Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Everyone talking about Natalya being spy etc. but ignore Alexa? Her father basically a capitalist tyrant, she is very much into MC but shows that just a slutty girl has hot for teacher, whenever something happens with battery she is there and also stole MC's thumb drive with the research data and she is too knowledgeable about the topic. She is clearly up to something and all the slutty student stuff is a façade if you ask me.
I need to pay attention to her next time I play I feel i missed subtle things about her cause I honestly didn't pay that much attention to her since I didn't like how slutty she was being I saw her more as a background character that talks sometimes.

Oct 10, 2022
I need to pay attention to her next time I play I feel i missed subtle things about her cause I honestly didn't pay that much attention to her since I didn't like how slutty she was being I saw her more as a background character that talks sometimes.
Please do that, I edited in the pic where she stole the thumb drive. I checked fingernails and Jas has red one and other two from study group was talking to MC at that point. Is she slutty? Definitely, but I do not believe she is dumb slut and I do think she is up to something nefarious.
Also Natalya is too far to try to access MC's PC, if she is here to espionage. She is in MC's social life not work life and she is climbing up to there, if she really is a spy then she would not try that without psychical access to PC.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Up she goes to Canada. :LOL:

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Everyone talking about Natalya being spy etc. but ignore Alexa? Her father basically a capitalist tyrant, she knows all the wealthy people and she is good with investment, company stuff etc. she is very much into MC but shows that just a slutty girl has hot for teacher maybe she is into MC for a different reason and hides, whenever something happens with battery she is there and also stole MC's thumb drive with the research data and she is too knowledgeable about the topic. She is clearly up to something and all the slutty student stuff is a façade if you ask me.

P.S. PC hacking happened right after this scene, IIRC.

I agree with you, I also think there's more to this girl than just being a slut-shamer... In this story, almost every girl is super smart, and they all have their own goals with MC (and not just to fuck her)... But who could be the girl (nerd) whose name we don't know... And why does the author insist that she is "just an ugly" girl?...

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script/episode2/ep2_scene4.rpy", line 595, in <module>
KeyError: 'v2s4unknown'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script/episode2/ep2_scene4.rpyc", line 595, in script
  File "K:\Mega\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "K:\Mega\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Race of Life Episode-2-Extra
Mon Sep 11 22:33:55 2023
Doesn't seem like it is possible to fix as the code matches with code in the other phone.rpy. Some sort of logic error.

UndergroundStudio

Sinsear001

Sep 19, 2017
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "K:\Mega\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
  File "K:\Mega\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode

Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Mon Sep 11 22:33:55 2023
Doesn't seem like it is possible to fix as the code matches with code in the other phone.rpy. Some sort of logic error.

UndergroundStudio

Did you start a new game, or was this a continuation of an old save?

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
So, am I the onlyone who doesn't give a damn about Veronica?
eh she could honestly be wife material, if MC wanted that. But he doesn't, so she comes off as clingy/jealous/etc... she thinks their relationship is much more serious than it actually is. Plus MC has his daughter as the priority, and in his place I'd rather take someone to the charity thing who actually knows the details about the project, and she couldn't understand that? Anyway, I won't be sad if that's the last we see of her.

Reactions: Jericho85

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
eh she could honestly be wife material, if MC wanted that. But he doesn't, so she comes off as clingy/jealous/etc... she thinks their relationship is much more serious than it actually is. Plus MC has his daughter as the priority, and in his place I'd rather take someone to the charity thing who actually knows the details about the project, and she couldn't understand that? Anyway, I won't be sad if that's the last we see of her.
Agreed. When I first tried this VN I thought I'd like Veronica because she's fuckin hot... But she started losing me when she started trying to slip in the word "Girlfriend" even after Jake's answer in the DTR conversation. They're clearly not on the same page.

This episode kind of changed my opinion on the LIs a little bit. I wound up picking Jasmine on my first Charity event playthrough purely because Veronica was kind of irritating me more than Jasmine was (even though both were being immature little shits). That choice ended up being worth it. I enjoyed the hell out of Jasmine and Alexa at the party.

Also Natalya is a lot more interesting in this chapter. I don't even care if she's a spy. My top 3 LIs right now are Jasmine, Natalya, and Doctor Mommy.

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
Veronica's path just feels like a poorly executed forced relationship route tbh. With forced relationships in general, it's always kinda hit and miss. I personally don't mind them if they're well integrated into the story.
Here it just feels like a big misunderstanding. 6 months of dating should be more than enough to figure out what you want and, most importantly, be clear about it. Is it too hard to say "I understand you want and deserve more, but I don't feel the same."? Instead, we have MC keeping Victoria at arm's length even before Lily's accident, not really opening up to her (which is kinda ironic give how quickly he opens up to Maggie) and acting clueless (pinnacle was trying to call her after she texted him she needed a break). As a result, she acted all clingy and pushy. Obviously, letting herself get riled up by a provocative student is not a great look either.

So yeah, in short, this could have ended much sooner if you don't want to be on her path. Honestly, just my personal preference, but since we already have Allie as a forced (ex-)relationship (which works much better imo), I could have done fine without Veronica, especially since she got a lot of content in the first two chapters. Ah well, the others will catch up at some point.

Oct 10, 2022
Veronica's path just feels like a poorly executed forced relationship route tbh. With forced relationships in general, it's always kinda hit and miss. I personally don't mind them if they're well integrated into the story.
Here it just feels like a big misunderstanding. 6 months of dating should be more than enough to figure out what you want and, most importantly, be clear about it. Is it too hard to say "I understand you want and deserve more, but I don't feel the same."? Instead, we have MC keeping Victoria at arm's length even before Lily's accident, not really opening up to her (which is kinda ironic give how quickly he opens up to Maggie) and acting clueless (pinnacle was trying to call her after she texted him she needed a break). As a result, she acted all clingy and pushy. Obviously, letting herself get riled up by a provocative student is not a great look either.

So yeah, in short, this could have ended much sooner if you don't want to be on her path. Honestly, just my personal preference, but since we already have Allie as a forced (ex-)relationship (which works much better imo), I could have done fine without Veronica, especially since she got a lot of content in the first two chapters. Ah well, the others will catch up at some point.
Found the Cooper's alt account. :LOL:

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022

I don't think there's anything poorly executed about it. I think the dev set up that situation precisely to get this kind of reaction out of readers about Jake and Veronica's relationship. IMO it was really well-written.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022

To be fair, the mc is able to be somewhat clear about his intentions about the relationship with veronica at their date at her place when the have the dtr-talk which is pretty early. And imo its less the mc acting clueless in this situation and more like he doesnt really care.

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
Maybe she was justified to be pushy cause she was jealous or felt threatened by Jasmine however it felt like it was too soon to me almost comes off as she is being a bit selfish because of what the MC is dealing with. Because of the the whole thing with Lilly being in a coma and him needing to find a way to get money for the treatment to start. But I feel with the whole Lilly situation id imagine a relationship is the last thing he is even thinking about. Now if she waited till he got the treatment started would of been a better time to bring it up and wouldn't come off as pushy or selfish.
Oh, I'm not saying it wasn't too soon, it definitely was, but I think it all comes from the fact that she cares about the MC and wants to help him through this crisis. I don't think she would have brought up the whole let's get serious topic so soon after the accident if it wasn't for Jasmine's flirty nature. And let's be honest, not taking her to the ball is a huge kick in the teeth any way you look at it.

Anyway, it's not like I even like her that much, I just think her actions are justified if you look at the whole picture from her perspective.

Everyone talking about Natalya being spy etc. but ignore Alexa? Her father basically a capitalist tyrant, she knows all the wealthy people and she is good with investment, company stuff etc. she is very much into MC but shows that as she is just a slutty girl has hots for teacher maybe she is into MC for a different reason and hides it, whenever something happens with battery she is there and also stole MC's thumb drive with the research data and she is too knowledgeable about the topic. She is clearly up to something and all the slutty student stuff is a façade if you ask me.

P.S. PC hacking happened right after this scene, IIRC.

She is definitely up to something other than wanting to bang the MC, but there was no indication that the flash drive contained any relevant information. The MC didn't even notice it was gone. So while Alexa might be involved with some shady stuff, taking the flash drive had nothing to do with the hacking attempt we saw.

norm7777

Dec 5, 2019
see where people are getting some errors this is the one I got.
I got it when Racer Girl - Kris hands the MC his phone back and was talking about pictures someone sent him with "double Ds"
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
  File "C:\\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode

Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Tue Sep 12 10:27:56 2023

georsak

May 15, 2021
Absolutely enjoyed the new episode and the game in general. Not only the best new game of the year so far, but one of the top-5 in f95 in my opinion. The renders, animations, artistic direction are top notch. But since members of the development team seem to read this thread, I would like to offer some well intended criticism regarding the writing and pacing. It's about minor details, nitpicks really, but for me quite immersion breaking. Spoiler follows
Just my two cents. From a place of appreciation. From a fan

4.70 star(s) 171 Votes