Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
infuriating game..
great renders, good ideas, good characters, somewhat interesting story, great girls, good quality, even the mc is likeable
The MC is a piece of shit. Cheating when you have a small child at home. Wise move, idiot.

Last edited:

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Wow Veronica is very pushing, too pushing....i feel pretty bad for rejecting her because she really wants a legit relationship with MC while i only want to screw around with every pretty girl i see :BootyTime:

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
I really loved this update
The racing animations are awesome
And the scenes with Allison also kicked arse
I especially liked seeing her in that dress She looked beautiful
I once told you that I never do ex-stuff.. well I broke my vows much like our lovely MC here and made Allison save
I can definitely see your point right now.. :BootyTime:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Joshy92

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
infuriating game..
great renders, good ideas, good characters, somewhat interesting story, great girls, good quality, even the mc is likeable

but jesus, the writing is outrageous, and i've played some really dumb shit here..,
have you guys ever heard of less is more? self indulging, pretentious, bordering on rape forced funny babble that goes on and on and on, with characters that behave like the only rl interaction you ever had was a fast and furious movie.., and thought this is the greatest shit mankind ever made

if you make a point, make a point, not the same one 4 times in a row
a joke or a funny line is great, the same one 8 times is just boring
if something can be said in 2 lines, dont make 25 out of it just because you like to suck your own dick and think you are such an incredible wordsmith

its maddening, because you have all the ingredients to make a rly rly great game, but you manage to write a super hot teacher that idiotically that i dont want to see her get banged, thats a first..
Besides the poop joke which was too repetitive i don't see any other issue.

Also MC isn't likeable at all, you are an asshole who cheated on his wife while having a child together, i honestly like the MC from Raptus much.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I'm kinda disappointed in Veronica after playing Ep2. At first, I related to where she was coming from with her wanting more of a commitment out of him. After the stuff with Lily though, when he says he's got other priorities, she just didn't seem to pick up the hint.
Maybe it's just me reading her differently, but IMO her issue is not being made second priority behind Lily (and to a certain degree, Allison too because of the situation). I think her issue is more that she's being made second priority behind someone else over and over again. This is despite the fact that they were dating each other and that she was the one who supported MC first (among the other girls) when MC was in a tough spot. Her wanting commitment is normal because she was supposed to be the first priority behind Lily/Allison. IMO, it makes sense for her to break up with MC if he wasn't willing to do just that for her.

It might feel a bit awkward for an LI to exit early into the game like you said, but I think it's a bit of a different case for her because her status where she's already dating MC (even if only a month) when the game starts. Her expectation is completely different than the other LIs that started from zero. Basically, she's the LI that you'd only choose if you're willing to commit, and not someone you'd put on a back seat while you're exploring other options.

ucsmunit

May 22, 2021
I definitely need to hear the whole omelette story,i'm deadly curious what it could be xD/
And "say my name" moment was hilarious too.
Great update, devs . Waiting for next updates. < 3

• Red Heart
Reactions: bitsybobs3

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
I'm not the original person you were replying to and I'm definitely not as angry as he was about the whole thing. However, I do agree that the game can be too wordy. https://f95zone.to/threads/race-of-life-ep-2-extra-underground-studio.130096/post-9845562 that was my original comment from all the way back then about it. (sidenote: my original worry about Cooper being ultra one-dimensional character is still here after playing episode 2. I don't think we need our interaction with him to be majority jokey like what we got so far. Camille said it best, he may seem simple but he's great at understanding people. My wish is for the writer to allow Cooper to show more of himself than being boxed in as a comic relief kind of character.)

A few very easy examples are:
17 lines just for Cooper poop joke at the start of the game
16 puns in a row between Natalya and MC at the bar

I get it, poop jokes and puns can be funny. I'm not against such inclusion in the game. I'm against the too much of it. We don't really need 17 lines just to talk about poop joke. I don't think we need 16 puns in a row either, we get the pun, and I don't think prolonging such interaction is beneficial because it's basically pun, replied with another pun, and repeat for 16 times in total of talking about the same thing over and over and over and over again. I'm not saying it's the intention, but I can totally understand if some people might get the wrong idea that 16 puns in a row is just the writer showing off and too much loving their own joke.

Now compare to the joke about the Nerd Girl's name. Everything was much shorter. The one between her and Alexa (we did this and that together) was kept to 3 lines. Then her anger when MC said the wrong name (do I look like X/Y/Z?) was also kept to 3 lines. They are much better because they weren't excessive. 6 lines but for 2 different moments. Compare to that, 16-17 lines about the same thing is far too long.

Just to be very clear, my issue is not the length of every dialogue/text, but the length of some dialogue/text that overstays their welcome because we already got the point and we didn't need the extra repetition of it.

Lastly, please don't get me wrong, the game overall is still excellent and among the ones I really like, but I think it could be beneficial to not get overexcited when writing because it could very easily go out of control.
The biggest crutch of EP1 was putting almost 10% of the dialogue lines in the tiny-ass phone screen, where nothing in the environment changes and you just click-click-click. This has been greatly reduced in EP2 since the phone itself was getting problematic with new content updates (though that has been now fixed internally).

As for Cooper - yeah, he's a bit of a "joke character", cannot disagree here. Most of the important interactions with MC have happened before the game's start (we only learn about their friendship through secondary dialogue).

Could his part have been written better? No doubt. Will that change? I cannot really answer that (yet).
As much as I have an impact on what the dialogue may look like in the final game, the core idea and writing belongs to Joshua and if he is certain about specific interaction - it will stay that way. We discuss plot point almost on a daily and while we may have some disagreements (albeit very rarely), we often establish a common narrative and move forward.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback! I believe the original poster had the same idea in mind, but their writing was a little too "pretentious" to me, I dunno. I'll be sure to forward those notes to the rest of the team :)

Reactions: Skylaroo

lukrame

Sep 25, 2020
Man that allison scene was such a blueball. really hoped the MC would pound her ass on the datenight. The whole scene was pretty rewarding.

Out of all the paths, Allison's feels so emotional. The whole shared daughter angle, redemption angle and the MC going from douchey loser to a true respectable man.

The ball scene where she shows up in that killer dress. MC starts having ptsd flashbacks to their young love . its just so fucking cheesy and good.

its just awesome. I love the writing for this path.

I cannot wait for episode 3.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I haven't finished episode 2 yet but man I think this has to go onto my top 10 already. As far as LI is concerned this is a weird one for me. I like all of them so far yet I don't feel the need to go for anyone but Allison even if she never forgives the MC and he ends up alone when the game is finally finished. Which is out of the norm for me usually on my blind playthrough I tend to go manslut / harem mode on a game likes this since I usually cant decide when there are so many well written character I like off the bat. Of course ill do other saves for those girls.

DatBoit

Dec 2, 2018
This games shows a lot of promise, but there have been two glaring issues in the first couple of episodes, that unfortunately detract a lot from your overall experience playing them.

The first, as others have pointed out, is the writing. There are two aspects of it that I don't think work. One of them is that it gets way too technical. I've lost count of how many long, drawn-out conversations there are about very specific aspects of physics or car maintenance, but they are definitely far too many. These dialogues are extremely wordy, with a large number of complex terms that, quite frankly, are entirely incomprehensible if you have no prior knowledge of the subjects. 90 % of the time, I am clueless as to what the characters are talking about, which, regrettably, makes these conversations terribly boring in the process.

The other aspect of the writing that I don't think works is the incessant forcing of supposed "humour". Most notably, this done in the conversations between MC and Cooper, who are often recounting some old story, none of which tend to actually be that funny. Clearly, this AVN utilizes shock humor, where the fun is to be derived from the absurdity of a situation rather than anything else, but it usally just leads us to having to imagine some vulgar situation involving shit or genitals (sometimes both). This is quite clumsy, and misses the mark more often than not. The conversations also suffer from the same problems as the technical ones, namely that they drag on for too long, causing you to lose interest and want to move on.

The second, glaring issue with the game (which might be more controversial given the many blue-balling AVNs out there) is the fact that virtually every girl is throwing themselves at the MC. And it's not so much the fact that they are throwing themselves at him per se, it's more the fact that they are doing so without any obvious reason. Kira and Natalya both initiate sex even thought they've only known MC for a few hours, Jasmine flashes and kisses MC completely randomly, Maggie reveals her tragic life story to someone who is a complete stranger to her, and Alexa is thirsting for him in an almost worrying fashion. Everything just seems to happen out of the blue, without any meaningful interactions to preceed it. The effect is that your immersion is broken, because the characters' actions don't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

There are, however, well-executed interactions, that should be learnt from and applied to the interactions with the girls I just mentioned. Allison is by far the best example: she acts in a consistent way and doesn't forgive MC in a heartbeat, but is clearly being won over slowly when she sees the effort to which MC is going to better himself and help Lily. This leads to a much more rewarding experience, because you can actually believe their true feelings. Veronica's story is also one I feel is more well-executed, but is somewhat ruined by the MC spending half of the game telling her he isn't ready to commit, but then doing so anyways right after.

Either way, as I started with, the game has a lot of potential. The renders are fantastic, the girls are all beautiful, and the story is engaging. However, I do believe that there are certain issues with it, that need to be remedied for it to reach that potential. No matter what, I will definitely follow the development, and hope to see great things to come.

ReDive

Aug 9, 2022
As a patron, seeing the game leaked early would make me feel sorry for Dev, after all, a late leak could have more or less helped Dev to get a higher tier of sponsorship, but on the other hand, if the game was leaked at such a high tier, it also means that the game has a very good potential to become a "masterpiece" and get more support. Because there are many games here that get leaked as soon as they are released, and they usually get a lot of sponsorship. :)

So if you're happy with this update after playing it, feel free to support on Patreon, add the game to your , or even leave a review of the game here or for the game. Anything you can do to help the game is more than welcome :D

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Race of Life [Ep.2 Extra] Unofficial Android Port + scrappy's WT&Cheat Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 651mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

4.70 star(s) 171 Votes