KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Previously, I had doubts that you could criticize your benefactor after writing many paragraphs to correct matters at hand.
And here we are, a stray bullet finally landed on a critical part.
Because you don't actually read what i write, i've said it before in the past. Can't quote the posts now because everyone starts dog piling and leads mods to deleting many posts. At least you admit to not listening.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
At least you admit to not listening.
Admitting that I'm not listening and then learning what the accurate assessment is a good choice rather than claiming I read your messages without knowing what it actually meant or trying not to understand what the other belligerents have to say.

Last edited:

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Summarize what you've said, please. Hope it isn't much to ask.
i said that him "scamming" could just be him not actually having the experience required to move at the rate everyone wants, while the money piles up. Someone else than said "he's been at this for years how has he not learned" which i then said, everyone learns at different rates. I also mention that he could have OCD which would explain why his workflow doesn't make sense at times. Then Yojimbo comes out of nowhere ranting how "that's not how a perfectionist behaves" which i never even claim lol but it was funny.

Siduopi

Apr 10, 2023
I'll share what little I figured out by messing about. Once you enter the game there should be a panel full of buttons on top of the screen. After that enter the level of your choice. I'll prefer the gallery as all actors are instanced (created) upon loading the level, standing way off camera when not in a scene. For the most ease we want use thek "Object Explorer", so click that. View attachment 2899483
This should bring up a panel like this:
Only "Handler should be visible at first. Clicking on the triangles, navigate to Level/SpawnedObjects.This should give you a list of characters. Pick the one(s) you want to modify. From there under "GXF Root" should be several items. The two folders that concern us are "GFX" and "HGFX".
HGFX specifically affects models in sex scenes while GFX affects everything else. They are independent, so if you'll need to manually change both if you want them to match.

And now for a hiccup in our escapades. I noticed that some items despite being being checked (the box beside the item is green instead of black) are still invisible. Clicking on the offending item's name opens the inspector. There a list of items lay under widgets. Clicking "SkinnedMeshrenderer" brings us to this screen.
View attachment 2899522
At first glace, it appears that changing the Render.enabled and Render.isVisible to true before hitting the "Update displayed values" button should ammend our issue. However, the values simply reset. It seems to only affect this particular widget on all characters and the bukkake system widget (reached by clicking a female actor's GFX or HGFX folder) on Onyx specifically. Additionally C# scripting is disabled due to an incompatibility error. I'll experiment with the additional recommended plugins to see if the two issues are related.
I try the mod, but F7 doesn't work, and nothing pops up, any idea?

whocares121

Feb 4, 2018
Guys tbh the quickest way to sum up the flaws with Ero's development came from a comment he made (I think on his discord) that essentially said "every day I see what everyone is doing and if people need new tasks I assign them whatever idea/fix/improvement we have on a to-do list to make sure someone is always doing something" which, while it sounds like a good way to keep people involved, also just strikes me that Ero's prioritization is too focused on tasks being finished as opposed to priorities.

Having supported Ero and reported my fair share of bugs and glitches I noticed while playing I actually got some quick, comprehensive communication with them to know that my complaints were being noted and on more than several occasions those bugs were fixed in the next patch. And while that was actually refreshing to see that the team was taking notes and action based off user reports, the flipside is while those small changes were done I'm not sure if they were easy fixes or if they drew time away from bigger priorities that should've came first. Obviously without being on the team it's hard for anyone to know, but while I don't necessarily agree with calling it a scam it's pretty easy to understand why it's viewed that way.

I honestly think that with a team of 13 some people all assigned different (and sometimes overlapping) duties with Ero doubling as some jack-of-all trade means that he's delegating tasks more like a programmer instead of a director, so instead of keeping sight on the big picture he's too focused on making sure every small step towards that big picture is up to par. That's why you get complaints about people wondering why they spent a month on parallax for a new stage background instead of creating a new stage altogether, or why there's models and mockups of new equipment and enemies but they haven't been introduced yet. And the truth likely is; whoever it is on that team implements those new enemies is currently busy reworking bugs in the current ones, or that they're experimenting with a new parallax code/method on an old stage and if it works they can use it on new ones instead of vice versa. And while that wouldn't be wrong in a traditional game studio, it's frustrating for supporters to see in a crowd sourced one.

All this really is just to say; it's easy to understand why people are mad and why others are quick to defend. In my opinion I do think the team does actually put in some good work that does lead to some good results. It's just there's too much focus on the small intangibles instead of the big picture, and if you're crowdfunding an early access game you really need to make sure you have all the big picture items finished before you really smooth out all the small issues. Best example I can think of is Matto for Operations Ground Zero, he's openly said he cares more about making a game instead of making an adult game, so 99% of his work in the past year has been big systems with all the adult stuff coming in the last phase. Unfortunately Ero is too big and too deep in development to take that route, so we'll just have to see if something happens internally for them to change their priorities.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Guys tbh the quickest way to sum up the flaws with Ero's development came from a comment he made (I think on his discord) that essentially said "every day I see what everyone is doing and if people need new tasks I assign them whatever idea/fix/improvement we have on a to-do list to make sure someone is always doing something" which, while it sounds like a good way to keep people involved, also just strikes me that Ero's prioritization is too focused on tasks being finished as opposed to priorities.

Having supported Ero and reported my fair share of bugs and glitches I noticed while playing I actually got some quick, comprehensive communication with them to know that my complaints were being noted and on more than several occasions those bugs were fixed in the next patch. And while that was actually refreshing to see that the team was taking notes and action based off user reports, the flipside is while those small changes were done I'm not sure if they were easy fixes or if they drew time away from bigger priorities that should've came first. Obviously without being on the team it's hard for anyone to know, but while I don't necessarily agree with calling it a scam it's pretty easy to understand why it's viewed that way.

I honestly think that with a team of 13 some people all assigned different (and sometimes overlapping) duties with Ero doubling as some jack-of-all trade means that he's delegating tasks more like a programmer instead of a director, so instead of keeping sight on the big picture he's too focused on making sure every small step towards that big picture is up to par. That's why you get complaints about people wondering why they spent a month on parallax for a new stage background instead of creating a new stage altogether, or why there's models and mockups of new equipment and enemies but they haven't been introduced yet. And the truth likely is; whoever it is on that team implements those new enemies is currently busy reworking bugs in the current ones, or that they're experimenting with a new parallax code/method on an old stage and if it works they can use it on new ones instead of vice versa. And while that wouldn't be wrong in a traditional game studio, it's frustrating for supporters to see in a crowd sourced one.

All this really is just to say; it's easy to understand why people are mad and why others are quick to defend. In my opinion I do think the team does actually put in some good work that does lead to some good results. It's just there's too much focus on the small intangibles instead of the big picture, and if you're crowdfunding an early access game you really need to make sure you have all the big picture items finished before you really smooth out all the small issues. Best example I can think of is Matto for Operations Ground Zero, he's openly said he cares more about making a game instead of making an adult game, so 99% of his work in the past year has been big systems with all the adult stuff coming in the last phase. Unfortunately Ero is too big and too deep in development to take that route, so we'll just have to see if something happens internally for them to change their priorities.
I literally stated many of those points and people have fought me for so long. They don't listen if you don't outright villainize him and agree he is a scammer.

Ironfoot

Jun 7, 2017
I literally stated many of those points and people have fought me for so long. They don't listen if you don't outright villainize him and agree he is a scammer.
If he really suffers from lack of knowledge, PTSD and perfectionism he doesn't deserve to be the leader of the group. They need to replace him with someone more trustworthy. For the game's sake.

Ironfoot

Jun 7, 2017
Seems like you can't read.
What? In one of your posts you wrote he maybe suffers from PTSD. Then you criticize him about how he doesn't know much about programming, then whocares wrote how the whole team is focused on fixing miniscule bugs instead of doing new things (which tasks Eromancer give them) thats called maxialism or perfectionism. Yeah I can't read but you don't have a simple logic to put things togheter.

2.90 star(s) 77 Votes