4.10 star(s) 47 Votes

D.VaBeast

Jan 11, 2020
just curious, but about how many hours of content is there currently with the newest update? Art looks really good, but I like a game that has a good amount of content in it

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
just curious, but about how many hours of content is there currently with the newest update? Art looks really good, but I like a game that has a good amount of content in it
I know some regulars that do 5~ hour runs. All depends on you because you might get stuck at a boss fight or something yenno.

So, 10.4 completes the main story, will the next updates focus on visuals? Last time I checked there were plenty of things missing even in the tutorial.
Yeah everything going forward will be art and gameplay updates. I still need to fill the game up with side quests so don't worry we'll have quests too.

Ronia

Sep 12, 2018
I like the exclusivity of them, but I'll probably sink in and put them in the clothes shop eventually.
Until then, may I suggest hiding them in the interface? It's not generally much fun to have stuff waved in front of your face that you don't have a way to actually get. It tends to turn people away from games when they're told that they can't get access to the full game for no reason other than "You didn't play at the right time". Seasonal exclusivity and other ways of creating artificial scarcity works in games that rely of forcing player retention through psychological manipulation (read: games with subscriptions and/or microtransactions), but even if we disregard the ethical considerations with those practices, it doesn't apply to a game with this design. As it stands it only serves the purpose of making players frustrated that they are being punished for not playing the game at the correct time.

I appreciate that it might feel like a novel idea from a designer perspective, but it's a very different matter from a player perspective. You're punishing a large portion of players, with the only benefit of making a smaller portion feel privileged. I'd argue that that is not a good trade-off, but if that's the desired design then hiding them from those that can't ever get them can at least mitigate some of the downsides to that choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: James Eveleth

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Until then, may I suggest hiding them in the interface? It's not generally much fun to have stuff waved in front of your face that you don't have a way to actually get. It tends to turn people away from games when they're told that they can't get access to the full game for no reason other than "You didn't play at the right time". Seasonal exclusivity and other ways of creating artificial scarcity works in games that rely of forcing player retention through psychological manipulation (read: games with subscriptions and/or microtransactions), but even if we disregard the ethical considerations with those practices, it doesn't apply to a game with this design. As it stands it only serves the purpose of making players frustrated that they are being punished for not playing the game at the correct time.

I appreciate that it might feel like a novel idea from a designer perspective, but it's a very different matter from a player perspective. You're punishing a large portion of players, with the only benefit of making a smaller portion feel privileged. I'd argue that that is not a good trade-off, but if that's the desired design then hiding them from those that can't ever get them can at least mitigate some of the downsides to that choice.
I'm sorry, where are they shown in the interface? They shouldn't be anywhere.

livano

Dec 6, 2017
Is XP gain from battles calculated by client level vs. character level or body part level?

4.10 star(s) 47 Votes