bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
The game was fine when I started playing, but in chapter 2 is started having some performance issues, it's slow to change when I press enter, is there anyway to fix it? I already tried deleting and if I want to keep playing, I will have to restart it every time the problem happens or save the game and reload it.
Race of Life (as well as overwhelming majority of Ren'Py games) is pretty much a bunch of images and videos stitched together with some scripts. It shouldn't use much of your resources, but please check with any hardware monitor if you're maybe CPU, RAM or HDD/SDD starved. Afaik, all the images and videos in Race of Life are encoded properly, so unless you're running ancient hardware, you shouldn't have any issues.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Review -

An interesting game that i will keep my eye on, this is not a typical VN so far.

The good, Renders are solid, writing is solid, game mechanics except for the shifting game are good.

If I were rating this game officially it would be a 3.8 imo.

The story for the most part is good so far, but not great imo, I can see why some would rate it much higher and lower and if the story does it for you I don't disagree with you.

For me the story had some major negatives
First Negative - Veronica, we have been given very little information so far about how the MC met her and how their relationship developed. Currently she is clingy to the point of being annoying. Maybe fairly maybe unfairly but we are given no agency in the relationship. It sucks because every other character so far you get to build a relationship with and decide your interactions.

Second Negative - The EX Wife a good chunk of the dialog is very well written but man this storylines goes dark really fast.

3rd Negative - MC's daughter getting hit by a car, again deep dark storyline. I'm going to leave it at that.

A fairly serious topic VN, which I am sure some will really appreciate and I get it, if that's your type of story.

I am refraining from giving this game an official rating as it is extremely well done overall but the story so far is not doing it for me personally.

Now I am not officially rating this game and lowering it's overall score unfairly but I guarantee I will see at least a few facepalms and angry comments just for stating an opinion.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: UndergroundStudio

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Review -

An interesting game that i will keep my eye on, this is not a typical VN so far.

The good, Renders are solid, writing is solid, game mechanics except for the shifting game are good.

The story for the most part is good so far, but not great imo, I can see why some would rate it much higher and lower and if the story does it for you I don't disagree with you.

First Negative - Veronica, we have been given very little information so far about how the MC met her and how their relationship developed. Currently she is in clingy to the point of being annoying. Maybe fairly maybe unfairly but we are given no agency in the relationship. It sucks because every other character so far you get to build a relationship with and decide your interactions.

Second Negative - The EX Wife a good chunk of the dialog is very well written but man this storylines goes dark really fast.

3rd Negative - MC's daughter getting hit by a car, again deep dark storyline. I'm going to leave it at that.

A fairly serious topic VN, which I am sure some will really appreciate and I get it, if that's your type of story.

I am refraining from giving this game an official rating as it is extremely well done overall but the story so far is not doing it for me personally.

Now I am not officially rating this game and lowering it's overall score unfairly but I guarantee I will see at least a few facepalms and angry comment just for stating an opinion.
I mean if dark/tragic storylines are just not your cup of tea thats fine and i dont see why anyone would or should hate you for it. But i indeed think it would be unfair to give it a bad rating with this reasoning (as you mentioned too), its not like the devs advertised it as lighthearted slice of life novel.

About point 1) its more or less the same with V, they are just coworkers/friends who casually have sex sometimes in the MC's mind even tho she sees it differently and trys to elevate them to the couple stage. Shes supposed to be clingy and annoying if youre not really into her and imo its refreshing that some LI's expect commitment from the beginning and way more realistic that way.

But yeah, for me shes way too annoying and i consider her a sidegirl at best, the only path i didnt played so far.

Reactions: wildride69

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Review -

First Negative - Veronica, we have been given very little information so far about how the MC met her and how their relationship developed. Currently she is in clingy to the point of being annoying. Maybe fairly maybe unfairly but we are given no agency in the relationship. It sucks because every other character so far you get to build a relationship with and decide your interactions.

Now I am not officially rating this game and lowering it's overall score unfairly but I guarantee I will see at least a few facepalms and angry comments just for stating an opinion.
You have every right to express your opinion, even if many people don't agree with you... For example, many people don't like red-haired women, and that doesn't bother me, everyone has different tastes...
But I think it's too early to give a real assessment of a game that still has little content... After three or four updates, it will be more mature, a lot can change until then... But I think this game can only get better, I'll definitely follow it , and I look forward to the continuation... (y)

Reactions: wildride69

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
Loved the update.

Seeing Wyatt after playing the Unbroken was so unintentionally funny.

Natalya is obviously a spy trying to steal our cool battery tech, but who's been trying to hack into the PC in the lab? I cringed when the MC just plugged Jasmine's USB stick into the PC, but it doesn't look like she herself has ulterior motives. Who would put a contaminated USB stick in her locker?

Hatefucking Allison and going a2m was so worth losing her route.

Reactions: Redd23

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Loved the update.

Natalya is obviously a spy trying to steal our cool battery tech, but who's been trying to hack into the PC in the lab? I cringed when the MC just plugged Jasmine's USB stick into the PC, but it doesn't look like she herself has ulterior motives. Who would put a contaminated USB stick in her locker?

RE the flash drive - there's an extra render after the "group teaching" scene if you meet the requirements ;)

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Holy shit this game is fire!!!

It's not perfect for me due to my preferences. But objectively speaking, this game is an easy 9.5/10 or 10/10 for most people, holy shit.

For me personally, I wish that the LIs weren't such sluts. Maybe they aren't really, but a lot of the ones that have been presented - or to be more specific, the students and the blond foreigner - thus far pretty much are (even some that don't have scenes yet). Yeah, I know that there will be no 3-letter disaster (THANK YOU for that), but the way that those I mentioned have been written just don't appeal to me as main LIs. Since this game is not a harem, I don't really have many opportunities (as of now at least) to have those characters as side-characters.

Still, none of that take away from the game's overall quality and I highly recommend it to anyone reading this post and feeling "on the fence" about playing.

That said, I felt the story was engaging, the characters were interesting, the renders and animations are 10/10, even the mini-games are nice.

Holy shit, I wish I hadn't taken this long to play this game. Eagerly awaiting new updates.

Zeruvex

Mar 22, 2020
Loved the update.

I got a feeling that Natalya is a spy on the car scene before giving mc bj. She accidentally said about operations. But maybe we can sway her form being a spy to a potential LI.
Quick question for those who have invited Jasmine on that party. What are the pre requisite for that because i only got to choose between Allison and Veronica? Do u need to not date V or something for Jammin to be available?

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

2 horas atrás
Hello everyone!
There is not much news on my end as I just got back from my holidays. I tried to chill out as much as possible before my surgery that’s coming in 2 weeks and I think it worked! I feel rested and motivated though I’m still in the process of readjusting my workflow and it might take a couple of days till I start working at my normal speed.
For all the new people who have joined us in the past month, it would be greatly appreciated if you could click the link down below and add the game to your Steam wishlists! It will be a big help to us!

Few words from Joshua
So, after almost a month post-release, we're seeing a lot of feedback from people that have enjoyed (or not) the game.
As I've mentioned before, I'm actually very happy that there are different favorite characters. I try to give each Love Interest a little different personality, including negative points to being with them, because let's be honest—some of us are like bulls, we see a red flag and we charge right towards it.
There's been quite a bit of feedback, mostly coming from a good place. As you can see from episode 2, we do action feedback, especially if it's a common gripe, such as the amount of texting done in episode 1. We converted a lot of that to phone calls in ep 2 to address this. It's a lot more streamlined than having Jake travel to every encounter, and I think people would get sick of all the necessary linking scenes if we did it that way, or the sudden scene shifts.
There has also been some feedback around some things that people dislike, and I don't really want to give too much away, but part of crafting the story is always going to be subverting expectations. Characters you dislike turn out to be quite likable, and vice-versa. Not just love interests, but secondary characters too. So sometimes, yes, I do want players to feel negative towards someone, and then through the course of the story feel less negative or even positive, and sometimes a character they like may betray them in an unforgivable way. Not that I'd do it for cheap impact—there needs to be a payoff for the player after all—but not every relationship (intimate or otherwise) can be smooth sailing at all times.
There will always be room for some level of "happily ever after", but part of the fun of choice-driven stories is the consequences of those choices. and the potential for disaster makes the triumphs all the more enjoyable.
Other than that, work on episode 3 is well underway. We've gone through initial script amendments and re-worked some scenes that were a bit clunky, including a lewd scene with a character that Jake hasn't had a lewd scene with up until now. From the end of part 2, the story will start to accelerate (pun intended) as we build up the momentum for act 2.
It's been amazing to see the reactions from people to episode 2, and some of the praise has been far more than we'd dared hope to receive. All I can say is 'Thank you so much', and that if you liked episode 2, I think you'll love episode 3 when it's released.
Thanks to everyone who spread the word about the game, all the players who provided feedback, and especially the patrons whose support has helped us push through some long editing sessions and getting outside help when needed.
Oh, PS: There's actually a secret render you can get that I don't think anyone has found yet. Whoever is the first would be a real OG.
Cheers everyone!
-Joshua

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
We've gone through initial script amendments and re-worked some scenes that were a bit clunky, including a lewd scene with a character that Jake hasn't had a lewd scene with up until now.
Hm...

Maggie is an obvious candidate, since her scene was a solo one.

Alexa is the other character that is a definite possibility.

Dr Mahnamahna?

Who else? Wyatt? Maggie's mom? Definitely not Mrs Cooper, no one should be allowed to betray their bro like that.

Reactions: Redd23

N0nsens3

Feb 10, 2022
Race of Life (as well as overwhelming majority of Ren'Py games) is pretty much a bunch of images and videos stitched together with some scripts. It shouldn't use much of your resources, but please check with any hardware monitor if you're maybe CPU, RAM or HDD/SDD starved. Afaik, all the images and videos in Race of Life are encoded properly, so unless you're running ancient hardware, you shouldn't have any issues.
I already fixed it. Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: PickerLewd

N0nsens3

Feb 10, 2022
How did you fix it? In my case, I think the slowing down begins every time the game saves automatically, but only BaDIK offers the choice to turn it off in its menu.
Hold down Shift while starting Ren'Py, or press Shift+G once Ren'Py has started. From the "Graphics Acceleration" menu that appears, choose the renderer to use. I'm using angle

k1ngSt0n3

Jun 30, 2022
Hey guys,

Anyone knows what extra scene this article refers to?

Is this scene available in version we can download here? :)

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Hey guys,

Anyone knows what extra scene this article refers to?

Is this scene available in version we can download here? :)
It's your lucky day :illuminati:

Race of Life - Episode 2 Extra with the extra Alexa scene

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I thought chapter one was good
But chapter two was even better

Allison is really beautiful
And she kicks arse
I won't bother with any other girl romantically

4.70 star(s) 171 Votes