Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Let me ask you a question, when these type of games are developed do you prefer short update, 10-15 min of gameplay, or do you want a larger one so you can play over 30 min?

Also remember that dev of BADIK was known to release game updates a year or more later and when he did you had for over an hour of gameplay. And not that i compare this game with BADIK but if updates are going to be big i think it's on its way to be of that level. So just have a little patience when EP2 comes out, when ever dev consider it's ready to release.
For 9 months of development I expect way longer than 30 mins. Like in the 2-3 hour region and thousands of renders.

Look, I wasn't questioning how good ep 1 was because that's indisputable. What I said is that as a starting dev you shouldn't spend that long to provide a second release when the game hasn't established itself yet. A user had said that this guy had far too few patrons, and I replied that considering where game development is I do believe the dev can consider himself lucky.
You talk about the quality that you think this game will have, but patrons don't feed on hopes.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
For 9 months of development I expect way longer than 30 mins. Like in the 2-3 hour region and thousands of renders.

Look, I wasn't questioning how good ep 1 was because that's indisputable. What I said is that as a starting dev you shouldn't spend that long to provide a second release when the game hasn't established itself yet. A user had said that this guy had far too few patrons, and I replied that considering where game development is I do believe the dev can consider himself lucky.
You talk about the quality that you think this game will have, but patrons don't feed on hopes.
Surely a part, like me, does not feed on hopes but, unfortunately, if you look around, many projects (milking) are updated with absurd timing and still after half a decade they obtain equally absurd funding and this latest trend facilitates the infestation of parasites.

• Sad
Reactions: Aristos

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
It's same as Acquainted. After awesome first release it went to once per year update. So,you wait or forget it. Ppl usually only bitch or defend while time is passing. Nothing else to do;)

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
It's same as Acquainted. After awesome first release it went to once per year update. So,you wait or forget it. Ppl usually only bitch or defend while time is passing. Nothing else to do;)
Will all due respect towards one of the best fan-artists I've seen on this site, Acquainted doesn't even come close to this game's initial impression: all the girls look the same, also a bit cartoonish, and the stories in both games are not comparable. Let alone the fact that I'm not even sure Yuno is still working on the game, while I'm quite confident that Race Of Life is still (slowly) being developed.

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Will all due respect towards one of the best fan-artists I've seen on this site, Acquainted doesn't even come close to this game's initial impression: all the girls look the same, also a bit cartoonish, and the stories in both games are not comparable. Let alone the fact that I'm not even sure Yuno is still working on the game, while I'm quite confident that Race Of Life is still (slowly) being developed.
Definitelly didn't mean to compare. This one is way better. I took Acquainted as example only. But,yes that one seems to be one hit wonder while ROL still have high hopes. Like I said before,nothing else we can do apart of waiting.

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
Also remember that dev of BADIK was known to release game updates a year or more later and when he did you had for over an hour of gameplay.
BADIK never went more than a year without an update. It use to be a couple of months for an update but every update usually takes longer than the last now. People including myself say that the last episode was a year because the previous update was an interlude that was about a character that was introduced in the following episode but it did not further the story or have any of the BADIK characters in it. It was a year between episode 8 and 9 but there was some form of content between that time.

Your comment was to someone saying that he has too many Patreons for a game without an update in 8 months. This isn't comparable to BADIK because BADIK did not take that long for an update until it had at least 5 full episodes out. Also DPC (BADIK dev) has a game called Acting Lessons with 8 episodes that is completed where as this dev has a previous game called The Best Days of Our Lives that has been abandoned.

BADIK may take as long as this game for an update but with 9 completed episodes of BADIK and an already completed game he has earned trust to know that it will continue and patreons will get what they paid for. After a first release devs have not earnt that trust yet and with this dev already having an abandoned game he should be releasing updates more frequently even if they are fairly small until he earns that trust before going 8+ months between updates.

I haven't played this game yet. After TBDOOL was abandoned I planed to wait to see how this game went with it's updates first. I just checked TBDOOL by the new devs to see how that one was going only to see it is basically abandoned too and thought I would check this game and the comments to see if it is worth trying yet. If this dev with an already abandoned game is taking 8+ months for a second release I won't be bothering with this.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

Not their first game
https://f95zone.to/threads/before-you-go-v1-0-undergroundstudio.78987/
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-best-days-of-our-lives-v0-5-undergroundstudio.81454/

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
It's technically not their first project, but the first one was a short VN that you could even consider a Beta of their second game, while the second one was abandoned almost right away.
They still have to establish themselves as full-fledged game devs, that's why I see them as starting devs.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
BADIK never went more than a year without an update. It use to be a couple of months for an update but every update usually takes longer than the last now. People including myself say that the last episode was a year because the previous update was an interlude that was about a character that was introduced in the following episode but it did not further the story or have any of the BADIK characters in it. It was a year between episode 8 and 9 but there was some form of content between that time.
And how many hours did you have after BADIKs update was delievered? I usually had 2 - 3 hours. And i do remember when couple of times when update was delievered years or more later. Not that i'm against BADIK, from my part they can take as much time as they need. Now for this game i do know that this is the first game (not first game of this dev but you get my point) and before we go for a witch hunt let's give this dev a chance to deliever an update. I do get the players that 8 - 9 months is long period but right now comunication is right from dev part towards their patreons and when update is ready it'll come. I always try from my part to give everyone fair shot. This is not a nice guy, knight in shining armor bs cause it ain't my thing however to everyone i try to give one chance and that's it. For this games first release it was good from my part at least.

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
And how many hours did you have after BADIKs update was delievered? I usually had 2 - 3 hours.
A few hours too.

And i do remember when couple of times when update was delievered years or more later.
The longest time between an update has been 9 months and before that almost 7 months. Before those 2 episodes updates were around 5 months or less.

Episode 1 - Feb 7th 2019
Episode 2 - May 4th 2019 87 days
Episode 3 - August 16th 2019 3 months 13 days
Episode 4 - January 10th 2020 4 months 26 days
Episode 5 - May 29th 2020 4 months 20 days
Episode 6 - November 13th 2020 5 months 15 days
Episode 7 - April 23rd 2021 5 months 11 days
Episode 8 - November 19th 2021 6 months 28 days
Interlude - March 4th 2022 3 months 13 days
Episode 9 - December 16th 2022 9 months 12 days

Not that i'm against BADIK, from my part they can take as much time as they need.
I agree. I know that the episodes are getting bigger so will need more time. I wouldn't even complain if an episode took a year to complete because I know that with 9 completed episodes, the interlude and a previously completed game that BADIK won't get abandoned or take extra time for no reason.

Now for this game i do know that this is the first game (not first game of this dev but you get my point)
The problem is that this is not the first game of this dev. His first game recieved 4 updates and got abandoned. I know that it wasn't his fault it was writer that left. The problem is that his name is attached to an abandoned game.

however to everyone i try to give one chance and that's it.
For some people he blew that chance on his last game that got abandoned.

He needed smaller frequent updates to build some trust with the players before taking 9+ months per update. The first few episodes of BADIK were smaller but took 3 months and then they started getting bigger and taking a bit longer and now they are taking 9+ months but the game has been out for 4 years with 8 episodes before that.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
The longest time between an update has been 9 months and before that almost 7 months. Before those 2 episodes updates were around 5 months or less.

Episode 1 - Feb 7th 2019
Episode 2 - May 4th 2019 87 days
Episode 3 - August 16th 2019 3 months 13 days
Episode 4 - January 10th 2020 4 months 26 days
Episode 5 - May 29th 2020 4 months 20 days
Episode 6 - November 13th 2020 5 months 15 days
Episode 7 - April 23rd 2021 5 months 11 days
Episode 8 - November 19th 2021 6 months 28 days
Interlude - March 4th 2022 3 months 13 days
Episode 9 - December 16th 2022 9 months 12 days
I thought that EP7 and 9 took way longer cause those two episodes from my view were the longest ones i waited. If your info is corect thanks for corecting me.

The problem is that this is not the first game of this dev. His first game recieved 4 updates and got abandoned. I know that it wasn't his fault it was writer that left. The problem is that his name is attached to an abandoned game.
Yeah i know. I mean i wasn't aware till receantly that this dev worked on two other games. I did check both of them and they have 4.5 review score, only one was abandoned while the other was finished. Also it seams that players had positive reception from those games. My opinion is that he would make greater mistake if he decided to dettach his name from TBDOL. I would understand that as something dev is trying to hide and would be doubtfull about future updates of this game. If explanation is true and writer did leave then indeed it's not his fault.

He needed smaller frequent updates to build some trust with the players before taking 9+ months per update. The first few episodes of BADIK were smaller but took 3 months and then they started getting bigger and taking a bit longer and now they are taking 9+ months but the game has been out for 4 years with 8 episodes before that.
Yeah i get you on that. Actually i sort of agree. Not that i mind waiting 9+ months for EP2 but i do get where you're coming from about smaller updates.

Reactions: Melissa fan

08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020
preview.png

Hello everyone!

The number of renders is getting close to 3000. It's safe to say that about 70% of Episode 2 is done. :D I have only a few scenes left and the most important one is with a big race. I will start it in June and when I finish it, I will probably be able to determine the date of completion of work related to rendering and give an approximate release date. I’m slowly starting to see the end of the work, which I’m very happy about. Of course, we have to add sound effects, music, put everything into the code and play it carefully, check if everything works well, but it is not as time-consuming as posing renders or rendering itself. I recently rendered the animation that I assume has broken the render time record. Over 26 hours of rendering alone. And all because the scene takes place at night and because it’s dark I couldn’t use the denoiser. Denoiser really drops the quality, especially in the dark spots of the render so I can’t always use it but when I can it saves a lot of time.

And here are a few words from Joshua :D

Not a lot to add on my end, dialogue on Episode 3 is progressing, and a lot of the plotting for the rest of the story is done too, though as always things can change depending on how it all comes out.
Some of you guys have asked for the rest of the playlists I use to get into character's heads, so here's Maggie's:
Maggie’s list is probably the most eclectic. She has a sort of duality in the harsh life she’s had, the challenges she faces, and her sunny disposition.
Maggie has a lot to reveal yet, but quite a bit of episode 2 & 3 involved writing for her, so here’s the list I’ve used so far:

Bellusira - Cachango
Bring me the Horizon - Happy Song
Bush - Glycerine
Chris Cornell - Moonchild (Euphoria Morning)
Evanescence - Bring me to Life
Foo Fighters - Times Like These
Guns n’ Roses - Sweet Child o’ Mine
Green Day - The Judge’s Daughter
Leo Moracchioli - Rolling in the Deep
Metallica - Mama Said
No Doubt - Don’t Speak
Paramore - Crush
Pearl Jam - Daughter
Pendulum - Witchcraft
PJ Harvey - Down by the Water
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Scar Tissue
Rob Bailey & The Hustle Standard - I am not done
Stonesour - Bother
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
The Breeders - Cannonball

Stay tuned!

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
I thought that EP7 and 9 took way longer cause those two episodes from my view were the longest ones i waited. If your info is corect thanks for corecting me.
Episode 9 did take over a year after episode 8 but there was the interlude between them that didn't advance the main game but did give some back story on a character introduced in a flashback in episode 3 that then joined the game in episode 9.

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
This game does look good and the story sounds interesting. I hope this doesn't go the way of TBDOOL because I would be interested in trying it out after it recieves a few more updates.

4.80 star(s) 169 Votes