Redboi8

Mar 17, 2023
This is why I really respect developers like Vosmug. Sure, Vos takes 3 years to release a game, but you know what he doesn't do in the meantime? Take tens of thousands of dollars from people for no results because he realizes that it is poison to the concept of shipping a title. Instead he makes his game and then sells it on every platform he can to make the cost back, and it works. And his games are actually mostly feature complete when they launch. No episode 1 or half a game.

It sucks, because Patreon and other services are important for developers and artists to be able to pay their bills while doing their work. But then you'll run into developers who really, really take advantage of it. Another really good dev is Majalis, who, rain or fucking shine, has a content release every month and is meaningfully moving towards the game being complete. Some developers understand that you CAN milk your fans, but it hurts the entire genre, not just your rinky dink scam project. Unethical developers are remembered far more than the ones who didn't fuck people over.
Vosmug is love. Vosmug is life. <3

Reactions: Dinglederper

MusicVideoGuy

Feb 28, 2018
This is why I really respect developers like Vosmug. Sure, Vos takes 3 years to release a game, but you know what he doesn't do in the meantime? Take tens of thousands of dollars from people for no results because he realizes that it is poison to the concept of shipping a title. Instead he makes his game and then sells it on every platform he can to make the cost back, and it works. And his games are actually mostly feature complete when they launch. No episode 1 or half a game.

It sucks, because Patreon and other services are important for developers and artists to be able to pay their bills while doing their work. But then you'll run into developers who really, really take advantage of it. Another really good dev is Majalis, who, rain or fucking shine, has a content release every month and is meaningfully moving towards the game being complete. Some developers understand that you CAN milk your fans, but it hurts the entire genre, not just your rinky dink scam project. Unethical developers are remembered far more than the ones who didn't fuck people over.
Excellent post, for years people have bugged Vosmug to crowdfund in his blogpost comments it’s good to see his refusal vindicated.

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
It's amazing how much mods come in here to clean up. Claiming things are off-topic when I make references to Eromancer and his work and track record or little of.

How the fuck am I being off-topic? Are mods running protection for this clown show to now? It is a crime now here apparently to point out facts about an artist and their behavior/track record.

• Sad
Reactions: bloodmane

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
It's amazing how much mods come in here to clean up. Claiming things are off-topic when I make references to Eromancer and his work and track record or little of.

How the fuck am I being off-topic? Are mods running protection for this clown show to now? It is a crime now here apparently to point out facts about an artist and their behavior/track record.
As per usually the heavy handed jannies failed to explain if you did anything wrong. On the Lilith's throne thread we chatted about model trains and no one cared, yet discussing a certain mod for that game got several comment deleted. Don't be surprised if this comment gets deleted as well, since apparently asking what rule you supposedly broke is also off topic. Luckily they don't police signatures since MusicVideoGuy 's sig sums up the typical exchange when jannies try to explain themselves.

Dinglederper

Dec 19, 2020

This is why I avoid directly arguing for more than a post or two after a certain someone just responded with insults in every comment, nothing will come of it, it will last several pages, and most of the convo will get deleted. I prefer now to just sit back with popcorn while people make jokes about shitty devs, only to have the "totally normal and sane and based" gigachads come in to declare how complaining is a waste by complaining to the complainers.

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
This is why I avoid directly arguing for more than a post or two after a certain someone just responded with insults in every comment, nothing will come of it, it will last several pages, and most of the convo will get deleted. I prefer now to just sit back with popcorn while people make jokes about shitty devs, only to have the "totally normal and sane and based" gigachads come in to declare how complaining is a waste by complaining to the complainers.
I wasn't really arguing with anyone at the time when it was deleted. Again, I just ignore the white-knights as there is no point debating with them.

Reactions: Dinglederper

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
About how long do you think it should take to make a production ready character, from concept to rigged and textured model. Some sources sugested 200+ hours, but I've seen some guys with a simmular style on youtube boast as little as a work week.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020

this is why, i did say it was pointless :3
1690448118059.png

tofumen

Oct 31, 2018
I just played this game and bug rape scenes are really good
It's a shame the dev has a bad reputation.
Reminds me of me subbing Seeds of Chaos only to get disappointed in the devs and leaving.
Sadly it's the only thing you can do, just stop paying attention.

Reactions: Taskboy

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
I'm in the process of ripping the models and rigging them in Blender to see how hard it could be. So far I've only got the mesh and texture for bat bunny, and that involved redoing the uv unwrap since it was mangled during extraction. If anyone knows how to obtain an intact armature with Unity Bundle Extractor I'd like to know, unless it's more economical to use rigify.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: gaud and No-Nonon

pepeu23

Dec 15, 2018
I'm in the process of ripping the models and rigging them in Blender to see how hard it could be. So far I've only got the mesh and texture for bat bunny, and that involved redoing the uv unwrap since it was mangled during extraction. If anyone knows how to obtain an intact armature with Unity Bundle Extractor I'd like to know, unless it's more economical to use rigify.
I have all the models but, the main character is missing the textures, i was gonna make some animations but i have no time because of my main job

Reactions: gaud
2.90 star(s) 77 Votes