RPGM Completed WIP Quarta Knight Emerald [1.15][Kudarizaka Guardrail]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

prisma9016

Jan 3, 2018
MINOR UPDATE

is now live. This updates the base game to JPNv1.15 with some bug fixes.

THIS IS A WIP AND NOT READY FOR GENERAL RELEASE

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry, in advance, and thank you for your work on the translation. I have a question regarding the difficulty mod file. When I extract it, I don't see any additional items in the chests or anything mentioned in the text file. Do I need to do anything else besides extracting and replacing the file?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Sorry, in advance, and thank you for your work on the translation. I have a question regarding the difficulty mod file. When I extract it, I don't see any additional items in the chests or anything mentioned in the text file. Do I need to do anything else besides extracting and replacing the file?
I haven't implemented those ones yet. I included them in the mod notes as a roadmap, but at this point, only the enemy ambush speed has been changed.

Reactions: prisma9016

prisma9016

Jan 3, 2018
I haven't implemented those ones yet. I included them in the mod notes as a roadmap, but at this point, only the enemy ambush speed has been changed.
Oh, I understand. Thank you very much for your work on the translation. I hope to be able to play with the changes you mentioned soon. They sound very interesting!

tyrrandae

Aug 7, 2017
Started a new playthrough of this today, and the speed increase does not seem to be working. I applied the mod but noticed no change from my last playthrough. I can still simply walk through an ambush area pretty easily.

And on the note of mods, I'd like to see the Nipple and Clit Rings start their attachment progress even when restrainted. As it stands if you just beat the Strap Ocillits with magic abd never try to escape restraints they don't get attached.

Also would be nice if there was some cost to removing the Commando Baste, rather than just going home.

Having some invisible traps could be interesting, doesn't need to be all of them, or even any if the speed chasing starts to work properly.

Anyone thanks for the translation and the work you do. Would still like a stand alone version of it to apply to my own copy of the game instead of downloading a full version each time.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Started a new playthrough of this today, and the speed increase does not seem to be working. I applied the mod but noticed no change from my last playthrough. I can still simply walk through an ambush area pretty easily.

And on the note of mods, I'd like to see the Nipple and Clit Rings start their attachment progress even when restrainted. As it stands if you just beat the Strap Ocillits with magic abd never try to escape restraints they don't get attached.

Also would be nice if there was some cost to removing the Commando Baste, rather than just going home.

Having some invisible traps could be interesting, doesn't need to be all of them, or even any if the speed chasing starts to work properly.

Anyone thanks for the translation and the work you do. Would still like a stand alone version of it to apply to my own copy of the game instead of downloading a full version each time.
Oh right, I forgot to include that. I guess too late now, but hopefully I remember next time.

And currently it doesn't affect ambushes, only normal enemies that alert on the map. I think I figured out how to apply the same speed boost to ambushers, but it requires me to modify game files to add a line of code since their movement is pre-scripted and doesn't terminate on the alertable mode. I still need to write the script to do that at scale.

That is a good idea for the rings.

Invisible traps is a maybe. I think I understand how to add them to the code, but since I do all my edits with the game files instead of RPGM itself, it might be a total disaster.

Aug 17, 2022
View attachment 2299329
Store
:
Censored: Yes
Version: 1.14
Language: MTL and English
Game Updated: 2023-03-01
Thread Updated: 2023-03-05

Instructions/Information
Download and run. Use Locale Emulator

Download

Not ready for general release

Addition Contents:

1. Full Save Included
  2. Baste Reference Guide
  3. Difficulty Mod
Preview Images:
View attachment 2299330
View attachment 2299332
View attachment 2299334
+1

ET619

Aug 24, 2017
A mod was made that links the game to electronic sex toys like The Handy, Lovense, Vorze products, etc. however it modifies the .json files and does not work with the translation. Anyone know how to get then working together?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
A mod was made that links the game to electronic sex toys like The Handy, Lovense, Vorze products, etc. however it modifies the .json files and does not work with the translation. Anyone know how to get then working together?
Every day we stray further from God's light and I love it.

Yeah, I'll see about getting that translated, seems straightforward enough. There is no way to get them to work together directly, since the buttplug mod has to overwrite the Skills, CommonEvents, and js files and so does the translation. Buttplug mod doesn't introduce any new displayed text though, so it should be straightforward in terms of just reapplying the translation to a different set of base files.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Every day we stray further from God's light and I love it.

Yeah, I'll see about getting that translated, seems straightforward enough. There is no way to get them to work together directly, since the buttplug mod has to overwrite the Skills, CommonEvents, and js files and so does the translation. Buttplug mod doesn't introduce any new displayed text though, so it should be straightforward in terms of just reapplying the translation to a different set of base files.
Or if you can parse out the new additions from the mod, I don't see why you couldn't add those items to your translated work. Not sure which is easier for you to do.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Or if you can parse out the new additions from the mod, I don't see why you couldn't add those items to your translated work. Not sure which is easier for you to do.
In theory that works as well but then I need to figure out a whole new set of operations and rules. Translating the buttplug mod should be as easy as creating a parallel folder for the RAWs and then just swapping my input and output directories. The only stumbling block will be however it integrates with the toy software might have additional Japanese I'll need to track down, but that's pretty manageable.

tyrrandae

Aug 7, 2017
Anotherthing I noticed with my playthrough is that removing the bastes from level 3resets all sensitivities back to 0. I want to say this is probably a bug even in the base game. But any change of adding it to hard mode where it isn't reset?

I don't know which one it is exactly, but I am pretty sure it has to do with E.R.O. Link and the Hacking modifiers, if you manage to get the over 1000 it will remove that much from your sensitivities.

I don't know how feasible it will be to do without tracking new variables. But just a thought I had. It makes level 4 extremely simple going into it with 0 sensitivities across the board.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Anotherthing I noticed with my playthrough is that removing the bastes from level 3resets all sensitivities back to 0. I want to say this is probably a bug even in the base game. But any change of adding it to hard mode where it isn't reset?

I don't know which one it is exactly, but I am pretty sure it has to do with E.R.O. Link and the Hacking modifiers, if you manage to get the over 1000 it will remove that much from your sensitivities.

I don't know how feasible it will be to do without tracking new variables. But just a thought I had. It makes level 4 extremely simple going into it with 0 sensitivities across the board.
Weird. That's definitely a base game bug and an interesting one at that. Math must be Base Sensitivity + ERO Hacking Sensitivity, then removing the baste is just Sensitivity Total - ERO Hacking. I'd report it to the dev on Ci-En, because fixing that in the files sounds like an adventure and a half.

bazelgeuse

Oct 21, 2019
Off topic but how do you stay focused translating. I want to finish this but it seems so far away.

tyrrandae

Aug 7, 2017
Weird. That's definitely a base game bug and an interesting one at that. Math must be Base Sensitivity + ERO Hacking Sensitivity, then removing the baste is just Sensitivity Total - ERO Hacking. I'd report it to the dev on Ci-En, because fixing that in the files sounds like an adventure and a half.
Yeah I considered reporting it, but I fear I don't know where to submit a report at, nor do I speak japanese and i don't know how well machine translation will get the report across.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Off topic but how do you stay focused translating. I want to finish this but it seems so far away.
I try to make a project plan and break it up. So I finished the Maps, took a break to get some rough MTLs done with a few other games and complete some other side projects, and going to come back to it to start on CommonEvents I think next week. It's important to take a break and set goals. For the CommonEvents file I also break it up, so I'm going to go through the file event by event, which is something I learned doing Dernier Saint Chevalier the hard way. I lost focus translating that game so many times because I was trying to just do CommonEvents in one continuous stream. Don't recommend it.

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
MuninKai Thanks for picking this up.
I already beat the game near release. I'm about to do another run through with your translation. Anything specifically you'd like me to check on?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
MuninKai Thanks for picking this up.
I already beat the game near release. I'm about to do another run through with your translation. Anything specifically you'd like me to check on?
Nah, a majority of text is still MTL so an edit pass is pretty hit or miss for whether you'd be identifying a translation issue or just MTL.

Aspharoltec

Dec 5, 2021
MuninKai, do you have any other ideas about the hard mode other than the ones already on the note of the mod? because it would be interesting what ideas do you have for the misty stage and maybe more changes on the other zones. I really like the translation you're doing although there are some detalis here and there, but with some time it would definitely be a really good translation.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
MuninKai, do you have any other ideas about the hard mode other than the ones already on the note of the mod? because it would be interesting what ideas do you have for the misty stage and maybe more changes on the other zones. I really like the translation you're doing although there are some detalis here and there, but with some time it would definitely be a really good translation.
I think the Misty Stage is actually more or less good where it is in terms of difficulty. It is not very difficult in vanilla because most of the difficulty comes as a consequence of previous stages. If earlier stages are harder, Misty's Castle will be at a better difficulty. There's lots of ambushes that should be very dangerous but are not because you can just run past them which will also be fixed. So I think it's probably fine. I might tweak the Succubus Lab and XP Drain Crystal battles, and in a pinch maybe change escaping from the Tentacle Maiden special attack to require TP/MP and so become potentially unavoidable unlike the current system, but I don't think they'll be necessary.

xellos616

May 5, 2020
It would be great if the laboratory had the same equipment for confrontation and quartet training.

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes