4.10 star(s) 47 Votes

Ronia

Sep 12, 2018
I will saay that this game is making the usual mistake in just plowing ahead while leaving the basics unfinished till the last second. Moving the story forward is fine and all but SO MANY animations and stuff have been missing since forever and it kinda sucks.
Not the same person doing those two things. Plus, artists doing commission work generally produce at a significantly lower pace than in-studio artists. And they have an unfortunate tendency to suddenly get tired of doing the work and quitting halfway through.

Reactions: DPMaker

livano

Dec 6, 2017
I will saay that this game is making the usual mistake in just plowing ahead while leaving the basics unfinished till the last second. Moving the story forward is fine and all but SO MANY animations and stuff have been missing since forever and it kinda sucks.
Personally, I much prefer the choice of getting the story and main mechanics out in full before focusing on polishing. There are too many examples of games that never got their stories and main mechanics finished, because the devs focused on the other stuff to a point where they lost the sense of what they can actually accomplish. And usually when the to-do list starts looking endless with donors asking for meaningful progress, the devs either start making excuses for lack of it or just entirely disappear.

Last edited:

gordon101

Nov 12, 2017
personally not a fan of this build, don't like battles are small icons now the animations are really tiny, and timer on quests suck, seriously what is the hurry? the pics are better now, but animations still need a lot of work. I liked how game was before, not liking these changes seems mechanics change every other update

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
I think there's way too many games that never finish because of what you're saying. The reason why Queen's Brothel grew so much is because I pushed the story forward without worrying about art being finished. That way people were introduced to all of the characters, even if they were all black and white.

A year ago I was only making $500 a month from Patreon, I couldn't afford jack squat with that kind of money. And all of the artists for the game also have a full time job outside of helping the game. They're not my employees, if they get busy with real life stuff then I can't progress with artwork.

nickzeik

Sep 24, 2018
My initial thoughts on the new brothel mini-game is there's too much idle time in the brothel and frustration on the timer in battle. I understand the last was nearly incomprehensible but eventually you figured it out. This one seems way more grindy and less strategic overall, but perhaps it will improve after I grind out a room for Suki. It shouldn't take this long if all you get to see are the same customers and animations. Make it interesting and I'll grind away.

This much grind early, may turn off new players and make old players wait a bit since this won't be the first time you go through these story chapters. But also on that note, kudos for improving the narrative along the way on your rewrites. That's always a missed opportunity on these games in development models.

knolden

Jul 22, 2017
I think there's way too many games that never...
I guess that is a fair counterpoint. Focusing too much on one or the other can be equally harmful. That said I do hope we get more focus on the basics soon because it does feel a little rushed in that department.

I would like to sincerely thank you for answering that with a solid reasoning and response. That was nice to see instead of the usual brushing off that one gets from a lot of people. And you do sound like you have a very solid plan. :)

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
Game is not good and not bad, the idea is old. I expect more changes more diffrent action, but change girl and repeat the sex. im not even motivated to cheat... However at the end, its ok. thx for share

livano

Dec 6, 2017
1. With the main story finished and upcoming content focusing on side quests and polishing, do you have any plans for the time after? New game, hiatus..?

2. Do you still have the old artwork saved? I scrolled past some of the older Patreon posts, and I had completely forgotten how different the artstyle was. Would be cool to get a look at it again to see how the game's gone forward in the past few years. Maybe as a bonus content in gallery after finishing the game?

Reactions: spacetrip

Xymma

Feb 14, 2018
So quick question, and sorry if it's been asked before. Are there more girls than the four depicted in the preview screens. If so will there be the possibility of many different brothel "Builds" with girls perks to min/max production

Reactions: Scorpioguy99
4.10 star(s) 47 Votes