Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong:

First, Pure Onyx (2018) is finished and is an AIO package (meaning updates going forward are bug fixes and small changes). Estimate: In the late 2020-ish (My guess: Between the project's 9th and 11th anniversary, maybe even in the 8th anniversary if can keep up with the momentum)
I know your post wasn't addressed to me, but let me show some more facts.
3D Pure Onyx development started on July 2019 (after 10 months of 2D Pure Onyx "development")
Currently there are a total of 10 enemies in-game (Thug, Runt, Chain, Vraxe, FemCop, Vioreaper, Larvae, Charger, Blade Bunny, Bat Bunny), out of 50+ ALREADY PLANNED enemies (and each month Eromancer increases the number).
During 2022 only 2 "new" in-game enemies were added (Blade and Bat bunnies), and only 2 new enemy H-animations were added (Vioreaper and Larvae).
So, 43 months of total development and less than 20% of the enemies, less than 20% of the H-animations and only 3 background stages. And let's not talk about the Beat 'em Up part of the game - which currently doesn't even exist. Stats that don't do anything, equipment that doesn't do anything...
At this rate, by 2029 the game won't even have 50% of the planned content. And don't forget that such "plans" keep growing.

And all that if (and that's a huge if) Patreon's censorship axe doesn't chop off even more that it already has.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I know your post wasn't addressed to me, but let me show some more facts.
3D Pure Onyx development started on July 2019 (after 10 months of 2D Pure Onyx "development")
Currently there are a total of 10 enemies in-game (Thug, Runt, Chain, Vraxe, FemCop, Vioreaper, Larvae, Charger, Blade Bunny, Bat Bunny), out of 50+ ALREADY PLANNED enemies (and each month Eromancer increases the number).
During 2022 only 2 "new" in-game enemies were added (Blade and Bat bunnies), and only 2 new enemy H-animations were added (Vioreaper and Larvae).
So, 43 months of total development and less than 20% of the enemies, less than 20% of the H-animations and only 3 background stages. And let's not talk about the Beat 'em Up part of the game - which currently doesn't even exist. Stats that don't do anything, equipment that doesn't do anything...
At this rate, by 2029 the game won't even have 50% of the planned content. And don't forget that such "plans" keep growing.

And all that if (and that's a huge if) Patreon's censorship axe doesn't chop off even more that it already has.
I admit, though, that was too damn generous of me.

To be honest: I think Eromancer is trying his best to keep up appearances and telling people that the project is going smoothly. However, after you put this pseudo-statistic, with 10+ people on board, it would be a Goliath of a project to pull off, especially XXOOM that both part of this team (last I heard) and an independent artist that does hardcore bondage artworks. I wouldn't risk it for 10, or even 20. To get the project smooth sailing, Eromancer needed at least 50 people to butter up the development pace.

Although that's just my opinion. If Eromancer is happy with his small team, I can't really comment much on it.
Anyways, even if it wasn't for you, thanks for the info.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
I admit, though, that was too damn generous of me.

To be honest: I think Eromancer is trying his best to keep up appearances and telling people that the project is going smoothly. However, after you put this pseudo-statistic, with 10+ people on board, it would be a Goliath of a project to pull off, especially XXOOM that both part of this team (last I heard) and an independent artist that does hardcore bondage artworks. I wouldn't risk it for 10, or even 20. To get the project smooth sailing, Eromancer needed at least 50 people to butter up the development pace.

Although that's just my opinion. If Eromancer is happy with his small team, I can't really comment much on it.
Anyways, even if it wasn't for you, thanks for the info.
50 people????
this isnt some AAA quality game?
a lot more devs/groups finish with smaller teams with games that has more content and in a shorter dev span...
like i said before, beat em up is a simple game.

Sep 16, 2018
No it was not, you missed the purpose of the example. The topic was hiring programmers, you narrowed your argument down to my example because you wanted to. I also never said "doing nsfw art will keep companies from hiring you" you made that up yourself from going in circles. I said if they had to choose who to work for, most would work for a SFW company where they would find a better wage. You also claim NSFW makes so much revenue but didn't like when i mentioned Riot Games. Stardew Valley alone has made more income than most NSFW games, for a game that was made by a single person. Why has there not been any NSFW equivalent? And even if there was Stardew is only one of many successful SFW indie games. You don't require much research to find that out. Your argument also doesn't explain why on Steam alone the top sold games are SFW games, even though they allow NSFW. Maybe because most companies would rather not work on NSFW games which have far more restrictions and less marketability. I don't why you keep going down this rabbit hole. You are trying to prove a point that is no longer relevant at this point.
Do you know what an outlier is?
If not can I key you on this wonderful business investment called lottery tickets? You CAN make millions!

Last edited:

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
50 people????
a lot more devs/groups finish with smaller teams with games that has more content and in a shorter dev span...
Being overambitious is the real problem here.

PO was meant to be a very quick and simple game, it starts from high poly 2D, then turns 3D, then all the looter and progression is invented. The ideas is all over the place, although it seems to stabilize for now, it bloated a lot from it former self.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
Being overambitious is the real problem here.

PO was meant to be a very quick and simple game, it starts from high poly 2D, then turns 3D, then all the looter and progression is invented. The ideas is all over the place, although it seems to stabilize for now, it bloated a lot from it former self.
it's not even THAT ambitious. a lot of these mechanics are present in a lot of games that were done in a MUCH much shorter time. loot, basic combat, equip system.

it doesnt even have unique combos yet nor a skill system. nothing. the stat system doesnt even work. it's not overambitious at all.

Reactions: TakosMilGrau

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
No slowing down? Let's check out THE FACTS:

2021 - Average monthly income $15K
3 New in-game enemies (Chain Splicer, Splicer Runt, FemCop)
3 New gallery enemies with H-animations (MaleCop, Blade Bunny, Bat Bunny)
8 New Onyx H-animations (Splicer Thug and Runt, Chain Splicer, Chain Splicer and Runt, Chain Splicer and Thug, FemCop, FemCop and MaleCop, Bunny Blowjob, Bunny Pole Fuck)
2 New FemCop H-animations (Vraxe Standing, Vraxe Lift)
I won't count the Onyx Vraxe Standing and Lift animations as "new" - even when they were included in the Jan 7, 2021 update - because Gifdoozer made them on December 2020. That's a freebie I'm giving you.

2022 - Average monthly income $20K
2 New in-game enemies (Blade Bunny, Bat Bunny) - Another freebie, because these models were already rigged and ready during 2021, but they got combat animations during 2022, so I'll count them as "new"
0 New gallery enemies with H-animations
4 New Onyx H-animations (Vioreaper, Vioreaper+Larva, 2x Vioreaper, 3x Vioreaper) - more freebies here, "new" is a stretch, specially the Vioreaper+Larva is the same as the regular Vioreaper with a tiny change (even her boob movement is the same as the regular Vioreaper, despite the ridiculous nipple penetration). And the 3x Vioreaper "finished" animation was on Jan 2023
2 New FemCop H-animations (Vioreaper, 2x Vioreaper)

tl;dr
2022 had 33% more income than 2021, but produced LESS THAN HALF content (even being very generous with multiple freebies). That's called slowing down.
2022 is when censorship hit them. They not only had to rethink things, but stop progress on planned developments, remove content that was no longer valid, redesign content to replace what was taken out, and now have to recheck future content for approval. All which was a giant waste of time required by Patreon and not Ero. Its not easy to get the snowball rolling again when your project is under threat of restrictions, you already have bugs to worry about and now censorship. So technically it didn't slow down because of him, it slowed because Patreon had to throw a wrench in it.

Also his average was never $20K not even at its peak, which is now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Shark

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
50 people????
The idea gets exponentially expansive that in no way 10+ people can make it happen in a short amount of time... unless they are really committed to it and sell their souls to live only for this game's development.
Yojimbo mentioned that in 43 months' worth of development, less than 20% of all the ideas presented by Eromancer and the team are implemented in the game.

That's just my projection of how many people Ero needed to hire plus their current team to get the project smooth sailing. I dunno about your numbers, though. Might be overly generous again here XD

It's a simple game concept, yes, but Eromancer didn't straighten out the idea well enough to make it simple, just as you say.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
I literally used the MEDIAN sales statistics. You are the one who quoted a game in the top 1% of sales.
To prove that equally comparing the top 1% SFW sales is still more successful than the top 1% of NSFW sales. It's literally best vs best, your medians are not even accurate, whereas the tops of both are easy to find and compare.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
The idea gets exponentially expansive that in no way 10+ people can make it happen in a short amount of time... unless they are really committed to it and sell their souls to live only for this game's development.
Yojimbo mentioned that in 43 months' worth of development, less than 20% of all the ideas presented by Eromancer and the team are implemented in the game.

That's just my projection of how many people Ero needed to hire plus their current team to get the project smooth sailing. I dunno about your numbers, though. Might be overly generous again here XD

It's a simple game concept, yes, but Eromancer didn't straighten out the idea well enough to make it simple, just as you say.
it has never been the amount of people. it is the amount of people ACTUALLY working monthly. im willing to guess that a lot of these "members" are commissioned rather than collabed/hired.

i have already explained before. much more complex games and games that has more content, ambitious if you may, has finished with less people and less dev time. most of the time these game even have solo devs. JP devs finish EVEN faster than average. so the excuse they need more people is not really that valid. So if these "members" ACTUALLY do their monthly quotas then we would have a much more NORMAL/AVERAGE progress.

it's less than 20% because they are NOT actually doing anything at all, it was never about having a hard time on doing so but about patreon devs milking the system. if you never finish a game, you will continue earning money. it's a simple beat em up and there's no systems set up up until now... IT'S NOT THAT HARD. IT'S A SIMPLE GENRE. and there's NOTHING complex on the planned things whatsoever. almost all of these arent innovative or new. WE DONT HAVE ANY GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS WHATSOEVER. the stat system isnt even working.

you can tell me what part of all this is not simple? I don't think anyone can give an excuse for that. Almost everything that this game has and want to have has already been done over and over by others. Even if you say they suck ass at deving, this amount of content and this amount of time is not even a good excuse anymore. YEAAARS and still nothing???? do they have 2 fingers and no learning skills??? lmao it has been 5+ year. and there's barely any progress on mechanics whatsoever.

and to the people who will say "why dont you make one, if it was so easy?", you guys are aware that this is not even an argument and more of a conversation ender.
you dont have to be a chef to have an opinion on a restaurant and its dishes
you dont have to be a professional athlete to have an opinion on a team and its plays
you dont have to be a musician to have an opinion on a musical artist and their songs
YOU DONT HAVE TO MAKE AN H GAME TO HAVE AN OPINION ON ONE AND ITS DEV.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018
To prove that equally comparing the top 1% SFW sales is still more successful than the top 1% of NSFW sales. It's literally best vs best, your medians are not even accurate, whereas the tops of both are easy to find and compare.
Best vs Best is a piss poor analysis of how a market generally performs. The difference in income between the majority of indie games on steam and the top 1% is staggering.
Numbers are easy to find via:
Compare games tagged "Indie." Average Revenue: ~210,000$, Median Revenue: ~760$. That suggests that most indie games barely sell at all and that the average is massively dragged up by a small number of high-performing games.
Compare games tagged "Hentai." Average Revenue: ~100,000$, Median Revenue: ~2,600$. The average is 1/2 of Indie but the median is over 3x higher than for Indie. The lower difference between the Average and Median suggests that these games are performing better CONSISTENTLY.
A big part of this is how overly saturated the indie market is, there are 25x more games tagged indie than hentai. All that really means though is that it is a lucrative niche and you are much more likely to make a return in that market right now. How those numbers will look in the future as the eroge market grows remains to be seen.
It is true that nsfw games don't have the multimillion-dollar hits that the general market has, but if you're comparing who is doing better overall then nsfw wins. What you're saying is like saying "South Africa is doing better than Sweden economically because Elon Musk is richer than the richest Swede." All while ignoring that the average South African makes less than a quarter of what the average Swede does.

Lordnightwolf

Feb 5, 2023
wow this nothing less souls here, just trying to make fun of this guy an his game for almost 5 years. I'm not here to do that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CourierNPC

Facilus

Futa/Femboy/T-Girl/Cunny Lover
Donor
Nov 2, 2020
Really nice game, but the dev already abandoned a project before, wich makes him SUS af with new projects, I'll be lurking around here until I feel safe enought to support the project

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes