RPGM Abandoned Quidget the Wonderwiener 2.0 [Alpha v0.2.56 SE] [Team Tailnut]

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Dezue

Love Ninja
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
I agree with Ghost, While I understand that as a creator you just don't want to give thing away for free. But as someone who supports several other Patreons, They all either have a 2$ option or they don't gate the content behind a paywall.

While 12$ isn't a MASSIVE paywall it is asking alot for less then an hour worth of content.
We're a bit different in this regard - when we had enough money to support creators either on Kickstarter or on Patreon (before starting gamedev XD), we always chose a higher amount since we always felt like 'What are these people going to do with some chump change? We want them to draw cool art and develop awesome games (the two things we backed the most), not scrape by trying to get enough people to take the lowest tiers possible!'.
So, basically, our Patreon is modeled after our spirit as backers. We like stuff that had enough funding to be polished on all ends AND we like to get extra stuff, so that's what we want to offer as well ;)

Btw kudos for supporting several Patreons, that's pretty cool!

Umaru-chan

Aug 12, 2016
Because of your sig, I watched the first season. I couldn't find the second season dubbed. I catch myself saying 'cola' and 'potato chips' like Umaru from time to time. ;)
Lol I didn't even know it got a dub, maybe i'll check it out. Glad you enjoyed it! May you become a gremlin who enjoys clola and potato chips!

I'll take a look, woe to you if it doesn't live up to that gif of yours :D
Haha it's a very funny anime, you'll like it if you like slice of life animes.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
This was a cute, fun little game. I like the vibrant, cartoon-y feel that it had- it had that Ol' School point-and-click feel to it, very reminiscent of games like Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, and the Sam and Max series (but wit' da boobies).
I look forward to seeing where this game is headed in future updates and (hopefully) the stranglehold will be released on the "Sex-tended" version at some point. :)

Reactions: Dezue

Dezue

Love Ninja
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
This was a cute, fun little game. I like the vibrant, cartoon-y feel that it had- it had that Ol' School point-and-click feel to it, very reminiscent of games like Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, and the Sam and Max series (but wit' da boobies).
I look forward to seeing where this game is headed in future updates and (hopefully) the stranglehold will be released on the "Sex-tended" version at some point. :)
Heyho Safetydummy! Thank you very much, we're glad you had fun with Quidget!

You got these games exactly right :D These 90's adventures were definitely a big inspiration for us, particularly we're big fans of the Leisure Suit Larry games (especially the later ones) <3 Great games!
I loved how tight Full Throttle was, telling the maximum amount of story with minimum fuss (AND I loved the chunkyness of the environment design!).

We'll give it our all to make further entertaining updates *nod nod*!

As for the SEXtended Editions, they are planned to remain SEXclusive to our generous Patrons

The story behind this (if you're interested) is that some of the Kickstarter projects we backed with exclusive goodies started giving out these goodies after a while, which we were a bit sad about, as we always enjoyed the feeling of being awarded something special. So we decided to respect our Patrons and do it like this for our campaign.

Don't worry though, there'll still be enough sexy content in the public versions (I just love painting those thicc ladies haha).

Stay funky and have an awesome day, man!
Dez

Reactions: Safetydummy

riplyl

Mar 2, 2018
Lol feels like just about as you're about to lower your pants, some guy stick his hands in your pocket and says "you want to fap, right? We'll that'll be 13$ a month". But at least its with that creepy car salesman over-SEXthusiasm and a smile, so what's not to love?

Honestly though, so many Patreon developers don't follow this business model, so I really don't see why I should go out of my way support the few who keep up this paywall concept. Oh wait, these guys are already making 3k a month, so I'm pretty sure what I do or don't do literally doesn't change a thing.

Reactions: puller123 and Dezue

Krevmh

Jul 29, 2017
I absolutely love the work you guys have done, both with this and your other smaller games. You clearly put a lot of effort into your work and you have the quality to show for it. All that said I am also firmly in the "frustrated with the content gating" camp. I understand the need to make money but considering you have one extra scene for every sex scene, you've locked half of the actual h-content behind a paywall. Even if it is free and it's entitled to ask for more, as a player you always go into a game wanting something which is complete as a package even if it's an alpha. The way that each scene cuts you off and urges you to support could be handled better if you're going to do it because, as is, it feels a little forceful. It would be better if you just had a little text box come up at the end of a sex scene saying "check out the sextended for more" instead of giving us the option and then denying us.

(Also this is unrelated but the punch card puzzle took me a while to figure out and I feel like you might want to put some sort of hint in because it's not all that intuitive.)

Anyway, do love your work as said and will look forward to seeing more.

Reactions: Dezue

Dezue

Love Ninja
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Lol feels like just about as you're about to lower your pants, some guy stick his hands in your pocket and says "you want to fap, right? We'll that'll be 13$ a month". But at least its with that creepy car salesman over-SEXthusiasm and a smile, so what's not to love?

Honestly though, so many Patreon developers don't follow this business model, so I really don't see why I should go out of my way support the few who keep up this paywall concept. Oh wait, these guys are already making 3k a month, so I'm pretty sure what I do or don't do literally doesn't change a thing.
LOOOL be thankful that guy didn't stick his hands in your pants, man ;)

Honestly though, we've been struggling on Patreon a lot before this release, and that's why I'll say it in pink here:

WE
LOVE
YOU GUYS
FOR
EVERY
LIL
FUCKING
BIT
OF
BACKUP AND SUPPORT
YOU GIVE US

Thanks to all you awesome guys who joined the team, we'll bust our asses to make a game you'll enjoy fapping to (with or without that guy sticking his hands into your pants hehe :D I somehow feel like this is secretly @riplyl 's fetish XD )

I absolutely love the work you guys have done, both with this and your other smaller games. You clearly put a lot of effort into your work and you have the quality to show for it. All that said I am also firmly in the "frustrated with the content gating" camp. I understand the need to make money but considering you have one extra scene for every sex scene, you've locked half of the actual h-content behind a paywall. Even if it is free and it's entitled to ask for more, as a player you always go into a game wanting something which is complete as a package even if it's an alpha. The way that each scene cuts you off and urges you to support could be handled better if you're going to do it because, as is, it feels a little forceful. It would be better if you just had a little text box come up at the end of a sex scene saying "check out the sextended for more" instead of giving us the option and then denying us.

(Also this is unrelated but the punch card puzzle took me a while to figure out and I feel like you might want to put some sort of hint in because it's not all that intuitive.)

Anyway, do love your work as said and will look forward to seeing more.
Dude, that's one of the most well-spoken and helpful critiques we've gotten so far. Loved to read through it

So now I can only answer seriously without looking like a fool, eh? Well, let's do that then

The reason we make the SEXtended Editions is because we absolutely LOVE getting extra stuff when backing/pledging for games (I mean, do I have to say more than the haha), so we kinda naturally gravitated towards this kind of campaign. And twice the lewd content was just the coolest thing we could imagine, so we did exactly that!

Since the release, we've heard some good suggestions about this topic and obviously thought a lot about it ourselves.
I can't promise we'll find the perfect balance or something, but we'll definitely work on it and try out different approaches. For the next release (v.0.3.0), our plan is to better signpost which choices will lead you to Patreon content even if you never heard of our campaign, so hopefully that will make the lewd scenes easier to enjoy.

Oh, and your hint for the punch card puzzle is already in the script!
I mean, you don't need it anymore XD but you made it easier for the players that come after you <3

Also, may I say that I'm kinda flattered that your and riplyls first message on F95 was on our thread?
I may not?
Well then ;) Stay funky,
Dez

Reactions: Krevmh

Krevmh

Jul 29, 2017
we absolutely LOVE getting extra stuff when backing/pledging for games
Absolutely! It's an awesome reward and feels really meaningful. I support you guys doing it, I just think the way you handled it kind of has the opposite effect. Ideally, it should feel like you're rewarding backers and supporters and showing your thanks. However the way you handled it feels to me more like punishing non-backers. As I said, when the reward is offered and then yanked away it comes across worse than if the reward was never there.

There's an oft-referenced anecdote from back in the very early days of WoW. Blizzard wanted to ensure that players didn't play 24/7 and waste away at their computers, so they added a feature wherein you get less XP the longer you play and spending time away would recharge how much you got. People universally hated this feature because it felt like Blizzard was punishing them for playing something they enjoyed. So what Blizzard did instead was to make it that time spent not playing WoW would build up bonus XP when you came back. Even though this mechanic was doing the same thing as the old one, because it was framed as a reward instead if a punishment people loved the idea.

Also, may I say that I'm kinda flattered that your and riplyls first message on F95 was on our thread?
You should be flattered, it meant I enjoyed your game enough for something this small to frustrate me enough to post about. If I didn't like what was there, I wouldn't complain about what was missing.

Reactions: 156_163_146_167

Dezue

Love Ninja
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Aaaah, I see what you mean! Yeah, that's quite the opposite of what we want

I also get the direction of the Blizzard example (Man, the early days of WoW :D Those memories!).

One train of thought we followed was to make the SEXtended Buttons unable to be clicked and to grey them out in a way, but I always felt like it wouldn't really represent the enthusiasm we have for the SEXtended Edition (grey buttons are just boring to look at). Also, it would waste a nice opportunity for people to learn about what that thing really is.
So our solution for v.0.3.0 is to let the button tell the relevant information before you even consider clicking it in order to eliminate the feeling of having something yanked away.

It also has the advantage of being a relatively nice to implement solution, since as much as I like to diddle around with buttons and stuff, I'd always rather be working on the lewd content instead XD

Stay funky, man! Thanks for your advice.
Dez

rengohengo94

Mar 1, 2018
i dont have a problem to pay but its so limited with ONLY PAYPAL that im not able to pay to you and with that logic i will never see the GOOD scenes just the boring teases, if you had at least more payment options it would be justified but with just paypal... bye

Reactions: puller123

Dezue

Love Ninja
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
i dont have a problem to pay but its so limited with ONLY PAYPAL that im not able to pay to you and with that logic i will never see the GOOD scenes just the boring teases, if you had at least more payment options it would be justified but with just paypal... bye
Heyho, rengohengo!
As we're using Patreon, we're limited to the payment options Patreon uses.
Out of curiosity, what payment options other than Paypal would you like to use?

Stay funky,
Dez

rengohengo94

Mar 1, 2018
Heyho, rengohengo!
As we're using Patreon, we're limited to the payment options Patreon uses.
Out of curiosity, what payment options other than Paypal would you like to use?

Stay funky,
Dez
well i dont know if its cause of patreon, instantpay or ec cards not a fan of credit and paypal

bobisthebest

Jul 8, 2017
can somebody just upload patroen version on same name? you do the same for elane the champion of lust. i checked the Uploading Rules so can i upload it without getting it removed?

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
can somebody just upload patroen version on same name? you do the same for elane the champion of lust. i checked the Uploading Rules so can i upload it without getting it removed?
Are you saying that you have the Sextended version and would like to share it? Because I'm all for that!

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes