KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Changing the subject again? No problem, I got the facts here as well.
Patreon censorship didn't hit Eromancer on 2022. It was there all along regarding non-consensual sex and beastiality. Plenty of NSFW creators left (or got kicked out of) Patreon before Eromancer. Here are some examples:
StudioFOW left/got kicked out of Patreon on October 2018
Animopron left/got kicked out of Patreon around 2019
DarkLust left/got kicked out of Patreon before October 2020
A Third Dimension left/got kicked out of Patreon on September 2020

The Red Flags were all over the place, but Eromancer didn't see it coming until 2022, right? Let's check some more facts.
The Vioreaper had a retractable sting that was replaced by a dick back in April 2019. See this video:

And the Charger also had a dick back in February 2020 and was rigged and "ready for action" at seen at the end of this video:

Multiple Patrons asked them about H scenes with the Vioreaper and Charger for 2 years. Eromancer dodged the multiple questions for more than 2 years... until January 2022. Quote:
"So, one of the positive things that came out of the interactions with Patreon early this month is that we received direct permission to use some of our biomonsters in H scenes ^-^. We specifically got permission to use the Larva/Crawlers and Vioreapers."
They didn't do H-scenes for biomonsters for those 2 years because Patreon didn't allow Beastiality.

But what about non-consensual sex? Patreon didn't censor them before, right?. Again, I got more facts disproving that claim.
This is the "Game Over" screen concept from January 2020. And this is what Eromancer said about it. Quote:
" I started on the first game over H scene (it actually plays on the Continue screen), which you can see at the top of the post :D. I'm designing these with the same vibe as , where they always had some sense of peril for the player character as the clock counts down to Game Over. I'm really excited to get a bit further with this one so it's more obvious what I have in mind here :D."
View attachment 2405913

The scene got a few seconds loop animation, but was never implemented in-game (shocking, right?). However, on October 2020, one Patreon supporter asked this. Quote:
"Will we ever get that countdown game over screen that was hinted at earlier in production, to mimic the Final Fight SNES games?"
And this was Eromancer answer. Quote:
"The game over thing is in Patreon's hands unfortunately. ATM, I doubt it."

Patreon's censorship axe didn't hit Eromancer on 2022, it hit on summer 2020. Exactly at the same time as every other Patreon NSFW creator. That's why Darklust, A Third Dimension and many others left Patreon on fall/winter 2020. Eromancer just buried his head in the sand, "hoping" that Patreon would "change their minds" about it. And they hid this information from their patreons, "hoping" no one would notice.

2022's significant drop in content wasn't due to "Patreon censored my homework". It was due to Eromancer's incompetence. AGAIN.

Oh, and regarding the average income for 2022, you forgot to add the money they got from Subscribestar (another $3k to $4K). And also the sales they got from itch.io. The monthly average on 2022 was over $21K. I rounded it down to 20K for you as another "freebie"

But it doesn't matter, if it was $18K or $21K, because Eromancer said this on February 2022. Quote:

"$13,666! That's the magic number folks. If we can reach this number on SubscribeStar I can say with 100% certainty we can migrate Pure Onyx fully off of Patreon and therefore manage our own content.

Obviously, this number is not purely scientific -- there is leeway, especially pending your reaction to the following >.>

If we accomplish the above goal, then we will convert this Patreon campaign into a rule 34 project/series (not a game) that will feature animations and cinematic H scenes of popular game and hentai characters using our own custom models. Essentially Pure Onyx-style loops, tentacles, and all of that fun stuff, but featuring characters that you can vote on. It will utilize the cinematic mode framework from PO, but will be an altogether different project that won't utilize the Eromancer name, and will thus be in compliance with Patreon guidelines.

If you're skeptical as to how we would accomplish this -- we have a big and efficient character pipeline now, and our modelers are already well ahead of characters being integrated into Pure Onyx. This is doable!
"

The last paragraph is probably Eromancer's best nonsense (up to this point in time, he always overdoes himself)
But one year later and an average over $21K/month we got less than half the content for Pure Onyx than the year before and just a few concept art and T-poses for Tifa and Olga for XXXIV.

But don't lose hope, 2023 is the year they will turn it all around, now that they have 2 more programmers, right? It's doable!
Sure thing... it's not like Eromancer has ever overpromised and underdelivered.
Yes those are facts, and they line up with what i said of Patron. You further proved my point on that, so you agree with me at this point. The other point you made are the dates, you said Patreon policy happen 2020 not 2022. You also stated he got permission for biomonsters in 2022 and halted this whole time. Ok where do you think all that progress would have landed on? 2022 just like i said. Since he got permission that year there was no way he could have released it all that content that very same year. In that very same post he also says
"need to check with them specifically about the remaining ones I think"
Meaning yet more content was on hold that he could have already been working on for 2022 if he didn't have to keep checking with Patreon. So most likely that content will be seen in 2023 meaning a spike in updates for that year, and guess what? the spiders which are one of those biomonsters is being releases this year 2023. Wow its like i was right the whole time and someone was just quick jump to conclusions.

Income was another topic, if you added the other website then you must also add all other taxes and fees that go with it. On average for that year he was earning 17k, Paterons fees are usually between 5%-12%, we will say 8% as average, that alone will drop 17k to 15k (before taxes). All his other sites are the same and have their own fees and taxes, so there was no point rounding the number up to 21k when there are still many are unknown variables that deduct, meaning you should be rounding down. I'm not going to further crunching numbers for other site because the point is already proven and you are arguing finances which is already off topic.\

Also news update. Patreon threw the wrench in 2020 but they are still throwing more.

Last edited:

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong:
One thing that I noticed now is that I have never heard of Eromancer's programmers' qualifications. What engine have they mastered, how many years of experience working as a coder/programmer, or anything that is relevant to their career (has worked with AA studios before, has interned at a child company of Triple-A studios, etc.) or expertise in some programming language out there (C++, C#, JavaScript, etc.)

Now that you are part of the group, do you have any information on this? Because expertise and experience matter quite a bit and play a big role to suppress people's skepticism so that they know that the programmers know what they're doing.
I don't know too much but this is there introductions
1677063069088.png 1677063092631.png
There is not much info on thier profession., and here is Ero's :3
1677063341810.png
(✿^o^)

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I don't know too much but this is there introductions
View attachment 2408449 View attachment 2408450
There is not much info on thier profession., and here is Ero's :3
View attachment 2408452
(✿^o^)
Now this gives some perspective on why the game took quite a bit of time to produce updates or partially why the project is all over the place, planning-wise. These two also worked on different things other than the assigned role(s) while Ero started as a modder that's going on and off (I assume periodically), then do music production, and then took an Engineering degree...

Now that there are another two or three who got on board, have they introduced themselves? Any backgrounds that may help me getting rid of this skepticism of the programmers/coders expertise on the matter at hand?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dzenpie

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
Yes those are facts, and they line up with what i said of Patron. You further proved my point on that, so you agree with me at this point. The other point you made are the dates, you said Patreon policy happen 2020 not 2022. You also stated he got permission for biomonsters in 2022 and halted this whole time. Ok where do you think all that progress would have landed on? 2022 just like i said. Since he got permission that year there was no way he could have released it all that content that very same year. In that very same post he also says
"need to check with them specifically about the remaining ones I think"
Meaning yet more content was on hold that he could have already been working on for 2022 if he didn't have to keep checking with Patreon. So most likely that content will be seen in 2023 meaning a spike in updates for that year, and guess what? the spiders which are one of those biomonsters is being releases this year 2023. Wow its like i was right the whole time and someone was just quick jump to conclusions.

Income was another topic, if you added the other website then you must also add all other taxes and fees that go with it. On average for that year he was earning 17k, Paterons fees are usually between 5%-12%, we will say 8% as average, that alone will drop 17k to 15k (before taxes). All his other sites are the same and have their own fees and taxes, so there was no point rounding the number up to 21k when there are still many are unknown variables that deduct, meaning you should be rounding down. I'm not going to further crunching numbers for other site because the point is already proven and you are arguing finances which is already off topic.\

Also news update. Patreon threw the wrench in 2020 but they are still throwing more.
NO.
I haven't agreed to anything you said. And you haven't disproved or debunked any of my claims. You haven't even read what I wrote.
I understand reading long posts full of facts and presented in a rational way is hard. Regardless, I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I'm presenting the facts so others have enough data to make educated opinions on the subjects at hand.

So I will summarize my claims again in a tl;dr fashion:

1.- Eromancer earned more money in 2022 than 2021
2.- Despite earning more money, he delivered far less content in 2022 than 2021
3.- The reason why he delivered less content wasn't Patreon's censorship (as he claims), but the consequences of his own bad decisions.
4.- Such bad decisions include (but aren't limited to): procastinating, not hiring enough programmers in 9 years of "gaming development", "hoping" that Patreon's censorship would magically disappear, "hoping" that Patreon's censorship wouldn't affect him (despite dozens of other content creators being affected), wasting resources on dumb stuff, hiding information from his patrons and, above all, always blaming others instead of taking responsibility for his actions.
5.- The January 2023 progress update proves that he hasn't learned anything, as he is making the same mistakes as he's been making for the last 9 years

You say that 2023 will be the year we'll see a "spike in updates". My prediction is that - unless Eromancer radically changes his MO and starts taking responsibility for his mistakes - 2023 will still have less content updates than 2021. Let's wait for 10 more months and see which one of us is right, shall we?

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
Does someone know about some games like that? thanks!
If you mean 2.5D Beat 'em Up games with H content look for (most of them can be found here on f95):

- Goblin Walker by Rusimarudou. WARNING: It's more of an RPG/Beat 'em Up Hybrid but has excellent gameplay and graphics. I also highly recommend Hentai Eater by the same studio, but this is a 2D platformer/side scroller.
- Fatal Fight by StudioS (you can find it on svscomics). WARNING: It's old, the gameplay is janky and has Heavy Ryona and GURO but it's very fun to play
- Hentai Apocalypser Penix by Scratch Star. WARNING: It's old and the gameplay is janky. If you like the H-art I also recommend Hentai Apocalypser Zubrius by the same studio, but this is a 2D platformer/side scroller.
- Magical Angel Fairy Heart by Umai Neko. WARNING: The gameplay is slow.
- Blazing Angel Mistletear by Mille Feuille. WARNING: The gameplay is also slow.
- Multiple games from Ultramambo. WARNING: The gameplay is also slow.
- Multiple games by ElithHeart. WARNING: The gameplay is also slow.
- Professional Wrestler Kaede Kamigaki from Almonds & Big Milk. WARNING: The game is short and the gameplay is janky and feels a bit unresponsive.
- Multiple games from Mara Studio or Pasture Soft. WARNING: They're more focused on Survival Horror/Exploration that Beat 'em Up. If you ever played Splatterhouse 3 on the Megadrive you'll know what I mean.

Last edited:

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
NO.
I haven't agreed to anything you said. And you haven't disproved or debunked any of my claims. You haven't even read what I wrote.
I understand reading long posts full of facts and presented in a rational way is hard. Regardless, I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I'm presenting the facts so others have enough data to make educated opinions on the subjects at hand.

So I will summarize my claims again in a tl;dr fashion:

1.- Eromancer earned more money in 2022 than 2021
2.- Despite earning more money, he delivered far less content in 2022 than 2021
3.- The reason why he delivered less content wasn't Patreon's censorship (as he claims), but the consequences of his own bad decisions.
4.- Such bad decisions include (but aren't limited to): procastinating, not hiring enough programmers in 9 years of "gaming development", "hoping" that Patreon's censorship would magically disappear, "hoping" that Patreon's censorship wouldn't affect him (despite dozens of other content creators being affected), wasting resources on dumb stuff, hiding information from his patrons and, above all, always blaming others instead of taking responsibility for his actions.
5.- The January 2023 progress update proves that he hasn't learned anything, as he is making the same mistakes as he's been making for the last 9 years

You say that 2023 will be the year we'll see a "spike in updates". My prediction is that - unless Eromancer radically changes his MO and starts taking responsibility for his mistakes - 2023 will still have less content updates than 2021. Let's wait for 10 more months and see which one of us is right, shall we?
You're the one not reading, i already explained, the same year he makes content is not the year he releases it. You did the research how are you not seeing it? The FemCop was worked on in 2020 and released 2021. The bunny girl, worked on in 2021, released 2022. Now the current Spiders enemies, worked on 2022 now releasing in 2023. The very same biomonsters that could have been worked and released on 2022 could not happened due to Patreon's pending approval. He has a history of releasing content that was worked on a year or more prior.
You confirmed yourself that the change happen in 2020, and it was not until 2022 he got permission for biomonsters content, which was a big update that would have landed on 2022 had he not been slowed down. Thus why there is a gap in 2022, that was the content that was hit the hardest, the rest required just a few fixes but had easier work arounds. How do you work around rape scene? skip foreplay and go to sex. How do you work around bestiality between a spider and a women? You can't, you have to start thoroughly defining what classifies as it. Sex between human and animal, meaning your spider now has to be redesigned to look more like a fantasy monster and less like a real animal (something he didn't know until he got the green light). Much more work to do redesigning whole characters, than editing a scene with existing characters. I don't see how you don't understand this.

And how is he suppose to hire more people when the stats show he earned much less during the early days of PO with an average was around 10k, don't think you understand the cost of living. Not only do you have to find the right person, but then have to funds the moment you do, not everyone is going to be on hold for you. It only until recently that he has peaked the highest earnings and guess what? he hired 2 new programmers as i mentioned before maybe making this bold you will read it.

Also, this is a normal occurrence with indie development. They are independent they won't have the high level talent an AAA studio would, you should already know this by now, this is basic knowledge how are you missing this? (it the very same reason you said comparing AAA to Indie was unfair, this is what happens in Indie) But despite knowing this you still insist on checking his content.....lol why? Logically you would have moved along to another game. You only choose to spend time on things you are passionate about. Meaning if you chose to spend time here then i guess you are passionate about Ero and his works as i am :3

Last edited:

ObsidianBay

Feb 21, 2022
If you mean 2.5D Beat 'em Up games with H content look for (most of them can be found here on f95):

- Goblin Walker by Rusimarudou. WARNING: It's more of an RPG/Beat 'em Up Hybrid but has excellent gameplay and graphics. I also highly recommend Hentai Eater by the same studio, but this is a 2D platformer/side scroller.
- Fatal Fight by StudioS (you can find it on svscomics). WARNING: It's old, the gameplay is janky and has Heavy Ryona and GURO but it's very fun to play
- Hentai Apocalypser Penix by Scratch Star. WARNING: It's old and the gameplay is janky. If you like the H-art I also recommend Hentai Apocalypser Zubrius by the same studio, but this is a 2D platformer/side scroller.
- Magical Angel Fairy Heart by Umai Neko. WARNING: The gameplay is slow.
- Blazing Angel Mistletear by Mille Feuille. WARNING: The gameplay is also slow.
- Multiple games from Ultramambo. WARNING: The gameplay is also slow.
- Multiple games by ElithHeart. WARNING: The gameplay is also slow.
- Professional Wrestler Kaede Kamigaki from Almonds & Big Milk. WARNING: The game is short and the gameplay is janky and feels a bit unresponsive.
- Multiple games from Mara Studio or Pasture Soft. WARNING: They're more focused on Survival Horror/Exploration that Beat 'em Up. If you ever played Splatterhouse 3 on the Megadrive you'll know what I mean.
I would also add Ayura Crisis and its sequel ErisDysnomia to this list.

Reactions: timmy95

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
They are independent they won't have the high level talent an AAA studio would, you should already know this by now, this is basic knowledge
It is also common sense that a person should know when to strike and when to retreat if they know and are capable of punching above their weight.

In Eromancer's case:
He punched above his weight by making AAA quality game with an indie budget and skillset, but don't know when to back down and retrace the steps to make it actually viable.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
It is also common sense that a person should know when to strike and when to retreat if they know and are capable of punching above their weight.

In Eromancer's case:
He punched above his weight by making AAA quality game with an indie budget and skillset, but don't know when to back down and retrace the steps to make it actually viable.
Like i said he's not the first, others have stumbled before its part of the process, it's not a special case. People said the same for NMS, and they eventually pulled through. Success is earned not given.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Now this gives some perspective on why the game took quite a bit of time to produce updates or partially why the project is all over the place, planning-wise. These two also worked on different things other than the assigned role(s) while Ero started as a modder that's going on and off (I assume periodically), then do music production, and then took an Engineering degree...

Now that there are another two or three who got on board, have they introduced themselves? Any backgrounds that may help me getting rid of this skepticism of the programmers/coders expertise on the matter at hand?
No, only one said "hi im programmer" basic intro and that's it. Just wait, many games on this website for you to play in meantime.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Like i said he's not the first, others have stumbled before its part of the process, it's not a special case. People said the same for NMS, and they eventually pulled through. Success is earned not given.
So, what have they achieved so far in terms of being successful? I'd like to know more about Eromancer's philosophy on success (or you, in that regard).

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
People said the same for NMS
No Man's Sky pulled through because Sean Murray managed to get back on his feet while the hate train plowed through his game. I cannot say the same for Eromancer as I have yet to see significant progress in the game on which you claimed that "2023 will have a spike in content updates", which this claim has yet to be proven... well, other than reposts from a few years ago, that is.

Also, now that you mentioned a very well-known IP in the gaming sphere, let me raise another two for you:
Duke Nukem Forever and Beyond Good and Evil 2. More than a decade and still no progress at all.
I can say the same for Pure Onyx and MATM, both almost reaching a decade (Pure Onyx in four to five years, MATM by next year) and the progress is very minimal.

I can understand if the team hired by Eromancer had day jobs working elsewhere than being a part-time artist or coder/programmer

Last edited:

Lordnightwolf

Feb 5, 2023
CourierNPC
Beyond Good and Evil 2 the had a beta then drop it right after giving news about the beta to come this year!
Ubisoft has confirmed that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still in development, despite an onslaught of cancellations which have left three unannounced games on the cutting room floor as of January 2023. The cancellations came as a result of economic challenges the studio outlined in its most recent financial report.
1677212309040.png

Reactions: CourierNPC

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
I was only asking about the new recruits and their background. That is it. Nothing else was asked or requested.
What i was implying is stop dwelling on it. No matter the info i give you won't be satisficed with it either way.

So, what have they achieved so far in terms of being successful?
Well he's maintained himself relevant, clearly his game is not forgettable and has left an impact on people, despite the "little progress" you claim he's made people still look forward to his updates. His following seems to keep growing, new people keep joining despite the amount trying to discredit him. (But i realized it only the same people doing that) By now people should be leaving instead.

No Man's Sky pulled through because Sean Murray managed to get back on his feet while the hate train plowed through his game
He seems to be pulling through, he hasn't lost hope nor his team. It's only grown actually, in the midst of the hate. so yay! :3

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes