Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
PS: By the way, I mentioned before that Eromancer doesn't want to promote his Subscribestar over Patreon. Guess what he did as soon as he came back to Twitter after the 3 month strike? He deleted the Subscribestar link. His main twitter account only shows Patreon and itch.io. But I'm sure is just a coincidence... :rolleyes:
Fucking-this^!
I think this action alone clears out all discussion about the intentions of Eromancer on maintaining "the Vision" of the project haha

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
Fucking-this^!
I think this action alone clears out all discussion about the intentions of Eromancer on maintaining "the Vision" of the project haha
If you add last months' twitter shadowban on NSFW accounts, his Subscribestar visibility is lowest than ever. Eromancer's other 2 twitter accounts (EromancerSFW and EromancerAI) aren't shadowbanned, but they never had the Subscribestar link anyway.
The only place he's still keeping the Subscribestar link is his reddit account, and he hasn't posted anything there in 10 months...

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
Oof i can see things here have not improved any, he still milking things along eh? i remember having a conversation on like page 100 that he could have finished this game and started working on another and he would have tripled his income..

Instead we have someone who "Changes his mind" so often he might as well be star citizen.... Omg that joke wont last for too much longer since even star citizen is finally starting to take some real shape. If star citizen comes out before this... idk ill throw a party or something.

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
how to unlock Void Slums
You can't, they're not yet available. In Eromancer's own words:

"Apologies if it's a bit underwhelming this month :(. We only had 3 weeks since the patch for the March update was on the 7th, and I am just a couple days shy of getting a new map in. I will try to patch in the Slums map in a couple days along with the tier 2 H models and anything else that blows up ^-^;;."

On a positive note, we know what the May update will have...

...maybe.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
If you add last months' twitter shadowban on NSFW accounts, his Subscribestar visibility is lowest than ever. Eromancer's other 2 twitter accounts (EromancerSFW and EromancerAI) aren't shadowbanned, but they never had the Subscribestar link anyway.
The only place he's still keeping the Subscribestar link is his reddit account, and he hasn't posted anything there in 10 months...
The issue is Substar itself, they have two sites and
Substar.
adult is an adult site that most sites often blacklist for being +18. Meanwhile Pateron is not market as an adult site which is why that one works fine everywhere. After linking Substar on the NSFW account, he noticed a drop in interactions compared to a mirror post he did on his SFW account. Both accounts are the same the only difference he made was linking Substar to NSFW and his post started getting less seen.
1683002133862.png 1683002162580.png

but prior to that his NSFW was doing better than the SFW for the same exact post.

1683002302389.png 1683002496413.png
1683002537156.png 1683002571879.png

Linking Substar on the SFW account will burn another bridge and cause it to plummet. So unless you have another theory for why this is, as its stands that's the conclusion we have come to.

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Substar.
adult is an adult site that most sites often blacklist for being +18. Meanwhile Pateron is not market as an adult site which is why that one works fine everywhere. After linking Substar on the NSFW account, he noticed a drop in interactions compared to a mirror post he did on his SFW account. Both accounts are the same the only difference he made was linking Substar to NSFW and his post started getting less seen.

Linking Substar on the SFW account will burn another bridge and cause it to plummet. So unless you have another theory for why this is, as its stands that's the conclusion we have come to.
Jesus H. Christ, the amount of coping mechanism here is out of scale.

First - is NOT blacklisted, definitely not on Twitter. It is visible and is just filtered from TRENDING IN POSTS which is obvious since, surprise surprise, it is NSFW. It is working as intended.

Now, having this in mind, we can easily take a guess that, surprise surprise, most common social medias are NOT taking kindly to adult-only stuff and you make peace with it and try to find a work around. Most H-devs using have it linked on their NSFW account because they use other accounts and medias to promote themselves for the wider audience, with NSFW account basking in their glory from other sources. If for every 10 visitors, 1 checks out NSFW account, it is already a huge success marketing wise.
You just need to accept the reality of things that it will not be as great as advertising a toothpaste in TV.

Eromancer is trying to evade the issue and as a result, ends up in a limbo of their own making. How can Substar gain a momentum if they don't even try to make it visible anywhere?
It's like complaining you don't get laid when all you do is sitting at home, eating doritos and throwing fits at women on imageboards...a clowning of a quite high caliber.

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
Substar.
View attachment 2588827 View attachment 2588828

but prior to that his NSFW was doing better than the SFW for the same exact post.

View attachment 2588831 View attachment 2588837
View attachment 2588839 View attachment 2588840

I don't have "another theory". I have facts.

I'm an old guy. I grew up before the internet era. But even I know that the twitter shadowban on accounts was for NSFW content in their posts, and had nothing to do with a Subscribestar Link.
There are DOZENS of videos on YT explaining the twitter shadowban in autistic detail. Lack of Entertainment made a video on it. SomeOrdinaryGamers made a video on it. Upper Echelon made multiple videos on it. Reddit is full of threads on it. For months, you couldn't search a NSFW twitter account on twitter (or its mirrors, like nitter). You needed a DIRECT LINK.
After months of backlash, twitter removed the shadowban, but kept the NSFW posts under an "adult login". Again, this has been discussed on multiple places (videos and threads that show how to "bypass" the adult login).

YOU CAME WITH A CONCLUSION AFTER ZERO RESEARCH. The Subscribestar link HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. If I, an old Gen-Xer could figure out what happened, so could you. Stop "believing" everything Eromancer says and think for yourself.

PS: Here's a great quote (attributed to Mark Twain):
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

anoehtotoyr

Aug 8, 2022
They made a "mommy" enemy for muscle-lovers like you, she's called Semi;

View attachment 2584064 View attachment 2584065

At the current upate speed she'll be added by 2030...
...maybe.
This is such a scummy practice they don't get enough shit for it.
If you read the "development" of the game through their Patreon posts, they're always teasing so much that you could believe the current builds have all these characters, updated gameplay mechanics, scenarios, outfits and even weapons. You can easily find a post from last year and none of it is still in the game, even though they post it as if it's going to be there next month.

No wonder they make so much money. They know how to advertise a product that doesn't even have half of it, although that's fraud by definition.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
How can Substar gain a momentum if they don't even try to make it visible anywhere?
I just got done explaining not long ago, that some people still won't switch even if you tell them directly, i swear anything i tell you goes in one ear and out the other. They find Patron more convenient, as a result it will always be competing SubStar for attention. Despite what Yoji says about creators leaving, many still remain on Patreon. For many it's still the go to site where they have all their favorites, it's only the ones that have remain exclusive to SubStar that have had an increase, naturally since it's their only site so where else would you find them. Creators that link both sites usually will have the larger audience over on Patreon. Obviously Ero isn't going shut the door on them if they remain stubborn as a mule on there.

• Angry
Reactions: Buziol

Ironfoot

Jun 7, 2017
I just got done explaining not long ago, that some people still won't switch even if you tell them directly, i swear anything i tell you goes in one ear and out the other. They find Patron more convenient, as a result it will always be competing SubStar for attention. Despite what Yoji says about creators leaving, many still remain on Patreon. For many it's still the go to site where they have all their favorites, it's only the ones that have remain exclusive to SubStar that have had an increase, naturally since it's their only site so where else would you find them. Creators that link both sites usually will have the larger audience over on Patreon. Obviously Ero isn't going shut the door on them if they remain stubborn as a mule on there.
If the mules don't switch they don't get updates, simple as that. Sometimes you need to force people (one way or another) to do something. Post on patreon a message that patreon page will close for good, and give the SubStar link for those who really want to support the project. But Ero don't shut down the moneyriver for his own sake. The "In in one ear and out the other" sentence is only apply to you here because Ero totally brainwashed you lad.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
If the mules don't switch they don't get updates, simple as that. Sometimes you need to force people (one way or another) to do something. Post on patreon a message that patreon page will close for good, and give the SubStar link for those who really want to support the project. But Ero don't shut down the moneyriver for his own sake. The "In in one ear and out the other" sentence is only apply to you here because Ero totally brainwashed you lad.
"in in one ear and out the other" when people has been posting a lot of facts in this thread towards this kitty person. the projection is real

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
Again, you're missing the point. You're talking as if it was YOUR responsibility to convince others to move to Subscribestar. It's not. Eromancer is the one who needs to set his priorities straight. And right now, he's lying about wanting to "preserve his vision" of the game and is screwing supporters on Subscribestar (like you).
And what for? Money? No. As I said before, he doesn't need to completely leave Patreon. He can do Project XXXIV on Patreon (he doesn't need to actually release any content, the sleepers won't notice it - and it's not like he's releasing that much content anyway) and Pure Onyx on Subscribestar.
He can use Patreon sleepers' money to fund Pure Onyx on Subscribestar. Patreon won't notice any difference (as long as they get their cut and Project XXXIV doesn't violate the ToS they won't care) and Subscribestar will be happy to get more subscribers (more money for them too). That way Eromancer will keep "his vision" and the supporters who want an uncensored product (like you) will get what they want. And those "stubborn Patreon supporters" will switch to Subscribestar or leave. Either way, Eromancer won't lose that much money.
But Eromancer doesn't want to, and instead blames everyone under the sun.

And time keeps passing. 4 months ago you said that the team had 2 more programmers, and that the spiders and the ring girl would be added "soon". 4 months and what have we got?
- 3 Re-skinned H-animations
- Tier 2 equipment (that was announced 2 years ago - but at least is some content)
- 1 background stage (spider cavern)
- 1 "new" enemy (MaleCop, who actually was in game 2 years ago)
- 1 re-made Onyx H-animation that was done better (uncensored) 3 years ago. But at least will no longer appear in the "Known Bugs" list.

That's with a 13+ team and $20K+/month

You seem to think that we are your enemies. We are not. Most of us were supporters some time ago.
We aren't screwing you, Eromancer is.

2.90 star(s) 77 Votes