4.10 star(s) 47 Votes

livano

Dec 6, 2017
Hey everyone, we're trying out comic style sex scenes for the game. Take a look and let me know what you think!
Comic style might be good if you need to include certain amounts of visuals and writing into limited space, but with the game's format there really isn't a need to do so. Perhaps some spin-off, origin etc. stories and lore in general could be executed in comic form if they don't warrant complicated coding and all that, though?

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Comic style might be good if you need to include certain amounts of visuals and writing into limited space, but with the game's format there really isn't a need to do so. Perhaps some spin-off, origin etc. stories and lore in general could be executed in comic form if they don't warrant complicated coding and all that, though?
Right now I just have pictures being displayed during quests, I figured I could spice it up a bit by having dialogue pop up on top of those types of pictures.

Reactions: livano and Jay009

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Hey everyone, we're trying out comic style sex scenes for the game. Take a look and let me know what you think!
The art in this is phenomenal, though I don't think that the dialogue boxes are needed.

You already have a way to display words in-game. I think that using the static pictures as CGs would work really well without needing to do it comic style. Otherwise it's like you're watching a Youtube video of a comic book and I've never found those appealing.

If you really want to do a comic style, maybe put it out as bonus content, whether as collectable in-game pages or as side stories connected to the main IP.

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
The art in this is phenomenal, though I don't think that the dialogue boxes are needed.

You already have a way to display words in-game. I think that using the static pictures as CGs would work really well without needing to do it comic style. Otherwise it's like you're watching a Youtube video of a comic book and I've never found those appealing.

If you really want to do a comic style, maybe put it out as bonus content, whether as collectable in-game pages or as side stories connected to the main IP.
Oh! I'd like to have each dialogue box pop up when the player clicks the screen, and let them hide the dialogue box so they can just see the picture. Sorry, I should have mentioned that. Imagine what we already have in the game, when the player clicks the screen the dialogue box pops up.

Reactions: James Eveleth

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Oh! I'd like to have each dialogue box pop up when the player clicks the screen, and let them hide the dialogue box so they can just see the picture. Sorry, I should have mentioned that. Imagine what we already have in the game, when the player clicks the screen the dialogue box pops up.
That would be better, yeah. Thanks for clearing that up!

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
Hey, once you go through the gameplay changes and populate the world with sidequests, I am sure there is another, even hornier threat on the horizon, right? Right?

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Hey, once you go through the gameplay changes and populate the world with sidequests, I am sure there is another, even hornier threat on the horizon, right? Right?
Depends on what you mean. Gameplay changes, adding a mod database + tools to upload mods into our database, side quests, animations, comic sex scenes with voice acting, all of this is going to take quite a bit of time.

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
Depends on what you mean. Gameplay changes, adding a mod database + tools to upload mods into our database, side quests, animations, comic sex scenes with voice acting, all of this is going to take quite a bit of time.
I wanted to know whether there's a chance for campaign 2 after all of that is done.

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
I wanted to know whether there's a chance for campaign 2 after all of that is done.
I can realistically see myself working on this game for the next 3-4 years, trying to bring as much content as possible without overloading the game. But I wouldn't go for a "Queen's Brothel 2" type thing, I think I'd rather start fresh with a whole new game / story.

Reactions: James Eveleth

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
I can realistically see myself working on this game for the next 3-4 years, trying to bring as much content as possible without overloading the game. But I wouldn't go for a "Queen's Brothel 2" type thing, I think I'd rather start fresh with a whole new game / story.
Extending the main story arc was what I had in mind, but understood either way. You know, introducing another even hornier wizard or some shit like that. I want some of that endgame level shit, Queen's platoon is legendary by this point.

Reactions: DPMaker

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Extending the main story arc was what I had in mind, but understood either way. You know, introducing another even hornier wizard or some shit like that. I want some of that endgame level shit, Queen's platoon is legendary by this point.
Yeah, I know what you mean. A reason to keep going even after beating the game. I promise I'll keep the game interesting.

Reactions: Separin

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
I'm really not a fan of these type of games BUT I do love the art style.

Just wanna give my appreciations and compliments to the devs and wish them luck.

Also, i wish there were more as good looking 2d ganes.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DPMaker

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
I'm really not a fan of these type of games BUT I do love the art style.

Just wanna give my appreciations and compliments to the devs and wish them luck.

Also, i wish there were more as good looking 2d ganes.
Appreciate it man, and amen, I wish there were more good looking 2d games.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
When running the application, I just get a white screen. Tried changing my locality back to normal and didn't help.

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
When running the application, I just get a white screen. Tried changing my locality back to normal and didn't help.
Hey man wanna do me a favor and press Ctrl + Shift + i in game? There should be an error in the console and that would help me out.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Hey man wanna do me a favor and press Ctrl + Shift + i in game? There should be an error in the console and that would help me out.
OK. In the console, I'm getting the error message: "Not allowed to load local resource". Apparently this is a problem with chrome? (Source: quick and dirty Google search)

Is this a local problem?

4.10 star(s) 47 Votes