It had sooo much potential, I really thought it would become my favorite nsfw game, if it would just deliver more of the same that was shown in the demo(s).

But, money showed its face. The dev realised he could make bank by doing the bare minimum to keep people like the one we have in this thread believing.
And so goodbye MatM, hello to the circus we have now, for S E V E N years. Seven.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Here and ULMF, but is there anywhere else that Eromancer is discussed about in any capacity? All of his announcements for new builds on subreddits have pretty minimal engagement and posts on his Patreon page are, naturally, going to be rather self-selective.

That aside, does that even matter? Are you denying the fact that he ditched Malise after just two years despite taking money for it? Do you disagree this behavior invites skepticism into all of his future works until he addresses it?
Ditched would mean its over and forgotten. In terms of old version, yes, but MATM as a game, no. It will be worked on after PO.
Yes there is another place, him and his team are discussed a lot on his discord, its where they all are most active.
Skepticism would mean you are doubtful, thats is oki, but when someone starts spilling out insults or inventing ways to defame someone or something that is not longer skepticism, thats called spite.

Sep 16, 2018
NSFW alone stops most people, even when you compare normal artist vs NSFW artist, the normal artist usually make more because sadly NSFW content is not easily marketed as non-nsfw.
Tell me you've never made art without telling me you've never made art. My guy, it's literally a common meme in art circles that NSFW is where the money is at, especially if you draw furry.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Give me an example. As you say, it's "easy to say" about certain things, so I want to know whether or not this is easy to prove. In my opinion, it might be difficult to pull it off, sure, but it can be marketable once you know what your target audience is and then slowly adjust to that.

Oh, yeah, I'm not exactly good at business or even workflows, just saying from what I know because you seem like the one that works as an insider somewhere or even know the business for so long that no mere mortals here understand your decree -- so correct me if I'm wrong

'Cause, you know, you love tangents more than I love pies

One more thing:
Have you come up with some strategy to debunk what Yojimbo543 said? Now that the receipt is in full display and all
Ok an example will be average artist at riot game, its non-NSFW content. They can make up to $130,280 a year. Now if you take Ero's earnings and round it so an even 240K a year. That's not enough to pay more then 2 artist. Now you can say "why would you compare a huge company" but would it be as big if they went NSFW? No. Meaning yes non-NSFW content will reach further than NSFW content. There are many huge gaming companies but not any lewd ones can come close.

There's that passive aggression again idk why everyone always resorts to that. I was starting to see you as the mature one above others, and you do that.

Idk wat Yojimbo543 said, i replied to them already unless i missed something.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Tell me you've never made art without telling me you've never made art. My guy, it's literally a common meme in art circles that NSFW is where the money is at, especially if you draw furry.
That's not true and if it was half of it is pirated. So you don't even make the amount you should, and im not "ur guy".

Sep 16, 2018
Ok an example will be average artist at riot game, its non-NSFW content. They can make up to $130,280 a year.
You are quoting salaries from not just a large studio but one of the most profitable video game studios of all time. My dude comparing independent artists on Patreon to a studio with the backing of fucking Tencent is insane. A quick Google search shows the US average of game artists specifically is around 60-70k per year. Whereas decent furry Patreons are generally quoted at around 8k PER MONTH. Whereas one of the more successful pure-sfw artists is Lisa Clough(Lachri), she makes 6.3k per month and is one of the most skilled artists I've ever seen, better than practically any nsfw artist I can think of. Internet famous artists/comic producers don't make crazy bank either, Shen/Owlturd is one of the most recognizable names out there, assuming all his patrons are subscribed at the highest level he doesn't break 8k. Non-furry stuff is reasonably lucrative too if you find a niche/are skilled. Miarmora started her Patreon last year, girl is 21 and makes ~4.4k per month not counting commission, her art is very good but she definitely has space to improve and has pretty visible progress from even when she started so that number is likely to keep climbing.
It's a meme in the art community because it is true.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
You are quoting salaries from not just a large studio but one of the most profitable video game studios of all time. My dude comparing independent artists on Patreon to a studio with the backing of fucking Tencent is insane. A quick Google search shows the US average of game artists specifically is around 60-70k per year. Whereas decent furry Patreons are generally quoted at around 8k PER MONTH. Whereas one of the more successful pure-sfw artists is Lisa Clough(Lachri), she makes 6.3k per month and is one of the most skilled artists I've ever seen, better than practically any nsfw artist I can think of. Internet famous artists/comic producers don't make crazy bank either, Shen/Owlturd is one of the most recognizable names out there, assuming all his patrons are subscribed at the highest level he doesn't break 8k. Non-furry stuff is reasonably lucrative too if you find a niche/are skilled. Miarmora started her Patreon last year, girl is 21 and makes ~4.4k per month not counting commission, her art is very good but she definitely has space to improve and has pretty visible progress from even when she started so that number is likely to keep climbing.
It's a meme in the art community because it is true.
You arguing things that are going off topic, i used Ero to stay on topic.
To keep it short, the income you "quoted" from Lisa is only her art lessons, you didn't account her actually paintings and other things sold. Shen is same he has Webtoon, Newgrounds, Tumblr, yes they all do pay you.
SFW artist make money indirectly which is why is more lucrative. NSFW requires crowd-funding since no company wants to work with them. Hence Roit Games example.

Non-lewd games on average still generate more than NSFW games.

Programmers which the initial topic was about aren't bound to just gaming, on average they earn 6k a month on the low end. That's a third of Ero's earnings just for 1 person, and he has 11+ devs.

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes