Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
So, what have they achieved so far in terms of being successful? I'd like to know more about Eromancer's philosophy on success (or you, in that regard).
work less while earning more money, I call that success. if it's morally ok? ofc not, the game itself is bad for human mental health. overall it doesn't matter, I would like the Dev to actually work on the game instead of lying for months on end with nonsense updates instead of actual content (17k a month makes him a very rich person no matter what country he lives in) but the simps have spoken, and as long as he keeps getting paid why the fuck should he change anything?

Eromancer keeps not updating the game with actual content (1 animation per month and 100 game "fixes" no one asked for is not content that is worth 17k dollars earned per month non stop) and yet his cash flow grew by 2000 dollars in recent months. whoever is supporting him is brain dead, you would think at least half would leave after a couple of months but it doesn't happen. so... that's the reality atm. this game will never be finished because people can't stop simping, the Dev probably sends them nudes or something XD

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
What i was implying is stop dwelling on it. No matter the info i give you won't be satisficed with it either way.
You have access, you have the info, and you're the fact-checker here. Is it abnormally unnatural for me to ask you questions?
new people keep joining despite the amount trying to discredit him. (But i realized it only the same people doing that)
"Discredit him" by giving the raw data of what has been done and will be done again?
clearly his game is not forgettable and has left an impact on people, despite the "little progress" you claim he's made people still look forward to his updates.
He does leave an impact on people albeit unpleasant for as long as MATM and this one existed, I'm afraid. Although, whether or not the game is forgettable is remain to be seen.

I may sound negative all the time, but I'll give credit when the credit's due at the time Pure Onyx deserves it. I mean, what else should I talk positively about the game other than it being one of the more visually attractive games than others?

I can understand if Eromancer is some kind of Black God that's having fun seeing us all here banter like kids in the sandbox arguing who's sandcastle is the best in the whole neighborhood

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zepheral

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
You have access, you have the info, and you're the fact-checker here. Is it abnormally unnatural for me to ask you questions?
If you are sincere about your questions then support the game and join his discord, you will speak to them directly. Its what i did :3
Discredit him" by giving the raw data of what has been done and will be done again
Labeling Ero a scammer is not raw data, its a personal opinion created out of spite. Raw data is data that has not been processed.
He does leave an impact on people albeit unpleasant for as long as MATM and this one existed, I'm afraid. Although, whether or not the game is forgettable is remain to be seen.
That would not explain the spike in recent followers despite this game being in production for quite a while.
This thread is about Pure Onyx, a game of Eromancer. Your activity shows that you interact with this thread more than any other thread. This already shows its not forgettable, you don't argue nor praise nor question about other games as you do this one. You words can say one thing, but your actions say another.

UZone

Aug 29, 2019
Sooo... now that the dust settled - is it worth following the development of this game or nah?
I decided to check this thread out after months of not seeing anything on Eromancer's Twitter page (did they lock his account or smth?) and learned that in the past year or so they've massively censored out the game's animations due to Patreon's dumbass policies.

Then there's also the issue that almost every changelog I've seen for Pure Onyx has a long, drawn-out bullet point of list of "features" which are completely irrelevant to like 99% of the people who play these types of games (e.g. I've seen people meme-ing technical Unity changes like better "water reflections" or minor "combat optimisations" or whatever lol). The actual meat of the game that is the animations seems to have gone on the backburner.

Then I remembered Eromancer started ANOTHER project solely based on creating animations for fan-voted characters, but that's gone nowhere in the past year as well.

In the end though, I've known this guy since the "Malise and the Machine" days (even was a patron for a few months back then), so I can't really say I'm surprised by what I'm seeing :KEK:.

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
I decided to check this thread out after months of not seeing anything on Eromancer's Twitter page (did they lock his account or smth?) and learned that in the past year or so they've massively censored out the game's animations due to Patreon's dumbass policies.
He went on a Twitter Strike, like many other people did, as soon as the E.M. purchase was confirmed. Another REALLY dumb decision on his part, as his tweets attracted a lot of potential new customers, and marketing is one of Eromancer's strong points.
But to Eromancer it's more important to Virtue Signal to "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" that he's an ally than making money.
And he's probably oblivious to the fact that the "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" he's supporting and virtue signaling to are the same ones censoring his game on Patreon. And also that the same "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" rarely spend money supporting the kind of games he develops (as many of them are broke and those who have money don't support the economic model he uses).

PS: I apologize for the self-censoring, but I want to avoid being banned for "non-loving speech". We all know how powerful "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" are on this platform.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arrngrim and UZone

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
What i was implying is stop dwelling on it. No matter the info i give you won't be satisficed with it either way.
You haven't given a single piece of info. You haven't given a single fact. You haven't refuted or debunked a single claim. All you've done is change subjects, create strawmen and talk nonsense. Saying "have faith" or "wait... and you'll see" is not giving info. No wonder why you support Eromancer, you behave exactly the same as he does.
You need to provide SOMETHING to satisfy people (that's what she said).

Well he's maintained himself relevant, clearly his game is not forgettable and has left an impact on people, despite the "little progress" you claim he's made people still look forward to his updates. His following seems to keep growing, new people keep joining despite the amount trying to discredit him. (But i realized it only the same people doing that) By now people should be leaving instead.
Let me tell you a story.
There was a time when Blizzard Entertainment was a great company. I played Warcraft and Blackthorne when they came out. Played Warcraft 2 on a LAN in College with some friends. Loved Diablo 1 and 2, and Starcraft. Blizzard was relevant because it was innovative and released high-quality products. Years passed and WoW came. Still high-quality but Blizzard put all eggs in the WoW basket, and stopped innovating. More years passed and they released some good games and some mediocre ones. More years passed...
...and nowadays Blizzard is still VERY RELEVANT. For being the butt of the joke and a Meme provider.
From "you think you do, but you don't!" to "don't you guys have phones?" to "Warcraft 3 Reforged fiasco" to "Diablo 2 censorship and uglyfication of female characters" to "the insane monetization of Diablo Immortal and Overwatch 2".

Eromancer is great at marketing his game and attracting new customers, but his customer retention is poor (at best). He's burned too many bridges and he keeps burning new ones, always over-promising and under-delivering. Being relevant is not the same as being successful. There isn't an infinite pool of customers out there, he needs to do something to keep the ones he has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arrngrim

UZone

Aug 29, 2019
He went on a Twitter Strike, like many other people did, as soon as the E.M. purchase was confirmed. Another REALLY dumb decision on his part, as his tweets attracted a lot of potential new customers, and marketing is one of Eromancer's strong points.
But to Eromancer it's more important to Virtue Signal to "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" that he's an ally than making money.
And he's probably oblivious to the fact that the "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" he's supporting and virtue signaling to are the same ones censoring his game on Patreon. And also that the same "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" rarely spend money supporting the kind of games he develops (as many of them are broke and those who have money don't support the economic model he uses).

PS: I apologize for the self-censoring, but I want to avoid being banned for "hate speech". We all know how powerful "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" are on this platform.
Lmao, Eromancer is even crazier than I thought. It really is true that when the cancel crowd can't cancel something or someone, they end up cancelling themselves.

I still don't get it though, you are absolutely right that this same "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" would tear him and his games apart if given the ability to do so(and every other game on this website tbh). Yet at the same time Eromancer's (rightfully) complaining about Patreon's policies which are dictated by that very same "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" and is trying to migrate to Subscribestar...which is widely seen as being owned by the very "enemies" of that group of people lol

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
Lmao, Eromancer is even crazier than I thought. It really is true that when the cancel crowd can't cancel something or someone, they end up cancelling themselves.

I still don't get it though, you are absolutely right that this same "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" would tear him and his games apart if given the ability to do so(and every other game on this website tbh). Yet at the same time Eromancer's (rightfully) complaining about Patreon's policies which are dictated by that very same "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" and is trying to migrate to Subscribestar...which is widely seen as being owned by the very "enemies" of that group of people lol
The thing is... he never REALLY tried. He only PRETENDED to try.
As I explained a couple pages ago in another post, by summer 2020 Eromancer had been notified by Patreon about their policy to enforce the ban on "non-consensual and beastiality" content. He had 2 monsters (Vioreaper and Charger) already in game prohibited from having an H-scene due to beastiality as well as 1 animation (game-over scene) prohibited from being released due to non-consensual content. He ignored all of it (as well as hid that information from his supporters) and 1 and 1/2 years later he posted this on his January 2022 Patreon update. Quote:
"We've recently been contacted by Patreon about making some adjustments to some of our animations. Most specifically the grapple animations that precede H scenes, as well as those where Onyx shows resistance.
I encourage you not to overreact with the obvious kneejerk reaction, as after reviewing the details it's nothing worth jumping ship over. If Patreon relaxes content restrictions in the future (not unheard of, see Steam), then we will simply have additional content for our H filtering system."
Here is the full text:

He NEVER tried to leave Patreon, he only opened Subscribestar AFTER a lot of supporters threaten to leave (and after those supporters suggested Subscribestar). But he did it the old Eromancer's way, by setting up an unachievable goal (considering the amount of ACTIVE patrons he had). And after that he has NEVER promoted Subscribestar on his social media. His main Twitter account shows Patreon as his main supporter link (and Subscribestar as secondary), and his 2 other Twitter accounts (EromancerSFW and Eromancer AI) don't show Subscribestar at all. Same with his reddit posts, they only show Patreon.
Check them out soon, before he edits them. I know he's reading this, see my next post ;)

But this is not a coincidence, it's a calculated move. You see, people who subscribe to a "certain group of people with a certain type of ideology" MO is to play victim. They never admit making any mistake because the reason for them to fail are not their own fucked-up decisions, but because they're being held down by people of non-color who are part of the oppresive non-matriarchy.
Patreon's censorship is a blessing to Eromancer, an endless source of excuses, because he has to spend extra time and resources redesigning the spiders so he can circumvent Patreon's unfair treatment of his art. It's not because he has 5+ humanoid (and some non-humanoid) character models already sculpted and ready to put in-game for more than a year that could completely avoid being banned for beastiality...
:rolleyes:

But I'm sure that's not his decision, it's his supporters who are arachnophyles...

...I wonder how many of his supporters know what arachnophylia even means.
:KEK:

Last edited:
Reactions: Arrngrim and UZone

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
SHOCKING LAST-MINUTE NEWS!

5 hours ago, Eromancer REMEMBERED he had a twitter account, and re-posted one of his old March 2021 videos. After 3 months of Twitter inactivity (except for a few responses to other users, but without posting anything himself since November 18, 2022) he just remembered! What an amazing coincidence!

It's not like he read my post or anything...

1677371185494.png

And this is is why, Ladies and Gentlemen, Eromancer is still "relevant". He's such an endless source of entertainment!

Last edited:

UZone

Aug 29, 2019
SHOCKING LAST-MINUTE NEWS!

5 hours ago, Eromancer REMEMBERED he had a twitter account, and re-posted one of his old March 2021 videos. After 3 months of Twitter inactivity (except for a few responses to other users, but without posting anything himself since November 18, 2022) he just remembered! What an amazing coincidence!

View attachment 2419267

And this is is why, Ladies and Gentlemen, Eromancer is still "relevant". He's such an endless source of entertainment!
Yeeeeahhh, less than an hour after we bring up his 3-month long Twitter silence on the biggest Eromancer thread on the internet, Eromancer suddenly makes a new Twitter post (7:41pm vs 6:46pm). Totally not sus :KEK:

Funny thing is, if he's actually subscribed to this thread and reads everything, how come he never actually responds to any of the criticism or suggestions? He used to do that a lot back in the ULMF thread days for Malise and the Machine.

But then again, I have to question his business acumen if it took some random strangers on a hentai forum to remind him that using his 76 000 follower Twitter page for promoting his game might be a good idea lol. How did the other team members react to this "Twitter strike" of his, I wonder? Surely some of them must have had some common sense and tried to tell him what a dumb idea it was?

Oh well, maybe in the next few days Eromancer may realise that it's also a good idea to actually properly promote his Subscribestar page on his social media profiles like you mentioned in your previous post.

Last edited:

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
Funny thing is, if he's actually subscribed to this thread and reads everything, how come he never actually responds to any of the criticism or suggestions? He used to do that a lot back in the ULMF thread days for Malise and the Machine.
Nah, on ULMF he cried like a little bitch to the admins due to all the hate and BS the users were catching onto and pointing out to him about it and he ran away having his MATM board locked. Lol. You honestly think he is going to have any balls to get on here and make comments?

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
You haven't given a single piece of info. You haven't given a single fact. You haven't refuted or debunked a single claim
I have, you don't see them because you don't read, you would have to change that first. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
Let me tell you a story.
There was a time when Blizzard Entertainment was a great company
Oh wow NOW its ok to compare him to an AAA studio, but when i do it it's bad, the irony lol
Being relevant is not the same as being successful. There isn't an infinite pool of customers out there, he needs to do something to keep the ones he has.
Your statement does not make sense, how is he gaining followers rather than losing "given his history" that you so often mention. In what way is that unsuccessful? According to you, actively gaining the audience and funding is bad when developing a game. That is wild logic.
Yes its actually is a coincidence, a member mentioned how Street Fighter used Cammy in a similar pose to FemCop
dhgrgr.png
Thus it prompt Ero to make the tweet hence the hashtags##
5984984.png
This proves how easily you mislead not only others but your own self. As long as you remain in your bubble you will only see thing how you want them to. Which further emphasizes my first point. You dismissed what i say because you want to.

Last edited:

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
I have, you don't see them because you don't read, you would have to change that first. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
You are the one who doesn't comprehend what other people write. That's why so many others positively react to my posts and not yours. You write unintelligible texts trying to answer questions that were never asked in the first place. You're only embarrassing yourself.

Oh wow NOW its ok to compare him to an AAA studio, but when i do it it's bad, the irony lol
I never compared Eromancer to Blizzard. You completely missed the point. I still don't know if it's on purpose or due to lack of understanding, but I know that's not what I wrote. What I wrote was that being relevant is not the same as being successful. And I used Blizzard as an example of still being very relevant for being complete clowns.
And I never said that it was bad when you did it. Other people did. You know you're talking to more than one person in this forum, right?

Your statement does not make sense, how is he gaining followers rather than losing "given his history" that you so often mention. In what way is that unsuccessful?
It made sense to EVERYONE ELSE's. You are the ONLY ONE who didn't understand it. Please read it again.
I talked about the difference between GAINING new customers and RETAINING the customers you already have. Eromancer's MO only works as a short-term strategy. If Eromancer wants to SERIOUSLY work in the H-industry in the long run, he's shooting his own foot.

According to you, actively gaining the audience and funding is bad when developing a game. That is wild logic.
I never said that. Read what I write before posting. And I have no clue what you're trying to say.
1677407749139.png

By the way, English is not my 1st language, that's why I'm very careful to choose the right words for others to understand what I write. I care about communication.

Yes its actually is a coincidence, a member mentioned how Street Fighter used Cammy in a similar pose to FemCop
View attachment 2419548
Thus it prompt Ero to make the tweet hence the hashtags##
View attachment 2419549
This proves how easily you mislead not only others but your own self. As long as you remain in your bubble you will only see thing how you want them to. Which further emphasizes my first point. You dismissed what i say because you want to.
I never said he posted IN REFERENCE OF WHAT I SAID. I also saw the SF6 video and noticed the "stretching Cammy" animation 2 days ago. But the timing is still very suspicious.
Even if it's just a coincidence, the fact remains that he's been on a Twitter Strike for more than 3 months. And that's a very bad decision because it limits the use of his best platform to attract new customers.

I don't "mislead" anyone. I'm neither a leader, nor a shepherd. I don't treat people like cattle.
I line up the facts so others can reach their own conclusions. I follow the evidence and encourage others to think for themselves and do the same.
I don't belong to the "Eromancer's Cult". You do.

Last edited:

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
You write unintelligible texts trying to answer questions that were never asked in the first place. You're only embarrassing yourself.
I don't remember asking you anything either and yet you're here embarrassing yourself as well. Funny how you speak of me but don't see yourself. There's that self projection again.
I never compared Eromancer to Blizzard
You clearly did, your "story" was in response to Ero's relevancy, which spoke of Blizzard's relevancy. Why would you speak about them if not to compare? Were you not implying they can both share a similar lack of success despite their relevancy? i'll define compare for you.
Compare: estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between
Are you saying that is not what you did?
Success is also literally defined as:
having achieved popularity, profit, or distinction
What else are you seeking? You say "retention of audience" but he has be around for close to a decade and he is at his all time highest. A month ago i said this
Ironically his Patreon as went up, and it's 3,365 as of now for future record
and now is at 3,863, he gained 498 in that short time, why has it been growing for the past 3 years? Despite all the "bad decisions" and "facts" you claim all which fall within those 3 years. These are not free users memeing like in your "story", these are active paying supporters. The only drop he's had was near the end of MATM, which pales in comparison to the raise he's gained with PO. So statistically he had more people join in supporting this game, and has lasted longer than the last but somehow he is unsuccessful now? what? lol
It made sense to EVERYONE ELSE's. You are the ONLY ONE who didn't understand it. Please read it again.
I talked about the difference between GAINING new customers and RETAINING the customers you already have
That self projection again even though you're the one refusing to understand. I already gave you the numbers and any who left could be because given how Patreon works (i'm guilty of this) some people leave but come back so what evidence you have that those are not old customers returning? None from what i've seen, so you can't roll that out the window. The corner store i would go to as a child no longer has me or my neighbors going to it anymore, it has picked up new people the have moved in ever since. Does that make them less successful because they didn't "retain" the same custumers but "gained" new ones?
I never said that. Read what I write before posting. And I have no clue what you're trying to say
Yes you said this yourself
I know he's reading this, see my next post ;)
and this
What an amazing coincidence!

You don't have to say it to imply it, thats why the word "implications" exist. You're just trying to back out of it now. Now i won't beat you over the head with it, not going to be that way, but it's obvious you were wrong :3

May 3, 2022
i still dont get why people here fight each other anyways are there any good side scroller porn games? i suck at finding and it seems this game is pretty bad when it comes to development hence the lack of porn in it, ngl these are just basic sex position i was expecting rough sex or something but nope its just parasite in city but 3d and without the zombies and mutated shit in it

May 3, 2022
i still dont get why people here fight each other anyways are there any good side scroller porn games? i suck at finding and it seems this game is pretty bad when it comes to development hence the lack of porn in it, ngl these are just basic sex position i was expecting rough sex or something but nope its just parasite in city but 3d and without the zombies and mutated shit in it
also how the fuck they lack devs

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
I made a list of some 2.5D Beat 'em Up games I've played on page 200. Check it out, maybe you'll find some you like.

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes