Jul 9, 2018
Why use clunky VX Ace though? Why not future proof your game using MV?
Unless you prefer using Ruby than Javascript though.
Even the developer of Succulence which was using VX moved his game to MV.

P.S. Never tried the game.

Adrasoth

Feb 1, 2018
1580161365782.png

My game does that when I try to load a previous save from 0.10b but with a new save it work perfectly sooo...meh x)
I begin to think that i'm cursed XD
If you want my save, tell me how to do it because it doesn't allow me to put it on F95 when I try to put my save from the game's folder

BrokenTorpedo

Game Developer
May 7, 2019
Adrasoth
Fakecrash

if you look for it you should see there's a file named "RX_SaveFileInfos" in the folder of your older version of the game,
bring it together with the save if you want to carry on a previous save.

Reactions: Adrasoth

BoohooBitch

Oct 30, 2017
looks uniq. depends on an economic algo i suppose? it all depends on the balance between grinding and content.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
BrokenTorpedo
I am positive the lag people have been experiencing with your game has to do with the resolution you are using, VX ace games usually don't go beyond 640x480, I don't know what you're using to get around this limitation but it is hurting the performance. Reverting to a default resolution would probably fix it but you might need to manually resize some of the images and text-boxes, so it might not be worthwhile (at least for me the lag isn't that bad and the game doesn't require precise movement so I'm fine with it).

I really like your writing and art for this game and it already has a good ammount of content. Sorry for playing armchair dev, but I think going forward these should be your goals:

1. Fix and balance the main game loop: The core of the game is the kingdom-management gameplay, but right now it all feels very WIP-ish. You have thought of a lot of cool systems for the economy, prosperity and prestige, army variables, etc. But it is hard to get into it as a player until it feels a bit more stable, right now there are bugs with money lending, potential exploits with firing your whole army before the end of the month and then conscripting a new one to avoid paying wages, no significant ways of improving your economy in the long run, recruitment is way too expensive for how little it does, among other things.

I know you are waiting to be able to get a programmer before implementing some of the stuff (like the custom battle-system), but I think people will get more into the game if they can a better taste of what the gameplay is supposed to be, instead of yet another scene that only plays deep into the Duke's questline or the barbarian questline.

2. After making the early gameplay more enticing, I think you should do some marketing and re-work your patreon to promote the game a bit more, add it to the banner, make the page a bit prettier, potentially add rewards for supporters (early builds, WIP art, etc).

After getting those 2 things done you can continue developing the game as you will, I just think those 2 issues are the main ones stopping people from following the project more closely.

xigva

Dec 28, 2018
how can i open this scene?
Achieve victory against the barbarians enough to cause a scene to occur that shakes up their leadership, then lose in battle.

One that note, does anyone know how to trigger the 2nd "crown" scene? The 2nd one on the very top-left row?

Reactions: konan215

Tokita

Nov 19, 2019
She has sex with the painter as the queen. The painter knows he's just had sex with the queen [...] the queen wouldn't be disguising herself as a common woman when entering the "slum/red light area," but visiting as the queen.
If you ever find a more...vanilla execution of this concept, please let me know. Imagine a queen/princess who chooses to shag her subjects not out of prostitution or corruption, but because she cares about them (romantically and/or platonically).

...This game just gave me a whole new fetish.

BrokenTorpedo

Game Developer
May 7, 2019
manscout
Thanks for the feedback.

About the game resolution:
Well, sorry but that's very unlikely to change. Lots of the maps are made with the current size in mind and I really don't want to resize my pics further.

1.You are probably right, but I just feel like its necessary to pop out new sex scene every update.And I don't really do full test run very often at the moment, so the balance will still need more work.

Wait, there's bugs with money lending?
I think it has kinda become a bad cycle, in which the bad balance made people don't care about the game play, therefore I get less feedback about them.

2.Yea I will think about that. But I am not sure how much time should I put on making it prettier though.
And I don't want to make early builds as reword since its sue gonna be buggy, I will be basically making people pay to do debug for me. Also then I will be basically supporting two versions at once, which ill be a nightmare.

But, yea I could promote WIP and higher resolution pictures as an attraction.

xigva
It's not a thing.
Sorry, my bad.

Last edited:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
BrokenTorpedo
Thanks for listening!

Wait, there's bugs with money lending?
I think it has kinda become a bad cycle, in which the bad balance made people don't care about the game play, therefore I get less feedback about them.
The issue I have found with the money lending seems to be this: when taking a loan from the clerk in the main floor, the player doesn't receive the ammount they input as a loan, they receive money equal to the value of the total debt.

This means that the player can take loans with no interest, but not only that, if the player takes 2 large loans at the same time, they will receive more money than they will be owing. It is easy to notice if you take two 99999 ducat loans, you will have over 300k ducats while only having a debt of a little over 200k. Easy to farm more money than the player will ever need.

Reactions: BrokenTorpedo

xigva

Dec 28, 2018
BrokenTorpedo
Ah, okay. Thanks for the reply. I quite enjoy most of the scenes so far. :)

Regarding gameplay, I've personally never even needed to take out a loan to get myself back out of debt. All I had to do was tax the nobles to pay for the crowning ceremony, and after that hire a bureaucrat and assign them to taxes to make it more efficient, and I was back into positive gains before the first month was over. Didn't even need to reduce the military size/spending, and even my Prestige was back up to nearly full after hiring the painter a couple of times and making other appropriate choices to raise it. With high prosperity and high prestige, the tax income alone is enough to build up a decent cushion of spending money before needing to raise an army to take on the barbarians.

Supposedly taxing the nobles is supposed to put a cap of 80 on prestige? If so, might be a bug there, because I didn't have any trouble getting back above that mark (unless there's a choice you can make afterwards that removes that cap, and I made it without realizing it).

From what I can tell there aren't any H-scenes as part of the money loan route yet anyway (if I'm wrong please correct me), so not much incentive to take out a loan from that perspective either.

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
BrokenTorpedo I really like the theme you're going for with this, especially the planned "Slavery Guild" content. (y)

Actually IMHO you should focus next on the Guild quest line, since currently there's no consequences to taking on massive amounts of debt. First of all the time to pay it back is absolutely way way too long (60 weeks), but also starting the game with 700k cash / 350k debt immediately ruins the narrative and immersion (even if it was a 1:1 ratio, that's just way too much dough).

Also perhaps look into the conscription choice? Getting instant 5k+ soldiers with whom you can wreck everyone with only a small moral/prosperity penalty...not exactly something a weak novice queen on the edge of despair should be able to pull off :D Also makes the barracks recruitment events kinda pointless since they only give you at best ~200 soldiers.

I actually quite enjoyed the H-scenes but trouble is how you basically have to search them out, they don't feel like a part of the natural flow of the game because of the MC's absolute dominance.
(Exceptions to this being the Bar & Duke Scenes)

Bottom line, please make sure the MC is actually truly struggling, not having a breeze through life. That way all your choices and the scenes MC has to suffer through will feel genuinely significant.

P.S. Please don't take any critique too harshly, it's all part of the process in becoming a better dev :)

Edit: Ok so apparently the 5k soldiers from the conscription event was after securing the Duke's vassalage. Still tho was able to subjugate him after just the first 2 weeks...so giving your body for his vassalage is not the coercive forced choice it should be.

(IMO it's hotter the closer we get to the historical context where women were forced to surrender themselves to strange men's perversions to save their family/loved ones from total ruin :sneaky:)

Last edited:

ayse

May 26, 2017
anyone give me new save my computer broken ad i dont want to play game from beginning

4.20 star(s) 18 Votes